FastPass+ Basic Info, Suggested Priorities, And Strategies--Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
The reason why you linked MNSSHP tickets in MDE #2 to MDE #1 is so you can book FPs with your MNSSHP tickets when your 60-day window opens. Be prepared to book FPs for everyone with a linked ticket (party and regular).

That's the plan, but that is what wsegars is trying to do and it doesn't seem to be working. I do have everything linked, so we will see what happens at 60 days.

The Halloween tickets do show up in MDE#1 in the My Reservations and Tickets link as well. I must be doing something wrong. Thanks for the help.

I went back and looked at mine. They all show in MDE#1, but the tickets from MDE#2 show as non-transferable.

Yeah, mine are the same. In MDE#1, the Halloween tickets all show as non-transferable. In MDE#2, they can be reassigned. The screenshot above was from MDE#2.

G
Yeah, I clicked on link tickets, tapped in the code for each one and assigned them to each person in MDE#2. We have tickets for 2 Halloween parties so there's 2 linked to each person as seen below (screenshot from MDE#2). Not sure if that causes an issue. The Halloween tickets do show up in MDE#1 in the My Reservations and Tickets link as well. I must be doing something wrong. Thanks for the help.

tickets.jpg
Go back to MDE #2 and see if you can now book FPS for Darth and friends... When the 60-day window opens.

I have my CM friend's MDE linked to mine to open the 60-day window for her. When I need to schedule FPs, I go into her MDE to do so... and the 60-day window is available in her MDE.

Last edited:
I logged into MDE#2. When I click on make new Fast Pass+ reservation, it says Valid Park Admission Required like below:

MDE_2.jpg

It doesn't list Darth's buddies due to this reason:

Don't See Someone From Your Family & Friends List?
Valid theme park admission is required to access FastPass+ service, so Guests who are not listed may still need to get set up to access FastPass+ service.

To recap it all, I created MDE#2 for Darth and friends. Added the Halloween tickets and linked them to everybody. I then went into MDE#1 and invited Darth and friends. Just let me know if I messed it up somewhere along the line.

I logged into MDE#2. When I click on make new Fast Pass+ reservation, it says Valid Park Admission Required like below:

MDE_2.jpg

It doesn't list Darth's buddies due to this reason:

Don't See Someone From Your Family & Friends List?
Valid theme park admission is required to access FastPass+ service, so Guests who are not listed may still need to get set up to access FastPass+ service.

To recap it all, I created MDE#2 for Darth and friends. Added the Halloween tickets and linked them to everybody. I then went into MDE#1 and invited Darth and friends. Just let me know if I messed it up somewhere along the line.
The only thing I can think of is to close out your MDE (app or website) and then reopen it to see if anything changes. For the first day or two that I had my MNSSHP tickets I couldn't book and wasn't sure if the system was glitchy then the message to link and confirm finally appeared.

I canceled my tickets today and will get a new set tomorrow so will link them up to see what happens.

Somewhat related question..... Four people going on DVC reservations. My 60-day window opens on Wednesday night. In addition to park passes (3 park-hoppers and one AP) , I bought 4 MNSSHP hard tickets and linked them on my MDE to each person. All of those are showing up as tickets on my MDE (in addition to our park tickets) The first day of our trip (10/12) we are only using party tickets, arriving at 4 pm. When my 60 window opens, and I go to select FP+ on MDE, how do I tell it to use my party tickets for FP+ from 4-7pm rather than our park passes for that day? I have been "test" booking FP selections the past few days (and then cancelling them) and it never gives me an option to select what kind of ticket I am using so am confused.

Somewhat related question..... Four people going on DVC reservations. My 60-day window opens on Wednesday night. In addition to park passes (3 park-hoppers and one AP) , I bought 4 MNSSHP hard tickets and linked them on my MDE to each person. All of those are showing up as tickets on my MDE (in addition to our park tickets) The first day of our trip (10/12) we are only using party tickets, arriving at 4 pm. When my 60 window opens, and I go to select FP+ on MDE, how do I tell it to use my party tickets for FP+ from 4-7pm rather than our park passes for that day? I have been "test" booking FP selections the past few days (and then cancelling them) and it never gives me an option to select what kind of ticket I am using so am confused.
You don't have to tell MDE anything. It's when you actually enter the park for the party that the system deducts the MNSSHP ticket entitlement.

FPs are booked based on the availability of ticket entitlements. MDE doesn't differentiate the entitlements; it's the entrance tapstile that will deduct the entitlement at the moment you enter the park.

You don't have to tell MDE anything. It's when you actually enter the park for the party that the system deducts the MNSSHP ticket entitlement.

FPs are booked based on the availability of ticket entitlements. MDE doesn't differentiate the entitlements; it's the entrance tapstile that will deduct the entitlement at the moment you enter the park.

Ahhh, I see. So if my guests have 5-day park hoppers and the MNSSHP tickets and all are linked, I will be able to book 6 days of FP+ 60 days out? (Have a split DVC stay which was a problem when I made Dining Ressies but hopefully won't affect FP?) And do I have the date right- check in on 10-12 so I can begin FP+ This WED night at midnight? Many thanks!

I think you need to call. With only one Confirmation Number for 3 passes, you won't be able to schedule FPs for 3 people. Each person has to have a ticket/confirmation number linked directly to them. One Confirmation Number can't be used for all 3.

Finally got to the bottom of this after two calls to technology, and a cautionary tale. So I had set up my party of 4 on a new MDE. Two of them accepted my invite to establish an MDE account and connect. All looked fine. When my sister went online to buy park passes for herself and her kids it somehow added the kids names onto her account and Their tickets didn't show on mine (but her ticket did). 1st call to technology they did something which did make all the tickets appear in my MDE. But then I realized that the two kids names were now duplicated in my MDE, with my original names linked to the MNSSHP passes that I bought previously and the duplicate names linked to their park passes (so looked like I had a party of 6) Another 30 minutes on the line with WDW technology today and I think they have properly merged and resolved everything. Fingers crossed for FP+ Selections in two days!

And do I have the date right- check in on 10-12 so I can begin FP+ This WED night at midnight?
Yes, 12:00 between Wednesday > Thursday.

Onsite stay > onsite stay keeps your FP window open to book for all your park days. It's very different than the ADR + 10 rules.

I'm glad the techs helped with the ticket assignments! Good luck with FP booking. :)

at least based on my experience from last May, this is very solid advice

The only thing I can think of is to close out your MDE (app or website) and then reopen it to see if anything changes. For the first day or two that I had my MNSSHP tickets I couldn't book and wasn't sure if the system was glitchy then the message to link and confirm finally appeared.

I canceled my tickets today and will get a new set tomorrow so will link them up to see what happens.

Cool. I tried again this morning, but I get the same thing. Let me know if it works for you. Thanks!

Yes, 12:00 between Wednesday > Thursday.

Onsite stay > onsite stay keeps your FP window open to book for all your park days. It's very different than the ADR + 10 rules.

I'm glad the techs helped with the ticket assignments! Good luck with FP booking. :)

Terrific - thanks...couldn't have figured this all out without this thread and your help!

bump, I need to read up on the whole FP+ deal. I am iterested in the theroy behind just booking fp if even for the wrong time or wrong ride and then going back in and changing to meet my needs better, and quick tips?

Cool. I tried again this morning, but I get the same thing. Let me know if it works for you. Thanks!
The new set has been purchased but I haven't been sent the Ticket #s. I have a copy of the receipt but it doesn't appear to be the complete number... I don't think the complete number would be printed on the receipt when it could easily be linked to any MDE account... will report back if I get the #s.

So if my FP+ window opens August 18th I can log into my computer just after midnight EST. That would be 9:01pm in CA on the 17th?

Does anyone know if they do fast pass for the mickey's once upon a Christmas parade once it switches from the festival of fantasy parade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter