Fast Pass changing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JodyTG

A new pair of shoes can change your life.
Hi all...

A friend just got back from WDW and said that a CM mentioned to them that management was considering changing the Fast Pass use to onsite guests only. Is this just a wild rumor or something that is acutally in the works? I personally think it would be a great idea.

Hmm...FastPass for resort guests only. It has a nice ring to it but I can't see that it would ever happen...

As an onsite guest, it works fine for me. I suspect people who stay offsite won't be thrilled though.

IMO it will never fly. The backlash will cost them more money. It would not make me more inclined to stay onsite, it would make me more inclined to go less. Its not broke, so I dont think they are going to try and fix it.

Looking at this from a different perspective: Maybe it would hurt their annual passholder numbers:

I say this because I have an annual pass and dont get to take off of work to go to Disney, so many times the only way I can enjoy the park is a couple of hours at a time. If they took this feature away I would basically be being told that I am not as welcomed anymore as someone who lives near Disney and pours money into it year around, every year.

I dont like it and think that it is fine the way it is. Lines will be SO SO long if they were to do this.

I think this would be fantastic. Don't they do this now at Universal with their front of the line pass?

The logic would be crazy- You would have to pay more to stay onsite so you are forced to stay for a shorter amount of time but your wait time for rides is shorter...

civileng68 said:
Looking at this from a different perspective: Maybe it would hurt their annual passholder numbers:

I say this because I have an annual pass and dont get to take off of work to go to Disney, so many times the only way I can enjoy the park is a couple of hours at a time. If they took this feature away I would basically be being told that I am not as welcomed anymore as someone who lives near Disney and pours money into it year around, every year.

I dont like it and think that it is fine the way it is. Lines will be SO SO long if they were to do this.
I bet they would make allowances for AP holders and possibly those with Florida resident tickets.....

civileng68 said:

I wholeheartedly agree. In the future, I will probably be taking many day trips to WDW as I will be living much closer. Now if they wanted to make it that only AP holders and resort guests can use Fastpass, I'm okay with that. They would really alienate the local residents who visit and spend a great deal of money over their many visits each year.

hummm....I don't know if it is true or not, I wish someone "in the know" could tell us!

When it is a busy time of year, sometimes those fast passes are gone by noon! It would be a nice perk for those that pay extra to stay on site. I think that Universal does this already.... But they started off that way, I would think it would be hard to take something away at this point.

There you go - penalize the locals that buy annual passes and visit the parks all year round... I just can't see that as a good idea - and that's from someone who would not go to WDW if I couldn't stay onsite.

PrinceJohn said:
There you go - penalize the locals that buy annual passes and visit the parks all year round... I just can't see that as a good idea - and that's from someone who would not go to WDW if I couldn't stay onsite.

Exactly! Remember, not all of the large portions are money are made at the gate, but rather IN the parks. If they were to do this, they would see a significant reduction in locals in the parks during the slower times of year especially when locals are more depended on.

Trust me: This wont happen in the form in which is was addressed in the first post.

Good grief! How selfish can people get? "As long as I get one...screw everyone else?"

that would be FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Unless you are off site in which case it would suck. But that is how Universal is... there are "express" tickets for people staying at the Universal Hotels - and then if other non resort guests want an "express" ticket it is extra $ for each day they want the upgrade

WolfpackFan said:
I think this would be fantastic. Don't they do this now at Universal with their front of the line pass?
Yep it is how Universal does their tickets - "express tickets" for all resort guests.. and the ability for non resort guests to pay a surcharge for the same "express" feature.

I think it is a great idea - because lets face it... at disney first you buy your ticket... then once inside you have to get even more tickets? ... and the tickets are then restricted? and tell you when you must be there and when you are permitted to get another fast pass?

Personally, I like the fast pass idea a lot as well as EMH and E-ride nights etc... but there has got to be a better system than fast pass

Universal's works out well

nataliesdaddy said:
that would be FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Unless you are off site in which case it would suck. But that is how Universal is... there are "express" tickets for people staying at the Universal Hotels - and then if other non resort guests want an "express" ticket it is extra $ for each day they want the upgrade

I don't think that's completely correct. US has FOTL access for on site guests, but they also have an express ticket for off site guests. They also have an Express Plus ticket that can be purchased.

As an off site "dweller", I'd be less likely to visit WDW if they only people they consider worthy are those who stay on site. Aren't EMH enough?

There is nothing wrong with Disney giving it's onsite guests more perks. After all we are paying for our tickets, food & souveniers like everyone else. But as onsite guests we are also paying Disney for our stay.

I love the idea of the EMH for onsite guests. I would love an express pass for onsite guests only. I think it is great if Disney wants to give us onsite guests a few extra perks.

Universal gives their onsite guests special front of the line passes. So why would Disney be wrong to do it when it is done by other theme parks & is working great?

I think Disney should keep some form of fast pass for everyone, but I would love to see an onsite guests only pass for front of the lines or something like that. After all you can only have one fast pass at a time & sometimes those are HOURS out.

I don't see it happening. If it did happen, there would have to be an exception for FL residents and passholders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter