Fantasmic Thread!

It depends.

They open the viewing areas about 8pm but people start waiting in line from about 7pm. The viewing areas are sloped concrete. I prefer being at the waters edge by the railings. Some people like to be further back.

The viewing areas fill up fast, so if your party wants to sit side by side, instead of bunched up, you might want to get there early. People sit in family groups and as the area fills up, the spaces between groups may not be enough room for your group. In theory theres plenty of room, but people spread out. Everyone who has a viewing area ticket will be in the viewing area, but some people may have a smaller space than others. I hope this makes sense.
That does and explains it well...we have a 5 and 3 year old, so more than likely will have them sit on our lap while we are on the ground for the show.

Good to know....then I'm going to be in the back...because no way I'm there at 6 PM for this show....thats 3 hours which to me is insane to wait for any show
The only time I have lined up very early for the 9pm show was when we had a large party that wanted to sit together. Usually it’s just myself and one child and I go there right before show time. If you’re not terribly picky about where you sit it will be fine. I’m paying so I don’t have to stake out a spot for hours, so lining up that early really defeats the purpose for me.

They can’t deny you entrance, you paid for it. If one section is full and others less so they will start seating people there. I once arrived 10 minutes before show time and the Hungry Bear section was pretty full but the CM directed us to sit in the Blue Bayou section, which was fairly empty.

How early do I need to line up for the second viewing if I have a dining package and will be in an ECV? I know I'll be at the back anyways and am hoping I can view the fireworks from galaxy's edge or main street beforehand.

How early do I need to line up for the second viewing if I have a dining package and will be in an ECV? I know I'll be at the back anyways and am hoping I can view the fireworks from galaxy's edge or main street beforehand.
There isn't as big of a rush or as long as a waiting period for the second showing. After the fireworks most guests make there way over to the area where they tell you to line up. Getting over there can be hectic though because everyone is exiting out of the view areas after the fireworks so you are often swimming against the crowd. Once the viewing areas area cleared out they will begin to lead the dining package people to their specific area. So if you want to avoid going against the crowds it may be smart to watch the fireworks from Galaxy's Edge and then make your way past the Hungry Bear to the waiting area by the Harbor Galley.

I watched several people walk up to the riverbelle podium and be told the Fantasmic reservations had to be booked ahead of time. One person got pretty emotional with the CM's. I feel for her. Disney could have communicated all this better and more ahead of time. I think the especially should have made it more clear that requesting from server wasn't going to be the plan upfront.

I'm such a people pleaser/ empathetic person that I really felt for that lady.

I went with the pot pie soup, loaded house fries, and cobbler.

Loved the soup. The fries were good, but had a bit more spice than I thought they would have. Cobbler basic but yummy. It all certainly looked great!

Attachments

• IMG_5768.jpeg
    IMG_5768.jpeg
    60.3 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_5767.jpeg
    IMG_5767.jpeg
    77.1 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_5764.jpeg
    IMG_5764.jpeg
    34 KB · Views: 68
I went with the pot pie soup, loaded house fries, and cobbler.

Loved the soup. The fries were good, but had a bit more spice than I thought they would have. Cobbler basic but yummy. It all certainly looked great!
Thank you for sharing! Glad you enjoyed the food. Are drinks included as well?

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter