Fantasmic Dessert Party?

Any pics of the allergy box or a list of what was in it? That will be a make or break for my family.

Surprised also there's not an alternate to the bright drinks as some people are allergic to red dye.

Any pics of the allergy box or a list of what was in it? That will be a make or break for my family.

Surprised also there's not an alternate to the bright drinks as some people are allergic to red dye.

There might have been normal sodas to drink but I didn't really look.

As for what was in allergy box, strawberries, blackberries, grapes, apple vanilla cake, chocolate cherry cake, chocolate chip cookie, a toasted mallow and cotton candy. I forgot to take a picture of the menu itself.

Alright so I did this last night. I do not know how to add photos from my phone to here so you use your imagination.

it was a hot and humid day. I (25/f) and my boyfriend (24/m) are here on a quick 72 hour trip. I booked this as a nice little add on for our favorite night show. The show started at 8 but the reservation said 7. Around 6:40 I walked over to the entrance to ask if it was possible to show up later than 7. She said yes but if we wanted the good seating she recommended being there by 7:15 at the latest. We went for a quick bathroom break and walk to take some photos and went back at 7. I ended up being really glad we did (we also didn't really have much else to do).

When you get there you walk up the fast pass line and on the left there's a sign for the dessert VIP. You check in and get your "credential." It's on a fantasmic lanyard. It's a place circle that lights up as blue. It'll be a nice wall decoration for us. After that you keep walking and hit the drink and food situation.

There's a container of neon blue liquid, deep red liquid, and a tap of bud light. "Wow this reminds of my freshman year of college," I thought to myself. Oh how right I would be. The Red was for the kids, non-alcoholic. After they checked our IDs and made the required joke about how some day I'll be glad when I look 5 years younger than I am, we recieved our flash plastic "beer stein" full of neon blue drank.

You move down the line to where you pick up the boxes. I'm allergic to chocolate which is super fun at these things. This is where things got a little hairy for me. They gave me the allergy box then took all of the chocolate stuff out of it. The allergy box is premade to leave out common allergies but includes two chocolate things. This left me with grapes, strawberries, two blackberries, this vanilla apple cake (which I'm assuming was flourless because I think it was also a gleuton free box) and cotton candy. I asked for another apple cake because I love apple cakes. So glad I did. The CM also threw in a lot more strawberries which was nice. They put it in a bag with a bottle of water, which the normal boxes come with. If you don't have to go through the whole I can't eat this process they have the bags all set up for you! Just grab and go.

It's extremely obvious you're with the VIP dessert. Your flashing mug of neon blue drank announces you to everyone louder than the PA announcers. They direct you to the dining package section and say "sit anywhere!" You can sit anywhere in the dining section! After my boyfriend'a ineptitude to just pick a gosh darn row we plop our butts down dead center. It was the most perfect view. The other plus is that they didn't make us squeeze in like sardines. It was hot and humid and I didn't even have to stick my leg to my boyfriend's!

Once we opened the box I realized I should have asked for Cheese out of the normal box. So I stole most of my boyfriend's. My apple vanilla cakes was loads about what apple thing was in his. But the cheesecake in his was fabulous. We love dessert so it was great. Eating on our laps is hard tho, especially when a group of 4 five and six year olds are behind you and running around constantly bumping into you. We have nieces tho and it's Disney so we get it. Just makes balancing harder.

Because of the kiddies I decided to put our blue dranks on the ground rather than next to us on the bench. We had a few sips of it on the way up. I thought it wasn't terrible, not my cup of booze but it'll do. My boyfriend thought it tasted like blue poweraid with vodka dumped in. I decided I agreed and from then on it was called "college in a cup." It was essential your standard jungle juice served in a cup meant to remind you of the basements you drank them in (the humid and sweat and getting knocked into really added to the feeling). We got a good laugh out of it, as did the girl next to us whom I befriended. Tip: the cup has a button on the bottom to turn it off. Find it. Use it. As you finish the drink you'll be blinded by the lights in the bottom. Plus it's distracting once it gets dark out. My lovely boyfriend couldn't finish his. So guess who did? Me. Guess who regretted that? Me. I forgot why I stopped drinking jungle juice after my freshman year some 8 years ago. I felt terrible after 1.25 of those. Not even drunk just gross.

The show was amazing as always. The tiny army behind us did call Pohcontas "Moana" which made me feel old. They also yelled out the name of every single character or movie that showed up. Loudly. We cow herded our way out, proud new owners of light up cups that we had to carry the rest of the night as we hoped over the MK for the last two hours.

If you have questions feel free to ask. I'm still on property until MondY night but I'll try to respond or get it when I get home!
Just curious - when you said all the boxes cane with a bottle of water, did you mean all the allergy boxes, or all ALL the boxes? I'd much prefer water to anything red or blue on a hot night. Lol

Thanks for the review!!

Thank you so much for posting this review! Did the dining/dessert section seem more crowded than usual? Did you have lots of seating options? It seems like if the section is the same as for dining packages, it could start to get crowded.

Just curious - when you said all the boxes cane with a bottle of water, did you mean all the allergy boxes, or all ALL the boxes? I'd much prefer water to anything red or blue on a hot night. Lol

Thanks for the review!!

Water came with all of the boxes. They weren't full size but they weren't those tiny two sip bottles. They filled up probably 3/4 of our normal camelbacks bottles.

Thank you so much for posting this review! Did the dining/dessert section seem more crowded than usual? Did you have lots of seating options? It seems like if the section is the same as for dining packages, it could start to get crowded.

This was the first time we've done any package for Fantasmic so I don't really know. Based on the number of light up cups there wasn't too many dessert people. We definitely had some room around us the whole time. I feel like at fantasmic they usually pack us in like sardines and I at least felt like a half full sardine can in the dining section. I sit closer to my boyfriend on the bus than I did in fantasmic for reference.

This was the first time we've done any package for Fantasmic so I don't really know. Based on the number of light up cups there wasn't too many dessert people. We definitely had some room around us the whole time. I feel like at fantasmic they usually pack us in like sardines and I at least felt like a half full sardine can in the dining section. I sit closer to my boyfriend on the bus than I did in fantasmic for reference.

Thanks for the review. I have a 9 year old who loves Fantasmic but wants to always sit front row if possible. That was an option with this Dessert Party then? You weren't just restricted to the VIP seating area which is higher? Were you glad you were there at 7 because the area was filling up so quickly? I realize the value in doing the packages/parties but it drives me crazy that you still end up having to come so early! Thanks.

Water came with all of the boxes. They weren't full size but they weren't those tiny two sip bottles. They filled up probably 3/4 of our normal camelbacks bottles.

Thank you!

Thanks for the review. I have a 9 year old who loves Fantasmic but wants to always sit front row if possible. That was an option with this Dessert Party then? You weren't just restricted to the VIP seating area which is higher? Were you glad you were there at 7 because the area was filling up so quickly? I realize the value in doing the packages/parties but it drives me crazy that you still end up having to come so early! Thanks.

They actually blocked off the top 7 - 10 rows for some reason. We sat close-ish to the top as we made a speedy exit, but not at the top. I'm doing a terrible of explaining. I'm not sure if there was a limit to how low you could go. Tho I'd imagine as low as you wanted. I noticed by 7:30 it was filling up quickly. Plus I'd have had a hard time eating as it got darker, even just desserts.

Let's see if these pictures work now that I'm not on a bus. The crowd was at 7:17 btw

Attachments

• IMG_6934.PNG
    IMG_6934.PNG
    432.2 KB · Views: 194
  • IMG_6935.PNG
    IMG_6935.PNG
    358.9 KB · Views: 172
  • IMG_6936.PNG
    IMG_6936.PNG
    327.1 KB · Views: 187
They actually blocked off the top 7 - 10 rows for some reason. We sat close-ish to the top as we made a speedy exit, but not at the top. I'm doing a terrible of explaining. I'm not sure if there was a limit to how low you could go. Tho I'd imagine as low as you wanted. I noticed by 7:30 it was filling up quickly. Plus I'd have had a hard time eating as it got darker, even just desserts.

Let's see if these pictures work now that I'm not on a bus. The crowd was at 7:17 btw

Looks like great seats!

Welp, all these reviews have done it for me. Definitely going to keep our reservation.

Thanks everyone for sharing!

Dave Shute just released this review today.

http://**************.net/2017/09/27/review-the-fantasmic-dessert-and-vip-viewing-experience/

I am definitely thinking I will do it! I just wish my 11 year could have the kids box/price!

Thanks for the link! I'm definitely keeping it. We have a late breakfast at Cape May and plan to snack around for "dinner."

Hello!

I wanted to come over and share our experience with the VIP Experience!

We arrived around 7:05 - 7:10 to check in. And didn't have a wait or issue checking in. We did not ask if we could have shown up later but I think you can if you want. But as folks have mentioned above, you actually sit with the dinning package folks. So it is a big area. It was not overcrowded but if you want a specific area I would get there on the early side.

We sat about 4 rows up smack in the middle. It was perfect seating! And we somehow managed to not get anyone in the row directly in front of us, which was perfect for our girls.

If you aren't concerned about how high or low you want to be in the middle section, I really think you could show up 15 minutes before the show and find a seat.

When you check in, you will go to the area for fastness but stay to the left hand side. There will be a separate lane for the VIP-ers. You check in and are given these bad boys.
Disney_2017_VIP Fantasmic by Ariella Saucier, on Flickr
They gave us blue ribbon versions for the kids. They said they are for the kids specifically, so not sure if that is how they are distinguishing between over 21 and not?

You then walk a little farther and come to a cart set up to pick up all of your goods.

As folks have mentioned, the adult drink comes in a beer mug shaped plastic mug.
The Blue Drink was STRONG!!! I am not sure if it depends on whether they fill your cup up when it is full or towards the bottom but ours was potent! They were good. Reminded me of the drinks they serve at the Star Wars Dessert Party. Nothing fancy/special...

They have a nonalcoholic version for the under 21 folks. It was a mix of cranberry juice, pineapple juice and something else. My girls didn't really like it as they don't like cranberry juice. But they liked the cups. These cups were kind of boring looking but are pretty thick solid cups.

You collect your drinks and they had you a bag (or 2) with your desserts in them.

And the small bottles of water. I really appreciate the bag. Gives you something to carry your leftovers in. And you don't feel like you need to stuff your face silly to get your "money's worth".

The Adult Dessert Box:
Closed
And Open
It was a great variety, in my opinion. I like that they give you sweet and savory, too! It was def enough food!
Evil Queen's Apple Crisp: This was probably my favorite in the box. Very good!
Ursula's Cheesecake: I am not a big cheesecake fan but it was a decent My girls love the little pearls on top.
Maleficent's Chocolate Cupcake: This was a dense but moist cupcake with VERY thick frosting. The frosting was a dense buttercream, and I could see some not liking it but I loved it.
Strawberries: Always, always, always my favorite! These were standard chocolate covered strawberries but relish!
California Trail Mix: I am not a coconut fan, so I didn't eat mine but the little jar that is came in was perfect sized. I actually have it sitting on my desk at work, waiting for a day of desperate hunger.
Assorted Cheeses: your basic cubed cheese. Nothing special about it, just cheese.
Rice Chips: These were crisp when they gave us the box. But DH didn't eat his at the show and they got soft over night. But the little bag they came in was super cute!

The kids dessert box:
Closed
Open
Build-Your-Own Worms n Dirt: The girls ate this deconstructed but liked all of it. The chocolate pudding tasted like pudding you get in the snack packs in your school lunch.
Colors of the Wind Confetti Popcorn: This is same popcorn you get all around Disney World. And if you haven't had it... It is SUPER sweet!!!!!
Red Seedless Grapes: They were grapes... They were fresh and crisp as a grape should be. Better than the grapes they give with kids meals.
Sorcerer Mickey's Vanilla Cake: I didn't try this but my DD liked it.
My girls liked all of the options in the kid box and I think it was perfect for kids. Although, my DD said she wished she had a chocolate covered strawberry. As did I, as I ended up giving her one of mine.

They also gave you a card with what was in the boxes:

I will say that everything was packaged up well, and made it super easy to bring back to the hotel with us. DH & one of my DD didn't even touch there boxes while we were there. But snacked on them later that night and later in the week.

Overall, I think it was worth it for us. I wasn't interested in eating at the restaurants eligible for the Dinning package so this was perfect for us. This was our first time seeing the show as well, and was very happy to have great seats! It won't be for everyone but it's a nice alternative to the dinning packages and fast pass. And I believe the fast pass section is to the side? maybe?

I hope my review helps some of you decide what you want to do!

All of these reviews have convinced me to book for our October trip! Question - when I went to book, there were times of either 6:30 or 6:50. There is only one Fantasmic that night, at 7:30. Has anyone else seen this, or have any thoughts on why there would be two reservation times?

All of these reviews have convinced me to book for our October trip! Question - when I went to book, there were times of either 6:30 or 6:50. There is only one Fantasmic that night, at 7:30. Has anyone else seen this, or have any thoughts on why there would be two reservation times?

I saw that on for our dates; 2 choices of times. All I can figure is that they have the different times 20 minutes apart to just manage a possible crowd better?!? There is still only one scheduled time for Fantasmic.

Does anyone know what the blue drink has in it and if there are choices besides that and the cranberry non-alcoholic drink?

Someone referred to the blue drink as a margarita at some point. There was also a rumor of a bud light option - not sure if true.
Does anyone know what the blue drink has in it and if there are choices besides that and the cranberry non-alcoholic drink?

I believe the sign called it an Electric Margarita.... So it is probably Tequila and I would guess Berry Blue Juice? The sign didn't have a description of it.

There was also a rumor of a bud light option - not sure if true.
I personally notice an option for bud light. I would be surprised if there was, as the cart didn't seem very permeant. But I guess they could throw a keg in one of those carts... If there is, they didn't offer it to us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts