Fantasmic - DL vs WDW

I really like Fantasmic at Disneyland and make a point of trying to see it on most all of my trips. At WDW, Fantasmic is more of an "if there is time" type of thing. Some of the elements are similar (as is the basic story), but some of the scenes are markedly different and generally much better at DLR. DL does not have the Pochontas scene, but rather has a Peter Pan sequence that makes use of the Sailing Ship Columbia. I find the Pochontas sequence okay, but it seems kind of lack luster once you've seen the Peter Pan sequence. DL upgraded their dragon a few years back (granted, it was quite a problematic figure). It's much more substantial and impressive looking. So while both sequences are essentially the same (Mickey fights Maleficent in her dragon form), the look of the dragon is much different at DL. The steamboat at the end is the same sequence, but DL's version actually uses the Mark Twain (think Liberty Belle). I can't help but laugh whenever I see the "steamboat" at DHS. It gives the DL version a much more impressive finale. DHS has one advantage over DL and that's in terms of the seating. DHS has the stadium, which means pretty much everyone gets to sit. DL does not have a dedicated stadium (the show is presented on the Rivers of America), so it's harder to get a good spot to watch. So in that one way DHS has a better show, but in terms of the show itself, DL is a much better version.
Agreed! I laughed a little too loudly too when the faux Mark Twain came out in Hollywood Studios.
I like Disneyland's version better, but I hate fighting for a viewing location.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter