Fantasy May 2017 Dry Dock information available now

Can't think of any cruiseline I've sailed that doesn't have free soft-serve, although 'real' ice cream is often an for-fee option.

I don't book DCL for the itinerary or cabin, i do it for the experience. Thusly a short cruise, combined with a WDW vacation (where i have APH, usually DVC prepaid) is reasonable enough overall to fill a week's vacation.

Easily, i can book 2 - 3 cruises on another line for the same amount of $, especially when booking military rates which are much more liberal.

When i sail Celebrity I've enjoyed free adult-drink pkgs but the price is obviously built into the fare (albeit at a discounted price vs comparable saiing on RCCL plus purchasing their drink pkg.)

I was taken aback when deciding upon a spring cruise next year to discover that NCL now slips in the gratuity on the 'free' drink cruises, negates the value $ wise in my mind. Went with Oasis and adding on a week @ U/WDW.

The lines are going to charge what the market will bear, I'm just happy to be able to experience the Fantasy via my short cruise after the dry dock and be among the first to enjoy the enhancements:)
If NCL didn't ask you to prepay the gratuity's wouldn't you tip them anyway? Or do you not tip? I always tip bartenders so I don't mind prepaying the tips.

If NCL didn't ask you to prepay the gratuity's wouldn't you tip them anyway? Or do you not tip? I always tip bartenders so I don't mind prepaying the tips.

Plain & simple fact: Tipping is expected in the US to those in the service industry. Majority of folks tip more for exemplary service i.e. Few bucks a round of drinks even if gratuties are prepaid.

Last I sailed Celebrity, they includedthe tips with the stated package whether you purchased the alchohol pkg outright or it's a free promotion from the line or TA. It was not listed as a line item on your price quote as NCL does for sailings when they state 'free' drinks. IMO it's a bait & switch. At least you find out before you book.

Since you pointedly asked me if I tip o_O...

DH & I both moonlighted as bartenders long ago. From working in the trenches, we are most definitely over-tippers, as most are who toiled in the service industry.

Just got off the Fantasy 4/1 and the bartender at O'Gills said they're adding 10 more beer taps to the bar, currently 4.

True. Also just got off the Fantasy 4/1 and Vlada, the bartender up at Cove Bar (and other places) said the same. That's good as the selection was tight throughout the ship for taps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter