Fast pass test and Magical Express...

We got a confirmation email but it doesn't say anything about mailing us anything. We leave in 12 days so maybe that's why? My DH is going to call them tomorrow to check.

Forgive me if I'm dense about this but... they will give us a FP+ card? Or will we get actual paper passes for each person in our party?

We got a confirmation email but it doesn't say anything about mailing us anything. We leave in 12 days so maybe that's why? My DH is going to call them tomorrow to check.

Forgive me if I'm dense about this but... they will give us a FP+ card? Or will we get actual paper passes for each person in our party?

Our confirmation didn't say anything either about how we get the cards. Please post back what your DH finds out! We leave in 9 days.

The email says they'll mail the cards approx 7 days before you arrive. But it also says if you forget the card, you can get a replacement when you get to the DME check in desk.

Also, you can still get regular FPs, like everyone else, even if you do FP+.

EDIT: Sorry, not the email. It said it on the confirmation screen, after I had chosen my FP+ choices.

So weird...our email doesn't say any of that...LOL! I will post back what my DH finds out. I'm excited to get a FB for Enchanted Tales with Belle!

The email says they'll mail the cards approx 7 days before you arrive. But it also says if you forget the card, you can get a replacement when you get to the DME check in desk.

Also, you can still get regular FPs, like everyone else, even if you do FP+.

I too received email today and picked our passes:yay . . . our trip is 11-18. It should be interesting! Have fun everyone!!!:yay::yay::yay:

For HS, here are the 2 sets:

1st set:
Lights Motors Action
Aerosmith
Toy Story

I laughed when I read these choices.

Lights Motors Action??? They seat people even after the show has started, and I've never heard of a full stadium for the show.

What exactly is a FP going to accomplish here?

Maybe some special preferred seating section?? Will be curious to know about this if anyone actually chooses this option.

So weird...our email doesn't say any of that...LOL! I will post back what my DH finds out. I'm excited to get a FB for Enchanted Tales with Belle!

Sorry, not the email. It said it on the confirmation screen, after I had chosen my FP+ choices.

Got this email and made our FP+ "reservation" times and rides selections! We are extremely excited to see how well FP+ will work and if it makes any difference to our vacation!

ooooh! We will be there then! arriving the 8th, but leaving the 15th. Does this only apply to guests arriving the 11th?

I would love to try this out!! :)

Ditto on the exact same dates! I guess one can wish. :)

We're there from the 13th-16th and I went to the fastpassplus site, entered my info and I keep getting an error message saying to make sure my reservation # matches my name. It does! I've entered it a million times. Guess you really do need to get the "chosen" email? waaaahhhhh!!

I guess I am one of the unlucky ones...

I didn't get an e-mail so I entered my info on that site for my dec 8th-dec 14th stay....

"Thank you for participating in the FastPass+ test. Please try again later. If you continue to encounter this message, you can seek further assistance at the Disney's Magical Express Welcome Center or at Guest Relations in the Magic Kingdom® Park or Disney's Hollywood Studios. "

Oh well. :confused3

Sigh.

I just entered mine and got the same message. I've been worried about the post grand opening crowds. Now I'll be starting most of our days with a big chunk of other folks ahead of us in the FP game..........

Lights Motors Action??? They seat people even after the show has started, and I've never heard of a full stadium for the show.

Maybe some special preferred seating section?? Will be curious to know about this if anyone actually chooses this option.

LMA has a long history with FP.
During its first couple of years, they used FP for all the performances.
The theater often filled to capacity, and guests were turned away.

That doesn't often happen anymore, though.
(I'd expect that it still might happen during Christmas Week, Easter Week, July 4, etc.)

As to how FP's are used at "show attractions..."

Guests with FP must show up (for example) by at least 15 minutes before show-time.
FP guests will be held in one large area.
Guests without FP will be held in another area.
FP guests will be allowed into the seating at (say) 15 minutes before show-time.
After FP guests are admitted, the general guests are released into the theater until all seats are filled.

----------------------

All that said-

They are in process of adding FP's at all of the parks to a TON of attractions that generally do not ever need a FP.
This will allow/cause unsuspecting guests to use some of their FP+ choices for attractions that would otherwise have a very short standby wait.

But that is an entirely other kind of discussion. ;)

Ok... So I kept trying the res # on everything I had from Disney Travel with no luck. On a whim, I tried the res # on the yellow tags for ME. Voila, it worked! :cool1:

I never received an email from Disney saying we were selected, but after going thru the selection process, I received two emails saying I had a FP+ reservation. Hopefully I'll get the card in time,otherwise the FAQ said you can stop at the ME service counter at MCO.

FWIW... We arrive on 12/10, and leave on 12/15. No split stays, taking ME round trip.

I am curious to know/see...

1). Can you still pull FP the old fashioned way if you are using FP+ on that day? The FAQ seemed to imply that you could, but it was a little vague in their answer.

2). Because FP+ reservation system assigns that FP+ time to everyone in your party, are those FP specific to each person or can someone else in the party use them? We have 4 children, 3 over 40", one who isn't. To minimize wait times, and because rider swap only allows 2 children back thru with the second parent, and now we have 3... I was planning on pulling FP for the attraction so that DH and 3 kiddos can ride using FP and when they are done,I can ride with 3 kiddos (2 with rider swap, 1 with FP (the baby's FP)). Can I still do this with FP+?

I am usually the one running for FP, so, I'm especially excited to give this a try.

They needed a choice left when all the TSMM and RnR spots were gone.

We are going 12/8-12/16 and were selected. So far, it's been a headache, but I'm looking forward to seeing how it works in the parks. We are going with a large group that has been broken up into 3 smaller groups for reservations. My husband, daughter, and I are on one reservation. My mom, dad, and sister are on another reservation. My grandmother and grandfather are on the third. It wasn't much fun trying to coordinate it so we could all have the same fast passes (my grandparents don't want to be separated from the group at any time). We managed to decide which rides we all would be able to ride and get fast passes for, but coordinating times was a little more difficult. Not that any of this is Disney's fault. We are the ones with the difficult demands. We finally decided to stick together at MK, but I convinced my grandparents that we could split up at DHS. I got them fast passes for the shows while the rest of us go on rides. I will drop them off at a show, go on the ride, and then go pick them up once my ride and their show is over.

From Disney;

From Dec. 11-15, select Guests who are registered to use Disney’s Magical Express service will be offered the opportunity to go online to pre-select four Disney FastPass+ experiences at Magic Kingdom Park and three experiences at Disney’s Hollywood Studios Park. Guests eligible for this test will be notified via mail this week, at the mailing address on the booking. The mailing includes FastPass+ cards .

:santa:

I don't understand what this means?

HELP?

I don't understand what this means?

HELP?

We arrive on the 8th and leave on the 16th. We were selected. Because of this, I think it means that you have to be at WDW on the 11th, 12th, 13th, 14th, or 15th (some people selected were not there for all of those days) and be signed up to take Magical Express to and from the airport at some point (not necessarily those dates). If you meet this criteria, you might get selected to take part in Fast Pass+.

We arrive on the 8th and leave on the 16th. We were selected. Because of this, I think it means that you have to be at WDW on the 11th, 12th, 13th, 14th, or 15th (some people selected were not there for all of those days) and be signed up to take Magical Express to and from the airport at some point (not necessarily those dates). If you meet this criteria, you might get selected to take part in Fast Pass+.

I do but for in Feb..............

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter