Fantasmic Thread!

People there during the day.....was it not crowded?

Because the lines to get into parking around 5 PM is insane....and unless they let in more people just not sure ho this night seemed to busy....yet capacity in theory hasn't changed

Because the lines to get into parking around 5 PM is insane....and unless they let in more people just not sure ho this night seemed to busy....yet capacity in theory hasn't changed
It wasn't very crowded or busy until evening time and then it got crowded super fast!

It wasn't very crowded or busy until evening time and then it got crowded super fast!
It's always crazy around ROA when Fantasmic is showing. Even worse with HM construction and it being the first night and a holiday weekend.

As much as I enjoy the show, I also like when it's not showing and the ROA are peaceful at night!

Im worried about the crowds leaving F!, I get very claustrophobic around big crowds pushing their way toward the exit. Do you think it would be possible for someone to hold their spot and stay put for a bit until some of the crowds cleared out or were CM’s shooing people out after the first show?

Lots of movement on the dinning package page for this weekend! I booked BB then changed my mind because I didn't want to spend $100.. but refreshing I picked up a rancho...
Please report back about your Rancho experience. We booked River Belle standard viewing, but I wouldn’t mind switching to Rancho to save some money.

Im worried about the crowds leaving F!, I get very claustrophobic around big crowds pushing their way toward the exit. Do you think it would be possible for someone to hold their spot and stay put for a bit until some of the crowds cleared out or were CM’s shooing people out after the first show?

Ive done Fantasmic dining packages many times. For you I would advise going to the first show, and being as close to the railings as possible. This way, after Fantasmic you can stand up, lean against the railings and watch the fireworks and projections.

Being at the railings for the fireworks means you are at the back of the Fantasmic crowd. You can turn around, and watch the crowd disperse. The cms will be shooing people out of the viewing areas, as the crowd for the second show will be waiting to get in, but by being at the end of the first show crowd, the main crush of people will have dispersed.

Were you able to stay in your spot to watch the fireworks? Did they show the projections on the mist screens?
Yes. They announced several times (and had the guests repeat en masse) that you must sit for Fantasmic and stand for fireworks. They announced that, if you needed to stand for Fantasmic, you would need to walk to the back of the roped off area and ask cast member for help.

Warning, you have a couple of minutes to stand after Fantasmic and before fireworks. Then they open the ropes for people from outside your area to come in. We had a couple of very small kids run in and push between my spouse and my legs to get to the front. I wasn't prepared and almost dropped my phone.

Below are some images from the fireworks show. For the most part, when they had an image on the water screen, it it was in between fireworks. When the fireworks were exploding, it was a transition of characters on the water screen.

1716647512381.png

Example of a break in fireworks while images appeared on screen.

1716647709305.png

And fireworks without images

1716647791197.png

1716648069828.png

Last edited:
This is definitely something that Disney needs to work on. It has been 398 days since the show shut down. While they may have rehearsed the performance, they most certainly did not rehearse crowd control - both before and after the show.

They did not have enough cast members and some were quite rude. "Get out! Get out! Get out! We need to clear this area!" "Do not stop! Do not look at your phone! Keep walking!" Some were extremely professional (ex. Marc from HM and Oakland who managed the RB area). Many need help with finding appropriate phrases to shout to guests. Really, they need some sort of sound amplifying device so they don't have to shout. When they shout, even borderline phrases sound impatient and angry.

We can only walk as fast as the person in front of us. We were in the front, next to the fence. After fireworks, we immediately turned around to leave. It took time to even get to the back of the RB viewing section. By the time we did, CM were already frustrated. Giving them the benefit of the doubt, it is such a quick turn around after fireworks, maybe outside people were trying to walk in and stake claim to a seat for the second show.

They guide you to exit through Adventureland. If you don't like crowds, I would duck into the area around Bengal BBQ, or the Adventureland Bazaar, and wait it out there. You could even jump on Jungle Cruise. Once you get to Main street, if you are on the right side by Jolly Holiday, you will be guided to exit via a walkway behind the stores to the fire station. If you need to go to the lockers, or want to shop, stay to the left so you can get onto Main Street.

Last edited:
This is definitely something that Disney needs to work on. It has been 398 days since the show shut down. While they may have rehearsed the show, they most certainly did not rehearse crowd control - both before and after the show.

They did not have enough cast members and some were quite rude. "Get out! Get out! Get out! We need to clear this area!" "Do not stop! Do not look at your phone! Keep walking!" Some were extremely professional (ex. Marc from HM). Many need help with finding appropriate phrases to shout to guests. Really, they need some sort of sound amplifying device so they don't have to shout. When they shout, even borderline phrases sound impatient and angry.

We can only walk as fast as the person in front of us. We were in the front, next to the fence. After fireworks, we immediately turned around to leave. It took time to even get to the back of the RB viewing section. By the time we did, CM were already frustrated. Giving them the benefit of the doubt, it is such a quick turn around after fireworks, maybe outside people trying to walk in and stake claim to a seat for the second show.

They guide you to exit through Adventureland. If you don't like crowds, I would duck into the area around Bengal BBQ, or the Adventureland Bazaar, and wait it out there. You could even jump on Jungle Cruise. Once you get to Main street, if you are on the right side by Jolly Holiday, you will be guided to exit via a walkway behind the stores to the fire station. If you need to go to the lockers, or want to shop, stay to the left so you can get onto Main Street.
We’ve never been to DL and I’m having a hard time picturing these places you are mentioning. We have a Fantasmic dining package booked for the first show. After the show we want to watch the fireworks. Since it’s our last night, we plan on staying in DL until closing. After the show is over and the CMs are trying to clear the area, which way should we head so that we don’t end up at the exit to the park?

During the day, it was nice. We arrived around 9 am and there were two (yes two) cars in front of us to enter Mickey and Friends parking. We walked straight though security without anyone in front of us. It was eerie. Sadly, we found out that one of the major freeways was shut down for several hours because of an emergency. I'm not sure if that impacted what we experienced.

The morning seemed to be mostly families with small children and not MK holders.

We’ve never been to DL and I’m having a hard time picturing these places you are mentioning. We have a Fantasmic dining package booked for the first show. After the show we want to watch the fireworks. Since it’s our last night, we plan on staying in DL until closing. After the show is over and the CMs are trying to clear the area, which way should we head so that we don’t end up at the exit to the park?
Head left vs right, towards Hungry Bear and use the walkway to go to Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge.

Let me see if I can try to explain. Maybe @katyringo can get some images of it tonight.

If you look at a map, you'll see that Disneyland is set up like spokes on a wheel. The center is the Partners' Statue (Walt and Mickey) and the lands jet off from there.

Fantasmic is on Rivers of America. Below are two images showing exit routes.

Exiting via Adventureland (first image): You will sit where the red X is. The red line shows how you'll exit through Adventureland. The masses will be exiting the park, however, many stay to go on rides until park closing. If that is the case, stay to your left when you exit Adventureland. When you get to the hub (circle around the statue), you can go in whatever direction you want.

On Main Street, there will be cast members with red hand held lights which will direct you towards Main Street. The white hand held lights (at least last night) directed you towards the walkway behind the stores. This was not intuitive. They just kept shouting and telling people to move. Really, they should have been explaining what the red, white and green handheld lights meant. For example, "Follow white lights to exit the park. Follow red lights for Main Street."

The walkways behind the stores are on both sides of Main Street. They use them in situations like this, and to move people up and down Main Street during parades. Even if you are in one of the walkways behind the stores, you will not be end up outside of the park. You the walkway ends just outside City Hall. To get back in the park you'll either have to swim up stream or take the train to ToonTown Station.

Exititing via Galaxy's Edge (second image): You can turn to your right and walk towards Galaxy's Edge. From Galaxy's Edge, there is a walkway towards Frontierland which I would avoid because it will take you back to the Fantasmic crowds. There is another walkway into Fantasyland which would be my recommendation after the shows.

1716652019600.png 1716660569574.png

Last edited:
I think the advice of ducking into a shop after the show is a great idea. It's what I ended up doing because it's a lot of people right after the show. The good thing is it cleared out fairly quickly.

You don't have to stay for fireworks so you could also duck out a bit before fireworks end to stay ahead of the crowd. Or just boogie real quick when they end.

I'm seeing some not so great reviews on line of the BB package but really good reviews of rancho.

Tonight I'm going to try and see fireworks in SGE.. thag makes me wonder if they direct SGE people after fireworks towards Frontierland.. if not they should.

I think the advice of ducking into a shop after the show is a great idea. It's what I ended up doing because it's a lot of people right after the show. The good thing is it cleared out fairly quickly.

You don't have to stay for fireworks so you could also duck out a bit before fireworks end to stay ahead of the crowd. Or just boogie real quick when they end.

I'm seeing some not so great reviews on line of the BB package but really good reviews of rancho.

Tonight I'm going to try and see fireworks in SGE.. thag makes me wonder if they direct SGE people after fireworks towards Frontierland.. if not they should.
Curious where you have found the Rancho Del Zocalo reviews? I am looking but can’t find.

If you keep yours, I’d love to know if they will allow substitutions from the main menu as my child will definitely not eat any of the offerings for the child package.

Curious where you have found the Rancho Del Zocalo reviews? I am looking but can’t find.

If you keep yours, I’d love to know if they will allow substitutions from the main menu as my child will definitely not eat any of the offerings for the child package.
It was Twitter posts...

just ask Danny has pics of the rancho package..

I will ask! I am also going to see if they would honor a request for a switch to second show..

I haven't seen Fantasmic since like 2012, so I wasn't sure how much of it were new changes vs old changes. When I went in 2016 it was down due to Galaxy's Edge construction and of course last week, I was a week too early.
So I just watched the post-COVID Fantasmic and it appears most all the “changes” happened earlier.

Last edited:

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter