Fantasmic Dessert Buffet Open?

craig

Mouseketeer
I've never been to DL before so I'm not familiar with the layout. We've heard about the Fantasmic Dessert Buffet (balcony). It sounds like it's in the same building as Pirates? Will this also be closed during the Pirate rehab?

Our trip is June 6-11.

Thanks pirate:

The entrance is up the stairs to the Gallery so the buffet is not affected at all by the closure of Pirates or Blue Bayou.

Pirates will be closed while I'm there in April :sad1: But the balcony is open and I reservation for April 12th! Can't wait :cool1:

When exactly do you make ressies for The Dessert Buffet? Is it 30 days counting back...or the same date, but the previous month?

It's the same date the previous month even if it counts to more than 30 days. I made this mistake as well as someone else that I was corresponding with on this board....she missed out, while I was lucky enough to grab it on another day.

So if you want it on the 12th, call on the 12th the month before. :teeth: We really enjoyed it!

Yeah, I don't understand why they continue to say 30 days out instead of 1 month in advance, other then to throw people off.

I was going to do this, if I went for my Birthday but it turns out I will be going mid-week (if I go) and Fantasmic wont' be showing.

I've never herd of it... what stuff do they have and how much $$$ does it cost?

The cost for the buffett is equal to the cost of admission. Admission goes up, almost certainly the cost for this goes up as well. Not sure what a single day admission is but I think it is $54-$56.

tigger0215 said:
I've never herd of it... what stuff do they have and how much $$$ does it cost?
We had hot cocoa and soft drinks (none of us ordered coffee or tea so I am not sure if it is available but it probably is). There was small pastries (eclairs and other stuff) and cheesecake (YUMMM). they had a cake I am sure (chocolate?) and fruit and cheese I think. It was SO worth it. You must start calling at 8 am PST to get them, they go fast and I think it only seats about 20 per showing (21?). The area is small, we had 4 chairs and a small little table (don't think table but more a place to rest 4 cups and 3/4 of 1 plate). It was my b-day so i went for it, and I hadn't heard about it before either. not something I would do every trip, until my DD is older at least :teeth: (she was 15 mos and we had to carry her, luckily she fell asleep and my mom piggy-backed her, my DD loves it).

Yikes! I can't believe how much money I just spent for this dessert. Those had better be some decadent chocolate cakes for almost $250. I wasn't thrilled with paying that much for the 10:30 show but we are going April 10th and I imagine it will be getting crowded with other people on spring break.

If I'm going from June 10th (Sunday night) to June 14 (Thursday night) will Fantasmic be showing any of those nights? The calendar for June isn't up yet and I forget the schedule for June??

Mom2Joce said:
If I'm going from June 10th (Sunday night) to June 14 (Thursday night) will Fantasmic be showing any of those nights? The calendar for June isn't up yet and I forget the schedule for June??
Are any of these days weekends? If so then more then likely. If not then I wouldnt count on it.

You have to book your seats the month prior to the DAY you want to go. We were told 30 days and were really disappointed when we tried to book on day 30 to find that we should have done it on the day the month prior.

It doesn't hurt to try if you are past the 30 day window. I just got tickets on March 16th for a buffet on April 10th so it is definitely worth trying.

My sister did this as well. We called and could not get any, but when she called back a few days later, there were 2 tickets available on a different day. So always try! It is always easier to get tickets on nights where there are 2 shows.

And yes, they do have it on Sunday, at least when we went, but usually on Sunday only one show that night. They usually do not do fireworks on Sunday nights either (at least in slower seasons.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter