Fantasmic! Information and shared experiences!

Does anyone here know if I need to pick up my Huntry Bear food at the reservation time?

That day we are staying at DVC at the Grand, and have the Plaza Inn dining package at 1pm and Hungry Bear dining package at 7pm.

Our plan for the day is rides early, Plaza Inn lunch, back to hotel pool, return to park for MSEP, fireworks, then Fantasmic.

Could we pick up the Hungry Bear food right after lunch and get our voucher, then take the Hungry Bear food back to the room with us? And still get the voucher for second Fantasmic viewing. It might streamline our day a little- when we re-enter DL in the evening, we’d go directly to the parade viewing area.
I've heard they'll only let you pick up your meal within 15 minutes of your reservation. They don't even start Fantasmic dining until 3:00 p.m., so I don't think 1:00 p.m. would even be in the realm of possibilities.

OK so -- tomorrow morning will be my first attempt to book BB Fantasmic;* when you see the reservations drop at 6:00 a.m. Pacific, are the options listed separately, as in Blue Bayou (Dinner and/or specific time), and Blue Bayou Fantasmic! Dining Package? I know I'll only have a few seconds to hit the right one, and it's making me so nervous!

-----------
* I know we're speculating that they won't run it on Thursdays in October, but I'm gonna try just on the off chance; gonna book BB for Thursday regardless to make sure we get to go there, period, then try again for BB F! on Friday and release the original rez if I succeed.
I think you need to be in the actual Fantasmic Dining Package area of the website to find and book it. And I would check well before 6am, I found mine at 3am even though they say they drop at 6am - in my experience it has often been earlier.

I'm really annoyed that now you have to book for the Fantasmic package for BB after the 27th. It is so hard to get BB reservations and I am going during Gay Days weekend so there is no way I'm gonna be able to get one now that's specifically for Fantasmic. I have a normal BB reservation. Sigh.

I've heard they'll only let you pick up your meal within 15 minutes of your reservation. They don't even start Fantasmic dining until 3:00 p.m., so I don't think 1:00 p.m. would even be in the realm of possibilities.
Duh. I forgot the packages don’t start until 3pm. Thanks!

Wanted to share a very slightly annoying moment getting in line tonight for a RBT dining package. The CM was instructing all of the folks to line up along the edge of wall nearest the Rivers of America which we did. The five of us lined up and we’re 8 people back. After a while, I saw four folks line up on the other wall and when I walked by, I heard them say they were RBT. I went and asked and the CM said we should all be in one line and when I mentioned the group she said that the RBT line would be there but we were getting in one line. I went ahead and waited behind them while the other members of our party stayed put.

Sure enough, after a while, more folks were arriving and a new CM started putting RBT folks on that wall although he was phrasing it like it didn’t matter. Eventually he got everyone’s attention and started separating the three lines (HB near the river, BB in the middle, RBT on the further wall). I was glad I went ahead and split the group because otherwise we could have been way further back. We ended up along the river near the center (next to the group of four) so no big loss but want to warn others.

Just back from a great trip. Will do a trip report soon. We saw Fantasmic from the VIP reserved section. I hadn't seen the show before, and enjoyed it , from my perspective everything seemed to be working, the Dragon was impressive as well as the pirate ship. We didn't stay for the fireworks as we had plans to do that the next day after the parade.
The crowds were crazy getting out of the park from there. I had one kid in a stroller and two kids next to me and it was tough navigating.
The show was also very, very loud. My oldest granddaughter has some sensory issues and needed her headphones on to enjoy the show. But my other grandkids had their hands over there ears a lot too.

I’ve read thru all the posts and I still don’t have a clear understanding of the following. If I plan to see the second Fantasmic show and I don’t have a dining package, where can I watch the show from? And is there a good place to be while the first show is going on? Thanks!

I’ve read thru all the posts and I still don’t have a clear understanding of the following. If I plan to see the second Fantasmic show and I don’t have a dining package, where can I watch the show from? And is there a good place to be while the first show is going on? Thanks!
It was suggested to me to arrive towards the end of the fireworks, scope out a spot you would like, and then scoot right in when everybody leaves.

So reading here, they are doing BB F! dining packages, but they open later in the day of the 60-day window?

If I buy only one Hungry Bear Fantasmic Dining package and give the ticket to my daughter (I can't sit on the concrete) is that allowed?

We did the Fantasmic River Belle Terrace premium dining last week.

One thing that was odd is that we arrived at 7:15 and we were the very last table to be seated. I mentioned to the hostess that I was surprised we were last and she said, "No worries. We wouldn't have given your table away until 7:30."
I had no idea that that was even a possibility. I thought seating started at 7:15 and if anything mentioned to be there by 7:30 or lose your seat, I missed it. We were given wrist bands and a Fantasmic lanyard.

The cornbread / biscuit basket and our drinks came around 7:40. The bread came with delicious spiced honey butter. We were served our main entree around 8:30 and dessert around 8:50.
The food choices were much better than 2019 and they let all of us order off the regular menu if we wanted to, including for the dessert. The main dessert was this chocolate orb filled with fruit and sorbet and sprinkled with what looks like fruity pebbles. They also had chocolate monkey bread. I'm allergic to chocolate so I ordered mango sorbet, which was yummy but not particularly fancy.

Our server was very attentive and friendly. She came around numerous times to check on us and refill drinks.

The view was really great. We were in the second row this time. We were in the 3rd row in 2019, which was still a good view but this was even better. The way River belle Terrace is set up, the view is off to the right. We could still see all of the projections and floats, and the dragon and of course Mickey. Having a designated place to sit was wonderful. We were encouraged to stay in our seats to watch the fireworks. The projections for the fireworks were really nice, but the fireworks themselves were hard to see through the trees. That view probably depends on your particular seat.

Now that I've done this package twice, I don't know if I'd do it again. The food was good, but the whole experience takes SO long. There were a number of parties around us with little kids who were bored/melting down/ wanted to leave. Seated at 7:15 and it doesn't end until after 9:00. That's alot of potential park time if you're there on a 1 or 2 day trip. We were there for 5 days, so it was fine. If we ever did decide to do it again I'd probably check in as early as possible, eat and then come back to watch the show. They allowed us to leave and come back to use the restroom.
What food id you end up ordering?

My family watched 2nd show Fantasmic on Saturday, August 14, 2022. We stood next to a retaining wall and fence straight across (sort of) from HM entrance one level up from the waterfront (i.e. the level where dining package folks sit). We were happy with our spot. It was right in front of a projection screen and mostly to the side of the stage. But, even though we were off to the side of the stage we could clearly see Mickey and the dragon, etc. and had unobstructed views. No one in my family complained. I'm sure there are better locations to view the show too.

Here is what my family did and it worked like a charm. We watched Main Street Electrical Parade (8:45 p.m. showing) near IASW. Once the parade was done, we walked back through Fantasyland to GE and rode MFSR (with a LL). Following that we walked to Critter Country and hung out there as the fireworks ended. When the fireworks ended we continued to walk into New Orleans Square from Critter Country and we had little problem finding our nice little spot near HM. My thinking was this: avoid at all costs trying to get to the Fantasmic viewing area from Main Street, Adventureland or Frontierland. I just felt like there would be an army of folks who watched the parade and fireworks from those locations and are trying to muscle in for Fantasmic. By coming from the opposite direction, there were would be much more manageable crowds. In fact, the crowds to and from GE and Critter Country felt pretty light walking into New Orleans Square.

Lastly, when my family pulled up to the spot there was a Mom and daughter standing at our spot. I asked if they were staying or leaving as the little girl was crying. The mom said they were leaving. I asked if she watched Fantasmic from this spot, and she said she did, she's a local and she said that this is her favorite spot because it is in front of the projection and still have a good view of the stage. I trusted the information and figured that if it was good enough for a local then it was good enough for me.

What food id you end up ordering?
We ordered alot! Most of it was from the regular menu.

Chicken and dumplings, which was really yummy.
Loaded bites- very good but a bit spicy
Pimento Mac n Cheese
Wedge salad
Burnt ends grilled cheese
Sweet & sticky pulled pork

We also had a bread basket with biscuits and corn bread that was so good we asked for refills. It came with honey butter.

For dessert 2 people ordered this chocolate orb thing filled with fruit and mousse (I think that's what it was) and sprinkled with what looked like fruity pebbles!

Others had sorbet, I think it was mango flavored.

My family watched 2nd show Fantasmic on Saturday, August 14, 2022. We stood next to a retaining wall and fence straight across (sort of) from HM entrance one level up from the waterfront (i.e. the level where dining package folks sit). We were happy with our spot. It was right in front of a projection screen and mostly to the side of the stage. But, even though we were off to the side of the stage we could clearly see Mickey and the dragon, etc. and had unobstructed views. No one in my family complained. I'm sure there are better locations to view the show too.

Here is what my family did and it worked like a charm. We watched Main Street Electrical Parade (8:45 p.m. showing) near IASW. Once the parade was done, we walked back through Fantasyland to GE and rode MFSR (with a LL). Following that we walked to Critter Country and hung out there as the fireworks ended. When the fireworks ended we continued to walk into New Orleans Square from Critter Country and we had little problem finding our nice little spot near HM. My thinking was this: avoid at all costs trying to get to the Fantasmic viewing area from Main Street, Adventureland or Frontierland. I just felt like there would be an army of folks who watched the parade and fireworks from those locations and are trying to muscle in for Fantasmic. By coming from the opposite direction, there were would be much more manageable crowds. In fact, the crowds to and from GE and Critter Country felt pretty light walking into New Orleans Square.

Lastly, when my family pulled up to the spot there was a Mom and daughter standing at our spot. I asked if they were staying or leaving as the little girl was crying. The mom said they were leaving. I asked if she watched Fantasmic from this spot, and she said she did, she's a local and she said that this is her favorite spot because it is in front of the projection and still have a good view of the stage. I trusted the information and figured that if it was good enough for a local then it was good enough for me.
The force was with you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter