Fantasy May 2017 Dry Dock information available now

Interesting. Isn't there one of the Midship Detective pictures inside the Vista Gallery? Are they going to move this? I don't think Tiffany wants loads of kids walking through searching for clues.

They've also made changes to the My Online Check in - in Youth Activity Registration and with the ability to electronically sign the Cruise Contract.

They've also made changes to the My Online Check in - in Youth Activity Registration and with the ability to electronically sign the Cruise Contract.

This is fleet-wide and nothing to do with the Fantasy drydock, which is the focus of this topic.

I'm confused about shutters digital. Does this mean they are not printing any pictures? On the Dream they had both albums and the kiosks.

I'm confused about shutters digital. Does this mean they are not printing any pictures? On the Dream they had both albums and the kiosks.

If I remember correctly, there was always an area (with white walls) close to the Vista Gallery that had kiosks and there it said something like Shutters Digital on the walls. I am wondering however, since the Wonder went to all digital and no prints during the dry dock, whether the same change will come to the Fantasy.

If I remember correctly, there was always an area (with white walls) close to the Vista Gallery that had kiosks and there it said something like Shutters Digital on the walls. I am wondering however, since the Wonder went to all digital and no prints during the dry dock, whether the same change will come to the Fantasy.
Exactly. Thanks for wording that better than I did.

What???? I thought DCL didn't nickel and dime us

Lets hope they don't get carried away with this. Other Cruise lines do it, BUT the cost of other Cruise Lines is less than DCL. So, common business practice, they need to make up somewhere. I love the fact that Disney doesn't Nickel and Dime me to death. BUT, Disney is always looking for a way to extract a few additional dollars from all of us. So, if these additional/up-charge options are successful (ie...people actually pay for it) they will look for other area's to do the same. We still have the option of the free ice cream, which for us is just fine, so they're not taking anything away........yet...... If people "VOTE" with their pocket book, Disney will act accordingly. That being said, the danger is they remove the "Free" option, which would then force everyone to the paid option. :(

the Gallery will be moved to Deck 2 to the area where the staircase sits near Enchanted Garden.

I think this will be a good location for the Gallery. Allows people to browse while waiting to get in the EG. :thumbsup2

Lets hope they don't get carried away with this. Other Cruise lines do it, BUT the cost of other Cruise Lines is less than DCL. So, common business practice, they need to make up somewhere. I love the fact that Disney doesn't Nickel and Dime me to death. BUT, Disney is always looking for a way to extract a few additional dollars from all of us. So, if these additional/up-charge options are successful (ie...people actually pay for it) they will look for other area's to do the same. We still have the option of the free ice cream, which for us is just fine, so they're not taking anything away........yet...... If people "VOTE" with their pocket book, Disney will act accordingly. That being said, the danger is they remove the "Free" option, which would then force everyone to the paid option. :(

Other cruise lines have more upcharge options such as ice cream while still offering the included options. I wouldn't expect Disney to eliminate the included (not "free" because you pay for it in your cruise fare) options.

More options, for-charge or included, are always a plus in my book. Let me decide what I'd like to have. ;)

[...]
More options, for-charge or included, are always a plus in my book. Let me decide what I'd like to have. ;)

I agree. Besides, I am not sure it would even be practical to give away premium ice cream for free: the lines would be so long that it would end up detracting from the overall cruise experience. If that's the alternative, I definitely like the new solution better.

Some families spend their money on alcohol. Our family will spend money on the ice cream. I still don't feel this is a nickel and dime ship. We tried Carnival last year and felt that there. If we wanted a steak in the main dining room there was a charge. If you wanted a soda there was a charge.
The steak analogy is not correct, they have a basic steak in the MDR that is included, just like DCL. The upcharge steaks are for the very fine quality Steak House steaks available from their steakhouses. I left our Carnival cruise with a $108 bill at the end, that was for a couple non-alcoholic fruity drinks and bingo, just like when I leave a Disney ship.

I buy drinks and ice cream and upgrade my steak on Carnival and NCL, and a still spend a couple thousand less then I would on a DCL cruise. My NCL Baltic cruise is 6000 less then DCL and I get free drinks and free specialty restaurants. I love DCL and will continue to sail on DCL. I know when I sail DCL I'm paying a premium for the Disney experience, and that's ok. I don't try to justify it by convincing myself that I'm getting a deal with the free soda.

Other cruise lines have more upcharge options such as ice cream while still offering the included options. I wouldn't expect Disney to eliminate the included (not "free" because you pay for it in your cruise fare) options.

Can't think of any cruiseline I've sailed that doesn't have free soft-serve, although 'real' ice cream is often an for-fee option.

I buy drinks and ice cream and upgrade my steak on Carnival and NCL, and a still spend a couple thousand less then I would on a DCL cruise. My NCL Baltic cruise is 6000 less then DCL and I get free drinks and free specialty restaurants. I love DCL and will continue to sail on DCL. I know when I sail DCL I'm paying a premium for the Disney experience, and that's ok. I don't try to justify it by convincing myself that I'm getting a deal with the free soda.

I don't book DCL for the itinerary or cabin, i do it for the experience. Thusly a short cruise, combined with a WDW vacation (where i have APH, usually DVC prepaid) is reasonable enough overall to fill a week's vacation.

Easily, i can book 2 - 3 cruises on another line for the same amount of $, especially when booking military rates which are much more liberal.

When i sail Celebrity I've enjoyed free adult-drink pkgs but the price is obviously built into the fare (albeit at a discounted price vs comparable saiing on RCCL plus purchasing their drink pkg.)

I was taken aback when deciding upon a spring cruise next year to discover that NCL now slips in the gratuity on the 'free' drink cruises, negates the value $ wise in my mind. Went with Oasis and adding on a week @ U/WDW.

The lines are going to charge what the market will bear, I'm just happy to be able to experience the Fantasy via my short cruise after the dry dock and be among the first to enjoy the enhancements:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter