FastPass+ Basic Info, Suggested Priorities, And Strategies--Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would I only need to schedule one adult's FP for the particular attraction we decide to Rider Switch?

One adult can get a FP and on the Swap, you and older DD can ride by going through the FP line.

Or 1 adult and DD have FPs and then DD rides again on the Swap with adult #2.

You don't have to use the Swap pass that day. You can save it for another day.

One adult can get a FP and on the Swap, you and older DD can ride by going through the FP line.

Or 1 adult and DD have FPs and then DD rides again on the Swap with adult #2.

You don't have to use the Swap pass that day. You can save it for another day.
Thanks!

...However, wouldn't that require two trips through the FP line which might use up precious park time that we would use for other attractions?

In addition to Hiro's (always helpful) advice, I just want to mention that whether you use rider swap or both you and your husband have the same FP, you will still have to make 2 trips through the FP line. You will not be able to go in together because your 2 y.o. would not be permitted to enter the line. So you might as well use rider swap and each get different FP.

In addition to Hiro's (always helpful) advice, I just want to mention that whether you use rider swap or both you and your husband have the same FP, you will still have to make 2 trips through the FP line. You will not be able to go in together because your 2 y.o. would not be permitted to enter the line. So you might as well use rider swap and each get different FP.

Actually not true. We will have 3 adults...my mom, my dad, and me. My mom doesn't ride any of the thrill rides so she will be able to watch my 2 yr old. The only ride we are planning rider switch is Splash Mtn bc she does like to ride that one and I don't think my 2 yr old can ride it.

However, I am wondering if the time spent making two trips through the FP line might be made up by having FP for more than 3 rider switch attractions since we could get a different FP for each adult for those particular rides.

However, I am wondering if the time spent making two trips through the FP line might be made up by having FP for more than 3 rider switch attractions since we could get a different FP for each adult for those particular rides.
That's the ultimate use of Rider Switch. More FP rides by splitting up the adult FPs - 3 people can ride on the Swap.

Thanks for the reply. I'm just wondering if its worth it based on reviews of the set up area and crowds...
YMMV, but we have used the Wishes FP several times and have never been crowded the way we've been on Main Street. My kids have even watched from the grass in that area and had no problem seeing. It's not "empty" by any means, but you don't have people crushing against your back or standing on your toes. With littles, it's definitely worth a FP for us, at least once during our trip. We usually do MK our arrival night and get the FP then so we don't feel like we are "wasting" the chance for additional day-of FPs, but I wouldn't hesitate to get it on a full MK day either. We usually plan our FPs for the afternoon/evening anyway. Again, others may have had a different experience, but we love it. The parades, however, can really be seen from anywhere, and while we've tried the FP area, I likely wouldn't do it again. Not the same "value" for us.

YMMV, but we have used the Wishes FP several times and have never been crowded the way we've been on Main Street. My kids have even watched from the grass in that area and had no problem seeing. It's not "empty" by any means, but you don't have people crushing against your back or standing on your toes. With littles, it's definitely worth a FP for us, at least once during our trip. We usually do MK our arrival night and get the FP then so we don't feel like we are "wasting" the chance for additional day-of FPs, but I wouldn't hesitate to get it on a full MK day either. We usually plan our FPs for the afternoon/evening anyway. Again, others may have had a different experience, but we love it. The parades, however, can really be seen from anywhere, and while we've tried the FP area, I likely wouldn't do it again. Not the same "value" for us.
Thanks for the reply!

ADVICE NEEDED. I will be arriving June 4th, leaving June 11th with my family and my sister will arrive June 8th leaving June 12. She is linked on my family and friends on MDE for dining etc. Can I make her FP+ reservation for her on my 60 days out? Or will I have to wait for her 60 days? We really want to get the same FP+ for June 8-11.

ADVICE NEEDED. I will be arriving June 4th, leaving June 11th with my family and my sister will arrive June 8th leaving June 12. She is linked on my family and friends on MDE for dining etc. Can I make her FP+ reservation for her on my 60 days out? Or will I have to wait for her 60 days? We really want to get the same FP+ for June 8-11.
If your sister has booked a package, you have to wait until her 60-day window opens.

If she has separately linked tickets, you can book for her when your window opens.

My sister has a room only and will be buying tickets through UCT, so will I... so then I can get her FP+ as long as she is "linked" to my reservation? Sorry but I am trying to understand the process... at least I have until April to get it right : )

My sister has a room only and will be buying tickets through UCT, so will I... so then I can get her FP+ as long as she is "linked" to my reservation? Sorry but I am trying to understand the process... at least I have until April to get it right : )
As long as you include her in the group when selecting FPs, you can book her FPs when you book yours.

I'm having a hard time booking my FP+ tonight... I'm at my 60 day mark and we are staying on site our first night before switching to our timeshare resort. The reservation shows in MDE. I also purchased 7 days tickets through UC and they are showing. I was able to book FP for our first night only?! I thought I could book for the entire length of our tickets since we were onsite that first night? Is there something special I need to do to get it to link up?

I'm having a hard time booking my FP+ tonight... I'm at my 60 day mark and we are staying on site our first night before switching to our timeshare resort. The reservation shows in MDE. I also purchased 7 days tickets through UC and they are showing. I was able to book FP for our first night only?! I thought I could book for the entire length of our tickets since we were onsite that first night? Is there something special I need to do to get it to link up?
Somebody with more experience might answer this better than me but in all my research (which has been a lot lately) I'm fairly certain that I read, if you do onsite then offsite, once you get to the offsite days you have to do them day by day, meaning you can't do 60 days plus length of tickets. You can only do 60 days from each day. Does that make sense? And can anyone verify this is correct?

Somebody with more experience might answer this better than me but in all my research (which has been a lot lately) I'm fairly certain that I read, if you do onsite then offsite, once you get to the offsite days you have to do them day by day, meaning you can't do 60 days plus length of tickets. You can only do 60 days from each day. Does that make sense? And can anyone verify this is correct?
I get what you are saying. Maybe that is the case. It still won't let me make reservation for the next day... which it should have at 12:01. I am going to bed and will see what others say in the morning. Bummed I stayed up and got my hopes up to make it all work out for the trip. Hopefully tomorrow will work!

@brandilee8299 - you can only book for your check-in day through your check-out day of your onsite stay.

For each offsite park day, it's as @ArielSRL stated: 60 days out from each offsite park day. Your 60-day window continually moves forward each day.

If your sister has booked a package, you have to wait until her 60-day window opens.

If she has separately linked tickets, you can book for her when your window opens.

My sister arrives one day after I do with a reserved package. I was under the impression I could book for her at my 60 day mark (tonight!) Is that NOT the case?

My sister arrives one day after I do with a reserved package. I was under the impression I could book for her at my 60 day mark (tonight!) Is that NOT the case?
That's correct. You must wait until her 60-day window opens.

Her packaged tickets are not active. They become active on the day of her check-in at the resort. It's the "package" that allows the FP booking window to open - FPs can be booked for her only when her window opens.

Darn. So if we want to book things together what do you suggest? We are trying to get 7DMT for 11 of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter