Fast pass test and Magical Express...

We arrive on the 10th and are staying until the 18th. We got the email yesterday. FastPass Plus cards will be mailed via USPS and must bring them with you to the park.

You can see all of the information for the program if you log in to https://fastpassplus.disney.go.com/FAQ.aspx.

We were able to use any day of our trip except the first day, the 10th. The e-mail we received said only the 11th-15th, but once in the program, it looked like I could pick any day. My days selected were the 14th and 15th though.
I'm excited and somewhat skeptical about my choices for "Preferred Viewing Locations" for Wishes and Main Street Electrical Parade.

I'm excited and somewhat skeptical about my choices for "Preferred Viewing Locations" for Wishes and Main Street Electrical Parade.

When I was making my choices last night, I waffled for a long time before making my decision due to the option of the preferred viewing location for Wishes. I wasn't sure exactly where that was located. I like to watch the fireworks from between Caseys Corner and the hub. I decided to choose another option instead of the wishes preferred viewing location because I was afraid it was going to be off center of the castle. Do you know where the the preferred viewing location is located?

Sigh.

I just entered mine and got the same message. I've been worried about the post grand opening crowds. Now I'll be starting most of our days with a big chunk of other folks ahead of us in the FP game..........

I didn't even think of this! At least our DHS day is on the 10th, so we still have a chance there. But our already crowded MK day on the 12th could be interesting....

When I was making my choices last night, I waffled for a long time before making my decision due to the option of the preferred viewing location for Wishes. I wasn't sure exactly where that was located. I like to watch the fireworks from between Caseys Corner and the hub. I decided to choose another option instead of the wishes preferred viewing location because I was afraid it was going to be off center of the castle. Do you know where the the preferred viewing location is located?

Main Street Electrical - preferred viewing location in front of Cinderella's Castle
Wishes - preferred viewing location next to the Plaza Restaurant.

Main Street Electrical - preferred viewing location in front of Cinderella's Castle
Wishes - preferred viewing location next to the Plaza Restaurant.

Thank you. Now I wonder if I should change one of my experiences.

No email for me, but tried the link and got right in with my reservation #. Made my selections, but might go back in and tweak when I look more closely with DH and our plans. It said that there was a wait list for the Wishes and MSEP selections now, so maybe Wishes Preferred viewing will open up as that would be ideal.

Quite easy so far for me...let's see if I get the cards in the mail - I doubt it since I leave on the 13th and am in Canada, and between USPS and Canada Post, it can be quite long sometimes.

They are in process of adding FP's at all of the parks to a TON of attractions that generally do not ever need a FP.
This will allow/cause unsuspecting guests to use some of their FP+ choices for attractions that would otherwise have a very short standby wait.

But that is an entirely other kind of discussion. ;)

Thanks for the info on how FPs for shows have worked in the past, Robo.

You know what occurs to me, though is this: Once FP+ rolls out in full, it could be that all of these attractions that have never really needed FP (because the standby wait was usually short) may just start needing FP after all (standby waits no longer short for them).

But, as youi say, that is a discussion for a different thread (once FP+ rolls out in full). The limited testing probably isn't going to reveal any impact on standby waits for traditionally short-line attractions.

I was so excited to get the email but after trying to pick the days we had already planned to be at MK and DS it turned out to be a mess!

The dates I wanted were not available to me and some of the rides were also not available when I tried to click on them!

I ended up with jungle cruise and preferred viewing for parade. All before the MVMCP we will attend but hadn't planned on going before 4!

We have 2 families going and they can't get on the Disney site to try and get the same so will see, I told them to call Disney and try to do it.

I chose the Wishes preferred viewing as one of my selections and I know it says "Next to the Plaza Restaurant". Does that mean the patio down next to the water?

I'm betting there are going to be a number of Wishes Dessert party tickets opening up this week. :thumbsup2

So I would think that the testing for Fastpass+ is ready for Magic Kingdom and now they have moved to HS. Also to see how reserving at multiple parks goes.

My best guess would be another round of testing in February/March for AK/EP and then another in Apri/May for park that hasn't been tested yet.

Looks like the Fastpass+ system should be ready for full testing deployment in May/June, and then I would expect maybe the last set of tests with all features in September/October.

Disney is taking their time on this with all this testing plus getting all the resorts' keys switched over. I also think Disney will start testing the other features (some of which we don't know) during the spring/summer months.

Wouldn't surprise me if Disney tested the Fastpass all of 2013 for a full live deployment in 2014 to try and get all bugs ironed out if they can.

I just hope on my next trip we can be a test subject. I will have to make sure we are scheduled to use ME.

We arrive on the 15th, signed up for ME, but didn't get an email and none of our reservation numbers worked to log in. So i called and the CM said since we were getting there only the last day, we weren't eligible, even though I said we'd be willing to go over to MK that night for MSEP and Wishes (not the original plan). Bummed.

Wohoo! Got mine in the mail today!!!!!!:dance3:

Now to figure out what the heck I am doing!!!:yay::yay::yay::yay:

Finally got it with my resort reservation ID. THANKS SO MUCH to all who posted. We usually drive but are flying for a quick holiday weekend and these will really help get everything accomplished!!

Sigh.

I just entered mine and got the same message. I've been worried about the post grand opening crowds. Now I'll be starting most of our days with a big chunk of other folks ahead of us in the FP game..........

Are you staying in a value resort like me?

If these people are able to get regular fast passes AND use their special whatever passes for my Dec 8th-14th trip I am seriously going to complain. If there are so few people doing the test, I don't notice then fine, whatever Mickey. I just hope it doesn't change my wait times or availability of regular FP during certain times.

Does anyone else find it strange that FP+ is being tied to ME reservations, and not resort reservations?

If this is the plan going forward, then people who aren't taking ME will reserve a ride anyway, to get access to FP+

Unless, they plan to start charging for ME.... :eek:

FAQs from the FP+ website that are relevant to the discussion going on here:

When will I receive my FastPass+ cards?
Your Disney FastPass+ cards will be shipped to you via US Postal Service one week prior to your arrival. If they do not arrive by mail, please visit the Disneys Magical Express Welcome Center at the Orlando International Airport for assistance.

If Ive lost my Disney FastPass+ card(s), how can I get a replacement?
Upon arrival at Disneys Magical Express at the Welcome Center in Orlando International Airport, Cast Members will be available to provide you with a new Disney FastPass+ card. In addition, you can visit City Hall at Magic Kingdom® Park or Guest Relations at Disneys Hollywood Studios® once you arrive at the parks.

Can members of my party have different Disney FastPass+ selections?
Yes. Guests within the same reservation can select different Disney FastPass+ experiences, but they must all be on the same day.

Can I give my FastPass+ card to someone not in my travel party?
No, this offer and your FastPass+ cards are non transferable.

How do I redeem my Disney FastPass+ selections?
To redeem a Disney FastPass+ selection simply present your Disney FastPass+ card to the Cast Member at the Disney FastPass+ entrance of the attraction, show or entertainment offering during your arrival window.

Can I obtain standard FASTPASS tickets for Magic Kingdom® Park and Disneys Hollywood Studios® attractions if I am participating in the test?
Yes, Guests can acquire standard FASTPASS tickets for those attractions currently operating Disney FASTPASS service. The FastPass+ card is only valid for the date(s), times and experiences selected for the test.

boo hissss! We are there the 10th - 16. WHY weren't we picked? :( Is there ANY hope left? should I call? LOL

Not thrilled that the Swan and Dolphin are left out of this process. Does not bode well for the future. Up until now, those resorts have been grouped with Disney's for EMHs and most other perks. But FP+ doesn't seem as much as a "perk" as it is "the wave of the future". Will not sit well if Swan and Dolphin guests are lumped in with Kissimmee roadside hotel guests.

FAQs from the FP+ website that are relevant to the discussion going on here:

Thanks for posting these! I was wondering how folks who received an e-mail vs. real mail received the FP+ cards. Now I know we can just check at ME if we don't receive them ahead of time.

Are you staying in a value resort like me?

If these people are able to get regular fast passes AND use their special whatever passes for my Dec 8th-14th trip I am seriously going to complain. If there are so few people doing the test, I don't notice then fine, whatever Mickey. I just hope it doesn't change my wait times or availability of regular FP during certain times.

We're staying at AoA. And to top it off, our friends (also staying at AoA), with whom we will be touring the parks DID get chosen. So I guess when they to do their FP+ rides, we can sit and watch.

BOO!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter