Fantasmic! FASTPASS Testing-NOW (April 22-27)

::yes::

And apparently on the way go getting even harder.......

We have done 2 DHS days before, but just don't see that being our answer from here forward. But then we're rope drop folks. So if we want to reserve Fantasmic, we'll just ride TSMM a couple times at RD and be fine. RnR is where it would get tricky for us. That's our big draw there now. If it gets too hard, we could end up just passing on DHS entirely.

The part I find most interesting in all of this is that everyone was all excited that FP+ would save them from needing to be at DHS at rope drop to do TSMM. They envisioned sleeping in with TSMM all reserved for them in the afternoon. Which will still happen for those lucky enough to get the coveted afternoon slots. But are they willing to possibly give up Fantasmic as part of that late start day.

Choices, choices.

Not everyone. Not even close by a long shot! IMHO, RD will be as, if not more important once the FP+ mess is implemented IF a family wants to experience everything they experienced in past trips without waiting in horrendous lines.

;)

The problem for some of us will be not knowing if we NEED to FP Fantasmic! or not.

I can't imagine in slow times you would need to FP it, but who knows them may only leave two sections for stand by and the remaining seats be given out to the dinner package and FP.

I can see it now: Surprise FP for Fantasmic! if more people choose TSMM and RnR.

Planning is going to be impossible for those that will be running into FP+ when it is first rolled out.

The problem for some of us is we will not know if we NEED to FP Fantasmic! or not.

I can't imagine in slow times you would need to FP it, but who knows them may only leave two sections for stand by and the remaining seats be given out to the dinner package and FP.

I can see it now: Surprise FP for Fantasmic! if more people choose TSMM and RnR.

Planning is going to be impossible for those that will be running into FP+ when it is first rolled out.

This is what I'm thinking too. With shows every night and twice a night through busy times, just because they offer fp+ for Fantasmic, doesn't mean that you need a fp to see the show. If the theatre isn't filled to capacity except for occasional nights, why would it all of a sudden, always be filled? I'd rather use my fp+ for TSMM and them get in the stand by line early for Fantasmic like always.

Yep.

And some of us will schedule a FP for Splash in December then find out the weather is really cold that day and we dont' even want to ride it.

And some of us will schedule BTMRR only to find it rains all day. (Just a word of advice here..... DON'T do BTMRR in the rain. Ever. Don't ask how I know this.....:rolleyes1)

And some of us will pass on a FP for Space to schedule one for Wishes only to find it rained out that night.

If only they had a system that was more flexible, maybe one that let you make all your plans and decisions the same day when you got to the park, maybe one that even let you plan things in more than one park a day.

Sigh. Maybe one day. Come on Disney. Work on that for us, won't you?

:cool2:

Here's a picture of the FastPass we received on the 4/26:

8684117126_96e6c77a77_b.jpg

Here's a picture of the FastPass we received on the 4/26:

8684117126_96e6c77a77_b.jpg

Was this for 8:30 show, or 9?

When did you return, and how was your seat selection at that time?

Thanks.

Actually I see the posted times were 8:30 and 10-so I assume 8:30.

So at least you "could" arrive 10 minutes before the show and "know" you will get in. Seat may not be the best, but at least you can get in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter