FastPass+ Basic Info, Suggested Priorities, And Strategies--Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rider swap question....there will be 5 of us; my mom, my dad, my two boys (2 and 4.5yrs), and myself. Mom is not a thrill rider. She and my 2 yr old will either wait or ride something else while dad, 4.5 yr old, and I ride most "thrill" rides. Most likely we will all 3 get FP+ so we can ride together. However, can we get a rider switch for us 3 to use at a later time bc my mom "has to" wait with the 2 yr old? If so, I'm assuming they would need to be present at start of FP+ line for CMs to verify that we do have a child too short?

You can only do this on the app, not the website.

It works better for me on the website. I almost have my mini iPad with me so I can pull up the website to make changes. When we were last there, we ended up coming in late due to torrential rains. They gave us one anytime FP, but for the other one we missed I was able to still pull it up, choose just myself and DS, and reschedule it for a later BTMRR. Then we used our anytime FP as well, and got two rides on BTMRR after dark!!! But the app was really squirrelly, esp dealing with that. We used the website for initial booking as well. The app seems to work well for some, but it doesn't seem to like me much!

I don't think Ive seen this question before. I'm making our fastpass+ choices tonight. Due to a schedule conflict my husband isn't able to fly down with us. He's flying down a couple of days later. My question is, can I make his fastpass+ choices for a different park on the 2 nights that he's not there, and let my son use his bracelet for those 2 nights? Would I be able to copy myself onto those 3 already scheduled fastpass+'s after I've used my original 3 in the morning?

I don't think Ive seen this question before. I'm making our fastpass+ choices tonight. Due to a schedule conflict my husband isn't able to fly down with us. He's flying down a couple of days later. My question is, can I make his fastpass+ choices for a different park on the 2 nights that he's not there, and let my son use his bracelet for those 2 nights? Would I be able to copy myself onto those 3 already scheduled fastpass+'s after I've used my original 3 in the morning?
Does your husband have park tickets for the days he's not there? I'm assuming you are trying to find a way to have 3 FPs scheduled in 2 parks on one day for park hopping? I believe it's been reported that a band does not need to be scanned at park entry to be used inside for FPs (someone please correct me if this has changed) so this may work for your son, but you will still be subject to scheduling additional FPs one at a time from a kiosk once you've used your original 3.

cleardot.gif

While technically nontransferable, in practice there is no issue with using the MagicBand of others in your party to access their FP+.

Oh, I hope this is true! This could be especially helpful for us at HS. My older sons and DH will want to ride all the thrills, but me and my DD7, just want to see characters and Ariel and ride Toy Story. There's almost nothing the girls need a FP+ for other than TSMM. It would be fantastic if my boys could ride ST and ToT twice. :)

Does your husband have park tickets for the days he's not there? I'm assuming you are trying to find a way to have 3 FPs scheduled in 2 parks on one day for park hopping? I believe it's been reported that a band does not need to be scanned at park entry to be used inside for FPs (someone please correct me if this has changed) so this may work for your son, but you will still be subject to scheduling additional FPs one at a time from a kiosk once you've used your original 3.
Yes, we have annual passes. I guess I'll go ahead and try it. If I can't get the same rides my son is fine riding alone. He'll be 14 when we go.

cleardot.gif

Oh, I hope this is true! This could be especially helpful for us at HS. My older sons and DH will want to ride all the thrills, but me and my DD7, just want to see characters and Ariel and ride Toy Story. There's almost nothing the girls need a FP+ for other than TSMM. It would be fantastic if my boys could ride ST and ToT twice. :)
It is true. Swapping around FPs/MBs is no problem at all.

cleardot.gif

But you can get FP for some character M&G's so you don't wait in those lines as long either!

I'm sure this has been asked several times before, but I read a while and figured I'd just ask. I realize that you have to get a tier 1 and 2 tier 2 fps at Epcot. After you get them, can you switch the tier 1 for a tier 2? There's nothing tier 1 we will want on our next trip, assuming Frozen EA isn't open yet.

I'm sure this has been asked several times before, but I read a while and figured I'd just ask. I realize that you have to get a tier 1 and 2 tier 2 fps at Epcot. After you get them, can you switch the tier 1 for a tier 2? There's nothing tier 1 we will want on our next trip, assuming Frozen EA isn't open yet.
Unfortunately no. You can only exchange tier 1 for 1 and 2 for 2. You could cancel your tier one (leaving you with only 2 FPP's) and then book the third in the park after you got there (not sure if you would have had to use the other two first like when trying to get an extra tier 1 but either way tier 2's are going to be the only ones left frequently). On the plus side, there are really no tier 2's you actually NEED a FPP for unless you're going Christmas week or similar. You don't even want Living with the Land? What would be the third Tier 2 you would want? I just can't think of 3 that FPP's would be at all useful for.

Unfortunately no. You can only exchange tier 1 for 1 and 2 for 2. You could cancel your tier one (leaving you with only 2 FPP's) and then book the third in the park after you got there (not sure if you would have had to use the other two first like when trying to get an extra tier 1 but either way tier 2's are going to be the only ones left frequently). On the plus side, there are really no tier 2's you actually NEED a FPP for unless you're going Christmas week or similar. You don't even want Living with the Land? What would be the third Tier 2 you would want? I just can't think of 3 that FPP's would be at all useful for.
I agree. As for Tier 1, we single ride TT, Soarin will be closed, and we really don't like Mission Space (or whatever it is). Frozen EA probably will not be open yet, to be honest, Living with the Land is usually a walk on. Last trip we walked on most of the rides, with no wait. In fact, the only thing I will probably want a fast pass for is the Meet and Greet. I guess I could fp Illuminations, but with all shows like that I say, "Look up; can't miss it". I have seen Illuminations many times and sometimes the wind is blowing in the wrong direction, or the smoke lies low on the water, making it near impossible to see the lazer.

I agree. As for Tier 1, we single ride TT, Soarin will be closed, and we really don't like Mission Space (or whatever it is). Frozen EA probably will not be open yet, to be honest, Living with the Land is usually a walk on. Last trip we walked on most of the rides, with no wait. In fact, the only thing I will probably want a fast pass for is the Meet and Greet. I guess I could fp Illuminations, but with all shows like that I say, "Look up; can't miss it". I have seen Illuminations many times and sometimes the wind is blowing in the wrong direction, or the smoke lies low on the water, making it near impossible to see the lazer.

Yeah, I'd say Character Connection and Spaceship Earth if you want to ride it early in the day (ie you'll only be in the park from 9-noon since the line usually dies way down in the afternoon). I usually get Figment as the next best since there actually is sometimes a line for that now (I guess because so many people take it FPP) or the Nemo one cuts down how far you walk if nothing else. But like you said for Living with the Land, all of those are usually (other than the characters) "if there's a line, try back in 15 minutes". I guess I'd try Test Track just so you could get one pic of the family in the same car (I also prefer the single ride line and not having to take the time to design a car but I'm there frequently - if my whole family is here I'd do FPP for the photo opp).

Thank you for the info! I guess if there's nothing else I could do TT. My DH, DS and DDI: will ride; I will not nor will my DGD3. DGD5 may not be tall enough. I had considered taking them on Living with the Land while they do TT. Maybe we'll just grab an ice cream.
:)

The Star Wars stage show will be held outside in the Center Stage area. No FPs for the show.

Thank you both. I never used a FP+ on Maelstrom, must be because I always use it for Soarin. :thumbsup2 Is there seating for the Star Wars show or is it standing room only? I can't picture the location. Thank you.

Center Stage is the open space in front of the Chinese Theater. They haven't resurrected the stage yet but it's just an open area. Stand and watch the show - similar to how people stand for the Castle Stage show in MK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter