Fantasmic Has Finally Returned!!

It’s been years since I’ve watched Fantasmic (had to wait until my kids would no longer be scared, then the pandemic happened.) Can anyone refresh my memory on how long you typically have to wait in line to get in? We are going early November, so dining packages won’t be an option. I don’t care about sitting near the front or anything, but I can’t recall if we’d still get a seat if we got in line 30 mins before or if it was more like an hour plus. I do remember waiting in the packed mobs to get in though….ugh.
I want to say we used to do an hour. I remember wasting a fp for it in dec 2017 because I had a trip with my mom and I felt that was too long. It’s going to be packed .

Everyone misses it AND it’s NEW.

I will purchase a ILL or use a genie+ if available.

Now I need to find what food n drinks are a available. They used to have treat boxes to buy(cheese, fruit, desserts) , wine and beer inside the area. Can you bring stuff in to stadium?

Can’t wait for more info to come :)

11/5 Personal plan is that IF ILL/G+ is happening see if it’s not sold out once I cross the 10k finish line … if there is no option or it’s sold out plan to head over at 8pm (the recommend 90 mins before) for the 930 show unless reports from Thursday and Friday suggest arriving sooner

They used to have treat boxes to buy(cheese, fruit, desserts) , wine and beer inside the area.
Fantasmic Dessert and VIP Viewing Experience version of a dessert party.
$40 in 2017, not sure what they’d charge today? $55 or $75 maybe.

Fantasmic Dessert and VIP Viewing Experience version of a dessert party.
$40 in 2017, not sure what they’d charge today? $55 or $75 maybe.

We did this a few times and really enjoyed it. The package included both alcoholic and non alcoholic drinks, a light up lanyard and light up souvenir cup. For $39 it was an inexpensive way to get great seats and the snacks were plenty for us to skip having a big dinner. We ate a late lunch, then the desserts and savory snacks filled us up. We are not heavy eaters so being able to skip dinner pretty much covered the cost of the dessert package. I'd swing for $50 or so, but no way if it goes as high as $75. For that, you might as well just do the dinner packages.

We did this a few times and really enjoyed it. The package included both alcoholic and non alcoholic drinks, a light up lanyard and light up souvenir cup. For $39 it was an inexpensive way to get great seats and the snacks were plenty for us to skip having a big dinner. We ate a late lunch, then the desserts and savory snacks filled us up. We are not heavy eaters so being able to skip dinner pretty much covered the cost of the dessert package. I'd swing for $50 or so, but no way if it goes as high as $75. For that, you might as well just do the dinner packages.
BUT they don’t even start the dinner packages until 11/30. I’d be thrilled if they did this earlier, anything to avoid standing for a hour waiting to get in and then maybe only getting SRO.

BUT they don’t even start the dinner packages until 11/30. I’d be thrilled if they did this earlier, anything to avoid standing for a hour waiting to get in and then maybe only getting SRO.

They may never bring the dessert package back. I know whenever we did it, there were usually only a handful of people who also there. It never seemed very popular, not sure why. Fingers crossed though!

I see only one of the included restaurants show a breakdown of breakfast, lunch & dinner. Does that mean the others are only doing dinner for the Fantasmic package or might lunch times be included as well? We would rather do a lunch.

I see only one of the included restaurants show a breakdown of breakfast, lunch & dinner. Does that mean the others are only doing dinner for the Fantasmic package or might lunch times be included as well? We would rather do a lunch.
Probably because only H&V has different prices for breakfast vs lunch/dinner. The other restaurants only offer lunch and dinner and pricing is the same for both meals. I would expect lunch to be offered for the F! Packages. I hope to book a lunch pkg at Sci Fi or 50s PT for January 2nd.

Hollywood Studios Closing Early, No Fantasmic Scheduled for December 4th

Disney’s Hollywood Studios will be closing early on December 4, 2022 (8pm instead of 9pm), which means that there will not be a performance of Fantasmic that evening. The schedule for the Wonderful World of Animation projection show has not been released past October 31st, but it could either be moved up to the 8pm close or canceled, we’re not sure yet.
It’s likely that the park is being rented out for an after-hours event for either a third-party company or a Cast Member event.
As a reminder, Fantasmic! returns to Disney’s Hollywood Studios on November 3rd.

Disney’s Hollywood Studios will be closing early on December 4, 2022 (8pm instead of 9pm), which means that there will not be a performance of Fantasmic that evening. The schedule for the Wonderful World of Animation projection show has not been released past October 31st, but it could either be moved up to the 8pm close or canceled, we’re not sure yet.
It’s likely that the park is being rented out for an after-hours event for either a third-party company or a Cast Member event.
As a reminder, Fantasmic! returns to Disney’s Hollywood Studios on November 3rd.
Well that's infuriating. That's our DHS day. So our choices are to either shuffle EVERYTHING around or miss Fantasmic. Neither is a great solution.

That is soooooo wrong. Another lawsuit possibly?
When you have an AP that is not blocked out on that date, you should be allowed in. This is just wrong.
Ticket Block Out Dates and Park Reservations are two completely different things.

They are not trying to keep AP guests from coming that day - the problem is that all the local APs who had an inkling of opening booked every day they could around this date. They'll keep the opening night so they can be there. So there is simply no reservations left in the bucket. You snooze you lose.

If guests don't agree to the bucket system, then don't buy the AP. It is so funny to me that folks buy something with clear parameters but then don't want to abide by the parameters. :rolleyes:

It is no different than Previews (Pandora, Galaxy Edge, Guardians) that are offered with limited slots. Not every AP holder will be able to get a slot. We all know that. Just not enough slots.

You will need to make a new reservation. You can call and see if they can update your current reservation but it may need to be cancelled and rebooked. If that's the case you may wish to book the new one before cancelling the original, just to ensure you don't lose out.

In the past I booked Fantasmic! Dinner Packages online. Not sure if it's the same now?

In the past the dining reservations were in a section right-centre. Large area with good viewing. I would not hesitate to book a Fantasmic dining package again.

The Fantastic Dining Package is now listed in MDE app. It reads that you need a park reservation and a confirmed dining reservation. It says "We recommend guests book in park dining at the park where they have a Disney park reservation". So it reads to me like if you already have a dining reservation at one of the restaurants, you do not need to cancel & rebook. It actually kind of reads like you need to have a dining reservation at one of the applicable restaurants before you book the Fantastic Dining package. I am curious because I have never booked one, so do I wait or go ahead & see if I can book a dining reservation?

I checked both DHS days we have park reservations on the WDW site.. all of the restaurants offering the package are not available (we are there 1st/2nd week of December), looks like they are holding all fo them back until 10/26 release date. So question is, when 10/26 release date is available, do you book the dining reservation first or do you choose Fantasmic Dining Package & it will give you a choice of which restaurant you want, OR, are you supposed to book a dining reservation FIRST and grab one of those BEFORE you choose the Fantasmic Dining Package?
I am confused. I have never booked a Fantasmic Dining Package & the MDE app leads me to believe you need to have a dining reservation in place for one of the restaurants first.

Last edited:
The Fantastic Dining Package is now listed in MDE app. It reads that you need a park reservation and a confirmed dining reservation. It says "We recommend guests book in park dining at the park where they have a Disney park reservation". So it reads to me like if you already have a dining reservation at one of the restaurants, you do not need to cancel & rebook. It actually kind of reads like you need to have a dining reservation at one of the applicable restaurants before you book the Fantastic Dining package. I am curious because I have never booked one, so do I wait or go ahead & see if I can book a dining reservation?

I checked both DHS days we have park reservations on the WDW site.. all of the restaurants offering the package are not available (we are there 1st/2nd week of December), looks like they are holding all fo them back until 10/26 release date. So question is, when 10/26 release date is available, do you book the dining reservation first or do you choose Fantasmic Dining Package & it will give you a choice of which restaurant you want, OR, are you supposed to book a dining reservation FIRST and grab one of those BEFORE you choose the Fantasmic Dining Package?
I am confused. I have never booked a Fantasmic Dining Package & the MDE app leads me to believe you need to have a dining reservation in place for one of the restaurants first.

Dining packages have always included the dining reservation. That blurb at the top is just the standard don't book dining without a park reservation warning, it's posted on every dining location reservation page. It doesn't mean book a reservation, then wait for the packages to come out and the package will be applied. You'll be able to book on the 26th, but booking now, if it was even available, won't help.

We have booked many Fantasmic dining packages over the years and we always booked as a package. Considering they already have the link for the package listed, this is the way you will need to book a Fantasmic dining package. Booking a dining reservation is not the same as booking a dining package.

You will want to use the link to book a new reservation if you want a Fantasmic dining pkg.

I want to say we used to do an hour. I remember wasting a fp for it in dec 2017 because I had a trip with my mom and I felt that was too long. It’s going to be packed .

Everyone misses it AND it’s NEW.

I will purchase a ILL or use a genie+ if available.

Now I need to find what food n drinks are a available. They used to have treat boxes to buy(cheese, fruit, desserts) , wine and beer inside the area. Can you bring stuff in to stadium?

Can’t wait for more info to come :)
You can buy food and beverages inside the stadium. Some of them will even come to you, with selling in the aisles, like a baseball game. Or at least it used to be that way. But the food booths I'm sure will be open inside, they have a captive audience while they wait, they will want you to buy some beer :-)

You can buy food and beverages inside the stadium. Some of them will even come to you, with selling in the aisles, like a baseball game. Or at least it used to be that way. But the food booths I'm sure will be open inside, they have a captive audience while they wait, they will want you to buy some beer :-)
Can’t wait!

It says "We recommend guests book in park dining at the park where they have a Disney park reservation". So it reads to me like if you already have a dining reservation at one of the restaurants, you do not need to cancel & rebook.
That wording in quotes was added during the introduction of Park Reservations, specifically when park hopping privileges returned. Hopping returned with 2 new rules, no hopping before 2pm and hopping may close to park capacity. There was alot of community concern about making dinner ADRs with the intention to hop over, then getting locked out to capacity and having to pay the $10pp penalty. WDW’s response was that quote.

So hoping for a package ressie on 12/2. it will be DGD's first time seeing Fantasmic! Hey, I got Akershaus for 12/4 this am after an hour of trying, so maybe I will have good luck! Wishing everyone here luck as well! It's a great show.

As I’ve posted on the Dec thread, it’s due to a big company event Dec 2-4. They have close ties to Disney so doesn’t surprise me.

Will be online early in the morning to try and get a dining package for my December trip. Was originally planning Fantastic for 12/4 but looks like a reshuffle is in order.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter