Fantasy Server?

We requested Ashang for our upcoming June 2017 cruise as we have had him twice before. We are hoping he will be on. Wondering if he mentioned it to you? Thanks.

He is taking his break in April, so he should be back on in time for your cruise, but I confess that he did not give us the precise timing of his return. He also mentioned that he is getting requested a lot lately, and sometimes cannot accommodate everyone.

He is taking his break in April, so he should be back on in time for your cruise, but I confess that he did not give us the precise timing of his return. He also mentioned that he is getting requested a lot lately, and sometimes cannot accommodate everyone.

Wow... fingers crossed. My kids love him.

Ningreishang "Ashang" Kangoo from India. Hardest working man in showbiz. We have had him three times now, and will ask for him again the next time we sail on the Fantasy.

We just got off the Fantasy this past Saturday, and Joel was assistant server to Ashang.

Joel and Ashang were our servers on the Fantasy this past January - LOVED THEM!!!! Would absolutely request them next time we are on the Fantasy!!!

We are on the same cruise! How do you find out who your server is?

I don't believe you can find out until you board the ship. Once you are on, you can go to any of the three MDRs or the Palo/Remy desk and they can tell you.

When do you all make your requests? Ahead of time or once you board the ship? If I'm requesting to be in AP on Pirate night is it a bad idea to also put in a request for a serving team. OP, sorry to bump in on your thread, but figured this was a good place to ask. We are sailing on the Fantasy for the first time in February 2018. Only a short 353 days away-haha!

Thanks!
Kelly

When do you all make your requests? Ahead of time or once you board the ship? If I'm requesting to be in AP on Pirate night is it a bad idea to also put in a request for a serving team. OP, sorry to bump in on your thread, but figured this was a good place to ask. We are sailing on the Fantasy for the first time in February 2018. Only a short 353 days away-haha!

Thanks!
Kelly

I email dcl.reservations@disneycruise.com and ask for Ashang as soon as I book the trip. I would not wait until you board; by that time, the dining assignments have already been made, and it might be too late for them to make a switch.

The only time I have not gotten Ashang was when I combined a server request with a rotation request. Perhaps it was just a coincidence, but the feedback I have gotten around here is that combining a server request with a rotation request is tricky because the requests may not be compatible. In that case, DCL might default to giving you the least-preferred of the two requests (i.e., give you the rotation when you would have much preferred the server, or vice versa).

The suggestions here were either a.) stick to just one request; or 2.) make the multiple requests, but make it crystal clear in your email which request takes priority over the other. Oh, and don't make your requests too intricate or complicated, or DCL might ignore them altogether.

We love Krasimir from Bulgaria, but oftentimes he's working as a head server. Our last main and assistant servers in November were Roque (India) and Ricardo (Portugal). Cedomir was our head server. All three made the perfect team. Cedomir is Kamisha's (Concierge host. She's legendary.) husband. Our other favorite head server is Rui from Portugal. He's awesome as well.

I email dcl.reservations@disneycruise.com and ask for Ashang as soon as I book the trip. I would not wait until you board; by that time, the dining assignments have already been made, and it might be too late for them to make a switch.

The only time I have not gotten Ashang was when I combined a server request with a rotation request. Perhaps it was just a coincidence, but the feedback I have gotten around here is that combining a server request with a rotation request is tricky because the requests may not be compatible. In that case, DCL might default to giving you the least-preferred of the two requests (i.e., give you the rotation when you would have much preferred the server, or vice versa).

The suggestions here were either a.) stick to just one request; or 2.) make the multiple requests, but make it crystal clear in your email which request takes priority over the other. Oh, and don't make your requests too intricate or complicated, or DCL might ignore them altogether.

Thank you so much for taking the time to answer my question and for sharing your experiences! I think I'll go ahead with my request for AP on Pirate night and then keep my fingers crossed for a great serving team. We weren't thrilled with our servers on our first cruise last month so are hopeful for the second time around! :)

We love Krasimir from Bulgaria, but oftentimes he's working as a head server. Our last main and assistant servers in November were Roque (India) and Ricardo (Portugal). Cedomir was our head server. All three made the perfect team. Cedomir is Kamisha's (Concierge host. She's legendary.) husband. Our other favorite head server is Rui from Portugal. He's awesome as well.

Krasimir is amazing. But yes, he's been head server the last two times we were on the Fantasy (Feb '16 and '17).

My understanding is that Leandro has moved up to Remy, sorry! We have had him 3 times, and last time (this February) he got the call that he's movin' on up.
No surprise there. He was awesome! I actually don't request servers but he was a great one

Just got off Fantasy. Took @CamColt Recomendation and requested Sheree - the best! Her assistant Leon from DR was a nice compliment to her silliness

Taught my son magic during dinners, games, brain teasers...oh and great food and service for the family.

Great Recommendation.

Just got off Fantasy. Took @CamColt Recomendation and requested Sheree - the best! Her assistant Leon from DR was a nice compliment to her silliness

Taught my son magic during dinners, games, brain teasers...oh and great food and service for the family.

Great Recommendation.

That is great to hear she is still there! Isn't she just a bundle of energy? Even with older kids now she still makes us all laugh. We will be requesting her for our summer cruise. She didn't happen to mention any planned time off coming up did she? I'm hoping we don't miss her.

That is great to hear she is still there! Isn't she just a bundle of energy? Even with older kids now she still makes us all laugh. We will be requesting her for our summer cruise. She didn't happen to mention any planned time off coming up did she? I'm hoping we don't miss her.
You know, we didn't even think to ask. About 3 nights in she says to me "did you have me before? you requested me." I told her I read the boards and saw that she was recommended...which I think she took as a great compliment. She was so fun. "Thank you, Thank you more, Thank you most" was a common theme :). One night when my wife and I couldn't do dinner because of a Palo dinner at the same time. She invited the kids to come dine with her anyway at our normal restaurant that night...they did and when they arrived the table was set for 2, with crayon tricks already laid out on the table, puzzles etc and she made them get a protein to share along with their usual kids meals. On our last night we mentioned an early flight, she said "come and eat, order now for tomorrow and when you get here I'll have everything ready"...as we approached the table at 7:55am that morning, out came coffee, drinks, and breakfast practically before we were fully seated".

Special requests more times than not were accommodated. Kiat on the Dream was pretty amazing, but when you spend a week with someone like we did with Sheree and Leon man, they really make an impact on your experience.

You know, we didn't even think to ask. About 3 nights in she says to me "did you have me before? you requested me." I told her I read the boards and saw that she was recommended...which I think she took as a great compliment. She was so fun. "Thank you, Thank you more, Thank you most" was a common theme :). One night when my wife and I couldn't do dinner because of a Palo dinner at the same time. She invited the kids to come dine with her anyway at our normal restaurant that night...they did and when they arrived the table was set for 2, with crayon tricks already laid out on the table, puzzles etc and she made them get a protein to share along with their usual kids meals. On our last night we mentioned an early flight, she said "come and eat, order now for tomorrow and when you get here I'll have everything ready"...as we approached the table at 7:55am that morning, out came coffee, drinks, and breakfast practically before we were fully seated".

Special requests more times than not were accommodated. Kiat on the Dream was pretty amazing, but when you spend a week with someone like we did with Sheree and Leon man, they really make an impact on your experience.

I can just hear her, "Thank you madame!". What a nice flashback. :) It's great to hear you enjoyed...sounds perfect!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter