Fantasmic Thread!

The whole point is to save time w t f
For you it may be to save time. For me, it is to guarantee a seat for the show.

I view WOC dessert package the same way. I don't think it saves time. I have to arrive early to wait in line to choose a table. Then arrive early to receive my dessert. But it guarantees me a seat for the show at the time that I want.

For you it may be to save time. For me, it is to guarantee a seat for the show.

I view WOC dessert package the same way. I don't think it saves time. I have to arrive early to wait in line to choose a table. Then arrive early to receive my dessert. But it guarantees me a seat for the show at the time that I want.
Did you get a sense for those with dining packages that arrived closer to the start of the show how their seats were? Were they asked to stand or was there still enough seating for them (and did you get a sense of if the view was still OK?)

Anyone do RBT Premium Dining package? Curious to know how obstructed the views are. Are the people in front of you sitting or standing? I know the terrain is sloped: but is it enough? Lastly, do people stay at their tables or do they all crowd up to the front to watch? OK, lastly, when do start getting in line for early show premium dining package.

Thanks, just wondering if it is truly worth it:
We did it a few years ago. The view is not as good as some of the other dining packages because it's farther away, but we were happy with it, mainly because we didn't have to arrive super early and it was nice to just be able to stay in our seats. We stayed in our seats the whole time, including during the show, but our table was right up front next to the rail. I don't recall what others did, but I can say that no one in the restaurant obstructed our view. The only obstruction would have been caused by people walking in front of the restaurant, and there were a lot of CMs on hand to keep those people moving along; no one was allowed to stop. I don't remember being upset by the people walking on the path, although I think I've read reviews from others who felt differently.

I'm pretty sure we arrived a little early to our reservation in an effort to be one of the first group seated so we would have one of the front tables, but I don't think we arrived super early.

Did you get a sense for those with dining packages that arrived closer to the start of the show how their seats were? Were they asked to stand or was there still enough seating for them (and did you get a sense of if the view was still OK?)
Folks who arrived sooner were at the front. They make everyone squish together so honestly I don't know how much of an advantage getting super early is- but coming super close to show times will put you in the back and the very back row stands.

Folks who arrived sooner were at the front. They make everyone squish together so honestly I don't know how much of an advantage getting super early is- but coming super close to show times will put you in the back and the very back row stands.
I wonder why they made the back row stand last night. I’ve never seen that before. I’ve been in the very back and never had to stand.

I wonder why they made the back row stand last night. I’ve never seen that before. I’ve been in the very back and never had to stand.
They had green tape in the back and if you were in from of it you could sit, but behind had to stand. Tho I kinda like it because there are folks who due to issues prefer to stand and folks naturally shuffled and I don't think anyone who wanted to sit had to stand

Anyone do RBT Premium Dining package? Curious to know how obstructed the views are. Are the people in front of you sitting or standing? I know the terrain is sloped: but is it enough? Lastly, do people stay at their tables or do they all crowd up to the front to watch? OK, lastly, when do start getting in line for early show premium dining package.

Thanks, just wondering if it is truly worth it:
I'm also wondering about these details! Also if anyone took a picture of the menu for the RBT Premium dining package I'd love to see it. I have some specific food requirements and the menu listed on the disney dining page isn't very specific. Thank you!

They had green tape in the back and if you were in from of it you could sit, but behind had to stand. Tho I kinda like it because there are folks who due to issues prefer to stand and folks naturally shuffled and I don't think anyone who wanted to sit had to stand
What would work for me would be to sit on the low brick wall at the back of the section. Do you know whether that's allowed?

I was wondering this too. Did they maybe dispose of the croc after the show was updated in 2017?
Sure, because there was no "Peter Pan" sequence, therefore no need for a crocodile.

Edited to add: Oh, did you mean "dispose of" it permanently, not just take it out of the show? Seems unlikely, although depending on when they last built or refurbished the croc, they might need a new one now.

Last edited:
So the back row is also the ECV/wheelchair area, right? Were they standing next to the ECV people?

Here is a video FreshBaked did from last night. It includes an edited version of the show. What I want to know is WHO gets to sit in those seats set up on the left hand side ? I assume VIP's. I am pretty sure this is where the dessert package used to sit.

It's 745 and the Fantasmic area is Slammed. I'm sure this is opening night. However checking into dinning package was super easy. I grabbed a food order at 730, checked in with my ticket and walked right to the Riverbelle area. I'm all the way to the left of the Riverbelle roped area which is right next to BB ares which is front and center. So excited! The standby areas are full full full and CMS are walking around telling anyone who is sitting in standby areas to stand up- even with the show still 90 mins away.
Were you able to find out what time the line actually opened? Glad you got a great spot. Thanks for sharing your experience!

Last edited:
Here is a video FreshBaked did from last night. It includes an edited version of the show. What I want to know is WHO gets to sit in those seats set up on the left hand side ? I assume VIP's. I am pretty sure this is where the dessert package used to sit.
Are you talking about the seats at Harbour Galley, next to where the dining packages lined up? If so, that is for people with disabilities. I don't know what qualifies for a disability, but we saw families with children in pretty elaborate wheelchairs.
Is check in for all 3 dining packages still in the same place (near Harbor Galley)? Are there signs? Thanks for sharing your experience!
Check in is at the same place. Yesterday there were no signs. I am going to guess that they will have a CM there, tape on the ground or something to make it easier to find in the upcoming days.

So the back row is also the ECV/wheelchair area, right? Were they standing next to the ECV people?
There were not very many ECVs in our section. I think they have had guests who couldn't sit on the hard ground for very long. They announced several times that if you had difficulty sitting and needed to stand, to make your way to the back of the section. That's probably why they had the green tape - so that people who needed to stand had a designated viewing area.
What would work for me would be to sit on the low brick wall at the back of the section. Do you know whether that's allowed?
No, the section doesn't go all the way to the wall. There is a roped off walk way across the back of the dining sections and in between each dining section. Regular guests aren't walking there, but if someone needs to leave to go to the restroom or if there is an emergency, they need access for emergency crews to get to those areas.
The view from the back is still okay. It is more difficult to take pictures or video. If you are sitting behind a tall person, you might need to lean to see around them for certain sections of the show. If you don't care about that then arrive late, sit in the back, take it all in, and enjoy.

To be clear, no one was forced to stand. There are people who have back problems and can't sit for the entire show. The area in the back is for them. They announced it several times to people who were seated.

Personally, I go to the parks weekly so it isn't like I need to do and see everything. Getting good seats for Fantasmic was a priority for us yesterday. We arrived early, waited in line and got seats in the front. I understand someone who is in town for a limited time not wanting to line up early. That is reasonable. @katyringo and I are sharing this info so that people know what to expect whether they decide to arrive early or late.

Were you able to find out what time the line actually opened? Glad you got a great spot. Thanks for sharing your experience!
The line didn't actually open. There were not cast members there to open the line. The line started forming around 5:00 yesterday. These were mostly MK holders who came to the park to see Fantasmic.

When it was time to walk down, a cast member approached the line that developed on its own and instructed people how to line up (RB against the planter, BB in the middle and Z next to the fence). Immediately after that, they started walking people down.

There was one website that had a large crew in the very front of the line. One person stood there the whole time and then a dozen people joined them just before we walked to our seats. The rest of the line was not too happy with that group. I'm usually pretty tolerant of influencers, but that particular group struck me as entitled and arrogant.

Are you talking about the seats at Harbour Galley, next to where the dining packages lined up? If so, that is for people with disabilities. I don't know what qualifies for a disability, but we saw families with children in pretty elaborate wheelchairs.

Check in is at the same place. Yesterday there were no signs. I am going to guess that they will have a CM there, tape on the ground or something to make it easier to find in the upcoming days.

There were not very many ECVs in our section. I think they have had guests who couldn't sit on the hard ground for very long. They announced several times that if you had difficulty sitting and needed to stand, to make your way to the back of the section. That's probably why they had the green tape - so that people who needed to stand had a designated viewing area.

No, the section doesn't go all the way to the wall. There is a roped off walk way across the back of the dining sections and in between each dining section. Regular guests aren't walking there, but if someone needs to leave to go to the restroom or if there is an emergency, they need access for emergency crews to get to those areas.

The view from the back is still okay. It is more difficult to take pictures or video. If you are sitting behind a tall person, you might need to lean to see around them for certain sections of the show. If you don't care about that then arrive late, sit in the back, take it all in, and enjoy.

To be clear, no one was forced to stand. There are people who have back problems and can't sit for the entire show. The area in the back is for them. They announced it several times to people who were seated.

Personally, I go to the parks weekly so it isn't like I need to do and see everything. Getting good seats for Fantasmic was a priority for us yesterday. We arrived early, waited in line and got seats in the front. I understand someone who is in town for a limited time not wanting to line up early. That is reasonable. @katyringo and I are sharing this info so that people know what to expect whether they decide to arrive early or late.
Thank you for the detailed report!

Okay, thanks. I guess the brick wall I saw in the photos was just the thin edge of the raised planter. I thought it was wide enough to sit on.

Okay, thanks. I guess the brick wall I saw in the photos was just the thin edge of the raised planter. I thought it was wide enough to sit on.
Look at this zoomed in photo of the Blue Bayou dining area. Behind the woman in the blue cap, you can see a man with a trash can. He is walking through the roped off walk way. On the other side of the walk way is the wall you are talking about. Is that correct? If so, people can't sit behind the rope where the woman in the blue cap is standing. Her red blanket is pretty much at the end of the area where people are allowed to sit.

1716700912408.png

By the way, that man with the trash can was awesome. He kept walking up and down in between the groups asking if anyone had anything to throw away. He was super nice.

Tomorrow I am going to try seeing castle fireworks and then heading to 2nd showing Fantasmic. I have a rancho dinning package for second show (I had first but did some refreshing and got second).

My only concern is the crowds and getting to ROA. I'm okay with checking in late..

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter