Fast pass test and Magical Express...

i was able to do the fast pass for the MK in september.

i had a reservation and was signed up for ME and recieved the email for that test date and park.

i received the email 8 days out from my arrival date.

hopefully, you will be picked!

Do they send to your email or to your travel agent ?

Thanks

Charleyann

i did my own booking so the email was sent to me.

if you used a TA, i would assume it would be sent to them, as they would be holding the reservation.
in turn, then forward to you?

Something that seems to be forgotten in the excitement of "who got invited" and such...

Toy Story Mania.

For the duration of this test, I wouldn't expect riding it or getting a normal FP to be easy or even possible.

Something that seems to be forgotten in the excitement of "who got invited" and such...

Toy Story Mania.

For the duration of this test, I wouldn't expect riding it or getting a normal FP to be easy or even possible.

Still waiting patiently for that magical email. Anybody get one today?

Charleyann:santa:

Bah, I hope this FP+ stuff doesn't get fully implemented before my trip in Jan/Feb. I like the benefits of being Disney savvy while at the parks....

Oh, we arrive via Magical Express the evening of the 11th and check out on the 16th, maybe we will be one of the selected guests! Would love an advance fast pass for Toy Story!

Based on the OP's original post (below), I'm curious about a few things:

From Dec. 11-15, select Guests who are registered to use Disney’s Magical Express service will be offered the opportunity to go online to pre-select four Disney FastPass+ experiences at Magic Kingdom Park and three experiences at Disney’s Hollywood Studios Park. Guests eligible for this test will be notified via mail this week, at the mailing address on the booking. The mailing includes FastPass+ cards .

1.) It doesn't say you have to arrive from 12/11 - 12/15, it just says the test will be going on during those dates. It does say you have to be registered to use ME.
2.) It says the information will be coming via mail, not email.

I'm not sure if this is the exact message from Disney, but it definitely leaves questions out there. :confused3

I had friends who were there in September and they were selected, but it came via email. Needless to say, we will be there during that week and I hope it is open to us. We arrive on the 9th, so I'm hoping my interpretation of the message is correct. :santa:

FWIW, the site fastpassplus.disney.go.com was put back up today. It wouldn't hurt to try and enter your reservation number.

I guess we can now say it is officially not a "rumor".

I just entered my reservation number and it worked!!!! No mail or email from Disney yet.

It is offering both MK and DHS, but only for the 14th and 15th. We leave on the 15th and were planning AK for the 14th. BUMMER!

czmom said:
I just entered my reservation number and it worked!!!! No mail or email from Disney yet.

It is offering both MK and DHS, but only for the 14th and 15th. We leave on the 15th and were planning AK for the 14th. BUMMER!

When do you check in?

We check in the 8th, and we have a split stay including DVC. Still worked! :thumbsup2

Ah, figured it out. I have 3 reservation numbers, 2 of which are linked together. The one that worked is a one night stay, December 14-15. We are using ME on the 15th to fly back home.

I got this about 20 minutes ago:
You have been chosen to participate in an invitation-only test that will allow you to select up to four FastPass+ experiences at Magic Kingdom® Park and up to three FastPass+ experiences at Disney's Hollywood Studios® before you arrive.
FastPass+ enables you to select your "must-do" rides, shows, and character meet and greets in advance, so you'll have more time to spend with your friends and family while you're here.

Just select your test date, between 12/11/2012 and 12/15/2012, and you'll be able to enjoy your favorite experiences with minimal wait.

Get started now!

I went on and picked my days for MK and HS.

MK offered 2 sets of choices.

First set has:
BTMRR
Buzz
Princess Meet and Greet
Enchanted Tales
Main Street Electrical Parade
Mickey Meet and Greet
Peter Pan
Space Mtn
Splash Mtn
Wishes

Second set has:
Celebrate a dream come true parade
dumbo
jungle cruise
haunted mansion
Philharmagic
Monsters Inc
Barnstormer
magic carpets
Winnie the Pooh
Little Mermaid

you can pick 2 options of each set and then then give you 4 choices of different times.

For HS, here are the 2 sets:

1st set:
Lights Motors Action
Aerosmith
Toy Story

2nd Set:
Disney Junior
Indiana Jones
Muppets
Star Tours
American Idol
Great Movie Ride
Little Mermaid
Tower of Terror

You again got to pick 2. They threw in a bonus one for the second set.

I found it very easy to use and kind of fun to pick out. I got excited to think about the trip. the times were also very close together, so you could easily go from one to the other, with little down time, so this avoids the waiting around in between that the fast pass system offers now. They said I will be getting cards in the mail.

Excited to see how this all works!

I am arriving on the 12th and just got the email also. It was very easy to use.. They offered 4 options for the attraction times that we chose. I chose one of the options and then was able to alter the times further to meet our needs. I hope I get them in the mail!

I did not receive and email but I put in my reservation number and was able to get in. i was able to get Toy Story Mania on Dec 13th. That takes a load off my mind knowing that we won't have to get there early for Fastpasses for that ride.

Is the FP+ system linked to the park wide system or can I still get other FP during those windows?

YESSSSSS!!!!!!

I got one too!!

Would have loved to have gotten a FP+ for Wishes or the Electrical Parade, but did get one for the regular parade and for Toy Story, which REALLY freed up our morning schedule one day!!!

HOORAY!!!!

Soooooo excited!

:)

I got it! Just made my choices but not sure if I made the right ones for Magic Kingdom, although I don't care because I got Toy Story Mania!!!

We arrive on the 8th and depart on the 14th. Tried entering my reservation number, but it didn't work. Too bad! I had really been hoping to take part in a FastPass Plus test on this trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter