Fast pass test and Magical Express...

My Fastpass+ options show Standby for Wishes, but is grayed out, and I can't select it.

This would be my first choice if available.
Does anyone know what area is reserved for Wishes?

so if I pick say space mtn and Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor. can I go back in and change my selections after? and pick 2 other rides?

mommycal said:
so if I pick say space mtn and Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor. can I go back in and change my selections after? and pick 2 other rides?

Yes. You can revise your picks until you use them.

boo hissss! We are there the 10th - 16. WHY weren't we picked? :( Is there ANY hope left? should I call? LOL

Mommycal - have you tried your reservation number on your yellow ME tags? That worked for my sister in-law today. Worth a shot!:stir:

I guess we didn't get the pixie dust either... Tried our ME number without any luck. I called and were told that we aren't eligible without the email. Boo!!! We are there from the 9th until the 12th. Oh well.....

Are you staying in a value resort like me?

If these people are able to get regular fast passes AND use their special whatever passes for my Dec 8th-14th trip I am seriously going to complain. If there are so few people doing the test, I don't notice then fine, whatever Mickey. I just hope it doesn't change my wait times or availability of regular FP during certain times.

We're also staying Dec. 8-14, but we're staying Deluxe... but still didn't get to participate in the trial, either.

Gotta admit -- I'm pretty bummed! Annoyed that we're going to be there the whole time of the trial but not get to participate.

Mommycal - have you tried your reservation number on your yellow ME tags? That worked for my sister in-law today. Worth a shot!:stir:

YES. thank you so much. It worked. Is that a glitch or we just haven't rec'd the invite yet?!? Almost seems too good to be true!!! But I did sign up.

What is everyone signing up for?????

Based on the OP's original post (below), I'm curious about a few things:

From Dec. 11-15, select Guests who are registered to use Disney’s Magical Express service will be offered the opportunity to go online to pre-select four Disney FastPass+ experiences at Magic Kingdom Park and three experiences at Disney’s Hollywood Studios Park. Guests eligible for this test will be notified via mail this week, at the mailing address on the booking. The mailing includes FastPass+ cards .

1.) It doesn't say you have to arrive from 12/11 - 12/15, it just says the test will be going on during those dates. It does say you have to be registered to use ME.
2.) It says the information will be coming via mail, not email.

I'm not sure if this is the exact message from Disney, but it definitely leaves questions out there. :confused3

I had friends who were there in September and they were selected, but it came via email. Needless to say, we will be there during that week and I hope it is open to us. We arrive on the 9th, so I'm hoping my interpretation of the message is correct. :santa:
I copied and paste straight from the email from Disney.....

Charleyann

YES. thank you so much. It worked. Is that a glitch or we just haven't rec'd the invite yet?!? Almost seems too good to be true!!! But I did sign up.

What is everyone signing up for?????

I haven't received an email either:badpc: what is everyone signing up for ?

Charleyann

My cards came in the mail today. I never got an email, just tried entering my confirmation number on the fastpass website. They are like credit cards and have our names on them already.

I got the email this morning - and when I got home tonight the actual Fast Pass cards (shaped like credit cards) where in the mail.

Went online, setup an account, and was able to pick 4 things to get Fast Passes for in the MK on one day, and 3 things for HS on another day.

Decided the best use of the MK FP's was to reserve preferred seating for two Parades (Mickeys and ELP in front of the castle) and Wishes (in an area near the Tomorrowland terrace).

Then reserved fast passes for another day in HS for TSM for 10-11a, ToT for 11a-noon, and Star Wars for noon-1p.

It's prettty cool how the website works and how you can adjust the times/events/attractions you've chosen.

The reason I decided not to "waste" the MK allotments on things like Space Mountain or Dumbo is because when we go it's not an issue getting fast passes for those things anyway. Last year, we went on SM something like 10 times in a row with no waiting. Figured I'd see what all this "preferred viewing" is like for the parades and Wishes.

The passes arrived in the mail today for us. Too bad we arrive in the afternoon of the 14th so we probably won't be able to take advantage as we didn't plan to go to MK or HS on the 15th.

Does anyone know where the FP+ seating for MSEP is? Wondering if we could stay for Wishes afterward.

poohj80 said:
Does anyone know where the FP+ seating for MSEP is? Wondering if we could stay for Wishes afterward.

FP+ seating for the afternoon parade is in front of Cinderella's castle. I'm not sure if its the same for MSEP or not.

The dates I wanted were not available to me and some of the rides were also not available when I tried to click on them!

I ended up with jungle cruise and preferred viewing for parade.

Anyone care to join me in predicting the future of "FP postings" here on the DISboards?

:sad1:
We arrive on Nov 30, then Dec 1, then again on Dec 9 (large party coming in at different times), staying until the 15th. Maybe if we go back to the airport and sign up for ME in the middle of our reservation ...?
:lmao:
~Not funny, because I would totally do this, lol. :rotfl: I hope something works out for you! :hug: I would *LOVE* to be picked for this!!! :goodvibes

I did not receive and email but I put in my reservation number and was able to get in. i was able to get Toy Story Mania on Dec 13th. That takes a load off my mind knowing that we won't have to get there early for Fastpasses for that ride.

Is the FP+ system linked to the park wide system or can I still get other FP during those windows?
~WOW! J.J., didn't you also win a trip last year or something, and now you get picked to test FastPass+?! pixiedust: Anyway to answer your question, from what I've read and based on past administered FP+ tests, you will be able to get other FP's! Participating in the FastPass+ trial will have no impact on your ability to acquire regular fastpasses as usual! That's a super nice bonus! Congrats on all that pixie dust! Have a fabulous trip! :dance3:

YESSSSSS!!!!!!

I got one too!!

Would have loved to have gotten a FP+ for Wishes or the Electrical Parade, but did get one for the regular parade and for Toy Story, which REALLY freed up our morning schedule one day!!!

HOORAY!!!!

Soooooo excited!

:)
Yay!!! That's so nice, thanks for sharing this! I'm very excited for you. Have a great trip!!! :yay:

I received my email this afternoon, logged in and made my reservations, super simple!
~That so awesome! I'm so glad to hear that this is simple! It sounds like a lot of fun, too! Have a great trip! :cheer2:

We got our invite today as well! Can't wait!!!!
~Yay! I'm so excited for you and all of the other lucky participants!!! :cool1:

Wohoo! Got mine in the mail today!!!!!!:dance3:

Now to figure out what the heck I am doing!!!:yay::yay::yay::yay:
~Wow! Congrats on the pixie dust!!! :cool1:

~I am just overwhelmed with all of the excitement in this thread! I'm so happy for all of the super fortunate people who got picked to test FP+! I would just *LOVE* to be chosen for something like this!!! Anyway, I hope everyone has a fabulous trip & I am looking forward to hearing the reviews! If this is anything like the last trial, the reviews should be great, if not better! I'm sure Disney is continuing to tweak FP+ with each test. Have fun!!!
party: party: party:

party-of-five said:
Ok... So I kept trying the res # on everything I had from Disney Travel with no luck. On a whim, I tried the res # on the yellow tags for ME. Voila, it worked! :cool1:

I never received an email from Disney saying we were selected, but after going thru the selection process, I received two emails saying I had a FP+ reservation. Hopefully I'll get the card in time,otherwise the FAQ said you can stop at the ME service counter at MCO.

FWIW... We arrive on 12/10, and leave on 12/15. No split stays, taking ME round trip.

As far as I can tell you seem to be in the pool if you are registered on DME in the window *in either direction*. We arrive on DME on the 3rd, switch resorts on the 11th and return in DME on the 15th. And I got cards in the mail yesterday for the second resort which only has return DME.

Actually I only got cards for one room. If the others don't arrive by tomorrow I'll pick them up at MK.

JennaDeeDooDah said:
We arrive on the 8th and leave on the 16th. We were selected. Because of this, I think it means that you have to be at WDW on the 11th, 12th, 13th, 14th, or 15th (some people selected were not there for all of those days) and be signed up to take Magical Express to and from the airport at some point (not necessarily those dates). If you meet this criteria, you might get selected to take part in Fast Pass+.

That's great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter