Fantasmic Dessert Buffet FAQ ~Update 5/2004~

The Disney Gallery has an elevator for guests with disabilities (or those that can't handle the stairs). I'm trying to remember but I don't think there was an obstruction on the floor at entryway to the balcony, so a wheelchair ought to be able to get there fine.

Although I'm guessing it would be a little more comfortable if they were able to leave the wheelchair in the gallery itself and then sit in a chair on the balcony.

Is there a bathroom right there? I mean, with all these drinks being served, I'm sure a potty break would be inevitable... at least for my crew!

I don't think so. DD had to go right before our seating and we had to go back in New Orleans somewhere.

<font color=navy>I think the closest restrooms would be the ones in New Orleans Square by the train station. However, if there is an emergency, you might pop in the Blue Bayou restaurant and use theirs.

the gallery desert/fantasmic viewing was the highlight of our visit to disneyland 2 years ago...
it was worth every penny and then some...
at the time we did it, they seated according to the order of arrival...it's nice that they've changed that...

our two kids sat in the front row and we were right behind them...
i could see fine from the second row...we also got to see the fireworks (i can't remember if it was before or after, but it was a beautiful view)...

all 4 of us enjoyed the entire experience immensely.....a perfect view.....no crowds (of course you had to fight the crowd afterwards, but at least not during the show)..
and like another poster said, the feeling of being special and pampered was wonderful....i would have been willing to pay twice the price....

<font color=navy>We had guests for about a week & a half, and of course, we had to do Disneyland/California Adventure. With only one day, I couldn't see waiting for hours, so I booked the premium seating. I tried for balcony seating, but the first show was booked within minutes of the phones opening up.

We had nice seats, and we could stay afterwards to watch the fireworks show. My guests thought it was great.

The CMs served the beverages before Fantasmic, and before the fireworks show. We could get up at any time to eat desserts.

We had balcony seats 1, 2, and 3. Things are a bit tight on the balcony with 21 seats -- I thought they only did 15 seats at one point, based on what I've heard on the boards, that would have been more comfy. It was ok, just tight.

However, the cast members, view, and the desserts were great! We were all invited to stay for the fireworks -- and it seemed as if they were launching them over the Rivers of America -- right in front of us. A wonderful bonus for those of us there for the 9 pm show.

Very worthwhile -- if Fantasmic is on your must-do list. I'd do it again.

Judy

My DS & I attended the balcony viewing 4 years ago and it was the highlight of our trip! I don't recall there being so many seats, I thought it was only around 15 then - I could be wrong though. Everything was awesome!

If you've got children (4 and 1), would it be better try to get the premium seating instead of the balcony seating? Thanks.

<font color=navy>Well, you would save about $20 if you did so. Really, the balcony seating is the prime seating, however, premium along the river is also a good spot. (Now, how helpful was That! ;) )

How about kids under the age of 2...do you have to pay for them if they sit in your lap???????

No. We have seats for next week and when I called I was told our two year old did not need a ticket.

Thanks! Now you're making me want to do this. LOL Originally, I wasn't going to simply because of the price, but it sounds like it would be worth the splurge! I'll be giving this some more thought! :)

I don't want to sound like a hog but there are 9 of us going in August (2 grandma's). What are the odds we could get that many seats on the balcony? Am I better off just trying for Riverside?

I wouldn't worry about being a balcony seating "hog" :). If you can get the seats go for it! I would call first thing in the morning 30 days out from the day you want to see the show. What a fun time for your family.

We're doing the cruise. It will be myself, DH, DS, DM, DMIL, 2 nieces and their parents. I know that my mother would never be able to sit on the ground to see Fantasmic and DS really doesn't want to sit there for 2 hours to get a good spot (Fantasmic is his FAVORITEEEE show).

I heard this week that the seating went up to 53.00 a seat for I believe its balcony- so just be advised :) They didnt book Riverside so I have no idea if that priced increased also...
-em

Hi! Could someone please tell me what are the times for the Fantasmic Dessert Buffet? I read this whole thread, thanks for all the helpful information, but I could not find the times.

Thanks so much!
Robin

Its usually *whenever* Fantasmic is showing that night (ie last week they had 1 show on Friday (9) 2 on Sat (9/10:30) and 2 on Sun (9/10:30)-- I *believe* they have F! scheduled to run most weekends till May and I think some weekdays get shows if they plan to be huge (Presidents Day week/Easter etc)

If you go when they have both fireworks and F! scheduled and they do the F!/Fireworks/F! thing then you get to stay in the balcony after the first show for the fireworks which is kinda nice :)

-em

Thanks so much Emily! We are arriving off the repositioning cruise on April 28th, which is a Holiday weekend so I'm sure they will have the 2 shows. Thanks again for the tips!

Robin

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter