Fantasmic! FASTPASS Testing-NOW (April 22-27)

I wonder how that will work? Will you still have to arrive over an hour before-hand? Will it give you assigned seating?

Maybe something like WOC at DL. A fastpass will just get you in before others. Maybe the center section will be reserved. We'll just have to wait and see.

I wonder how that will work? Will you still have to arrive over an hour before-hand? Will it give you assigned seating?

Good questions.

And I wonder how long you will have to wait in line to get the Fast Passes. Hope some DISer gets a chance to try this out next week and reports back. (The article says you can get the FPs near the tip board from "midday.")

I think I like this.. it's gotta be better than a 2 hour line!

Maybe something like WOC at DL. A fastpass will just get you in before others. Maybe the center section will be reserved. We'll just have to wait and see.

This was my first thought as well. When I went to see WOC at DCA, you had to have a FP, but that gave you access to the line that formed an hour or more before the show to go claim a spot in your section.

I wonder whether this means guaranteed admission even if you turn up just beforehand?

I forget how FastPass works now, can you get another one after an hour or two, it's not purely once you've used your current one is it, or that'd be your limit gone all day?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I wonder whether this means guaranteed admission even if you turn up just beforehand?

I forget how FastPass works now, can you get another one after an hour or two, it's not purely once you've used your current one is it, or that'd be your limit gone all day?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

The maximum time you must wait between FPs is two hours.

Going next week. Definitely going to try this out. I doubt this will be connected to FP system yet, as per article, since this is the test phase. I am expecting the same seating as perhaps F! dinner package people. I would be surprised if this was for anything other than that section. However they may need to increase the size of the section depending on how many of these are available. Also wondering how widely advertised this will be for those not on here or other boards. Will report back unless it is already covered by others. :)

April 22 thru 27 Disney is testing Fantasmic! FastPasses.
(testing how the operation of Fantasmic! will handle fastpass+)

1. This fastpass+ test will not require RFID tickets and will not use RFID touch points.

2. Fastpass tickets will be given out inside the park at noon or maybe earlier.
Location of distribution will be near the Tip Board at the junction of Hollywood and Sunset Blvds.
Holding a FP for Fantasmic! will not prevent obtaining another FP for another attraction.

3. Dining package will still have separate reserved sections.
FP and Standby Guests will sit in their own separate sections of in the theater.
FP guests will be given priority over Standby guests for entry as the theater fills.

These temporary FastPass TEST maps were created April 25, 2013, PM.

DHS-Paths-F_FP_042513_zpsd0805933.jpg

FantasmicFP-BE-WS-List_042513_zpsa9c13bdd.jpg

F-FP-BE-CU_042513_zpsf5cf3900.jpg

(Prepared with help from buzzCMlightyear.)

Wish they would do this the following week when I'm there. I don't line up way ahead of time. I'll walk up for the second show and get in if there are seats available. I really like Fantasmic, but I don't like anything enough that I'm willing to stand there for an hour or so.

Wish they would do this the following week when I'm there. I don't line up way ahead of time. I'll walk up for the second show and get in if there are seats available. I really like Fantasmic, but I don't like anything enough that I'm willing to stand there for an hour or so.

Guests don't "stand" for an hour or so for the first (or only) show of the night.

The theater is opened for seating 60-120 minutes before show-time and early-arriving guests just walk to the theater and find a seat.

They spend the rest of the time seated awaiting the show.

Going next week. Definitely going to try this out. I doubt this will be connected to FP system yet, as per article, since this is the test phase. I am expecting the same seating as perhaps F! dinner package people. I would be surprised if this was for anything other than that section. However they may need to increase the size of the section depending on how many of these are available. Also wondering how widely advertised this will be for those not on here or other boards. Will report back unless it is already covered by others. :)

I'm wondering how it is going to affect the Fantasmic Dining Package people. Right now, you get your reservation, go eat, and then wander the park until 30 minutes before the show. I'm wondering if this is going to increase the number of people that will have access to that seating area resulting in having to show up earlier.

I'm wondering how it is going to affect the Fantasmic Dining Package people. Right now, you get your reservation, go eat, and then wander the park until 30 minutes before the show. I'm wondering if this is going to increase the number of people that will have access to that seating area resulting in having to show up earlier.

If it's handled the way DCA handles WOC, then the FP seating will be a separate section from the reserved dining section.

If it's handled the way DCA handles WOC, then the FP seating will be a separate section from the reserved dining section.

FP seating will be mixed in with the Standby seating.
No separate section for FP guests.

April 22 thru 27 Disney is testing Fantasmic! FastPasses.
(testing how the operation of Fantasmic! will handle fastpass+)

1. This fastpass+ test will not require RFID tickets and will not use RFID touch points.

2. Fastpass tickets will be given out inside the park at noon or maybe earlier.
Location of distribution will be near the Tip Board at the junction of Hollywood and Sunset Blvds.
Holding a FP for Fantasmic! will not prevent obtaining another FP for another attraction.

3. Dining package will still have separate reserved sections.
FP and Standby Guests will sit in their own separate sections of in the theater.
FP guests will be given priority over Standby guests for entry as the theater fills.

These temporary FastPass TEST maps were created April 25, 2013, PM.

DHS-Paths-F_FP_042513_zpsd0805933.jpg

FantasmicFP-BE-WS-List_042513_zpsa9c13bdd.jpg

F-FP-BE-CU_042513_zpsf5cf3900.jpg

(Prepared with help from buzzCMlightyear.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter