Fantasmic Dessert Party?

I just booked this for my family. Looking forward to seeing Fantasmic again and not having to eat at a restaurant just to get reserved seating. Doing Jingle Jam, Jingle Bam Dessert Party another day as well. I guess we just like desserts.

I booked the dessert package for 4, but now I'm thinking my kids (both 11) will want the kids dessert tray. Is it possible to book two adults and two kids, even when the kids are 11? Since this is pay out of pocket and not the dining plan, would they let me do that?

Because Disney can make more money, and we keep falling for it and buying into it EVERY darn time.

"We" is not me. I wouldn't pay for a dessert party even if I hit Power Ball. I think they are ridiculously expensive, and I can think of about 900 other ways I would prefer to spend the same amount of money at WDW.

"We" is not me. I wouldn't pay for a dessert party even if I hit Power Ball. I think they are ridiculously expensive, and I can think of about 900 other ways I would prefer to spend the same amount of money at WDW.
Oh it's not me either, but in the big picture it's us as their customer's. They wouldn't do it if they didn't have enough ppl. willing to pay them extra for it. I just feel like it is just the Disney way these days, dessert parties on top of dessert parties, paying for extra magic hours, special events, etc. etc. I mean obviously it's working out for them, but frustrates, annoys and takes away the "magic" for my crew.

Oh it's not me either, but in the big picture it's us as their customer's. They wouldn't do it if they didn't have enough ppl. willing to pay them extra for it. I just feel like it is just the Disney way these days, dessert parties on top of dessert parties, paying for extra magic hours, special events, etc. etc. I mean obviously it's working out for them, but frustrates, annoys and takes away the "magic" for my crew.
Curious how these upcharge events take away the magic for you. Seems like they are a way to generate revenue/subsidize the parks for everyone without watering down the "regular" experience.

Really confused as to how this takes away the magic for you.

As a parent of an ASD child, I will often pay for extras like dessert parties to have something to keep him busy instead of having to wait in a line. Between FPs and GAC, many things are taken care of, but fireworks, desserts, reserve seating for FOF (even if I have to eat at Tonys) make life so much easier. I know they aren't for everyone, but I am glad Disney does them.

Anyone try this yet? We actually have a reservation tomorrow night for a group of 5 adults and I'm still debating whether to keep it or cancel.

Anyone try this yet? We actually have a reservation tomorrow night for a group of 5 adults and I'm still debating whether to keep it or cancel.
Did you go!?! Wondering how it was!

Have any of the blogs or such done this yet and posted a review? I have a reservation for next weekend and debating cancelling.
We have a reservation for next Tuesday. Really wondering if we need to be there that early!

Anyone do this yet? I'm really wondering if I should book it or stick with my dining package!

I blame the blogger black hole - aka food and wine.
That and the fact that Irma hit...

The first one was the Friday before Irma hit, so I imagine that is part of it.
All the locals may not have power yet too. So, I am sure that effected it. And the fact that a bunch of people probably cancelled there trips...

Fingers Crossed, someone will try it out this weekend!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter