Fantasmic Dessert Buffet FAQ ~Update 5/2004~

We just got a spur-of-the-moment trip opportunity today and nabbed it for Oct. 24-27th, 2003 -- Fantasmic is running three nights while we're there. I called and the Balcony seating is sold out; from what they told me since they don't offer refunds the only way we could get in is to "find" someone who has a reservation but doesn't want it. Any chance someone on these boards double-booked and would like me to take one of their reservations? Please PM me!

Michelle

The desert buffett sounds kind of hokey. I guess paying $42 per person, I would expect all you can eat and an endless supply. And for Disney, I would especially expect them to offer you service like you were in first class on Virgin. Also, if they are just generic, thaw out type deserts, that doesn't sound like quality either. Sounds like a botch job that could be done with a lot more class.

My view is "don't knock it till you have tried it" and lucky bunny sounds like you haven't tried it. The dessert were made in Club 33 so they were not "frozen generic things". They had wait staff that was at our beck and call the entire performance. The view is something you can't imagine unless you have seen it. I am not saying I would pay this price for every performance but for a one time thing it was well worth the money.::yes:: :earsgirl: ::yes::

Thanks, that sounds much different than how it was originally described. I don't at all doubt that the view is an experience and worth the price. Do, however, the deserts run out? Are they kept refreshed throughout or are they first come or your outta luck?

There is an ample supply - a very nice spread. Our experience is similar to Diane's.

I feel like it is buying 2-3 hours of quality park time. It used to be that an hour ahead of time you could stake out a really decent seat. The last time I went the time was more like 3 hours. The desserts and the service are fabulous, but I am buying park time.

I actually have to disagree slightly with year2late. I visit the park about twice a year and I pay for my friends/family to attend the dessert buffet each time. What I disagree with is the Ample food statement, I have been there when there has been ample food and I have been there when we were able to get one plate and then they never replenished the trays. I don't know where the inconsistancy lies but I have experienced it both ways. My original post on this thread was just after one of the times when they did not replenish the trays and they cleaned up very quickly after the food was gone. Granted we were running a bit late due to a unexpected confrence call at the grand Californian I was on, but I still expected there to be more! Only because I had been before and there was a lot more. I was disappointed b/c it was the first time that I had been able to take my brother and his family (wife and two young daughters). Now that I have said that, please know that I think it is very worth the money and I have gone back since this experience and I will continue to go to the back to the buffet!

I am sorry you had a bad experience, but when I have been there was an obscene amount of desserts.

Forgive me if I offended you Year2late it was not my intention. Like I said I have been there since and I will continue to go.... I also said that I only disagreed slightly with you and I said that I was late, and that I too have been there when there was plenty of food. I am not trying to discorage anyone from going, I am just telling both sides to the story. Like I said in my last post, I have go quite often (more then most here have been) and I will continue to go!

It's been another 4 months since anyone has posted, so I wanted to check to be sure that everything is still up-to-date.

*It is still 30 days to call, right?
*Do the phone lines open at 7:00 AM, like in Disney World? If so, I assume it is 7:00 AM, PST?
*How soon do they post Fantasmic dates/times? I am going in mid-July - will they have Fantasmic every night?

Thanks bunches for your responses!!

Hubby, sis and I went to the fantasmic buffet last weekend. Here is what we experienced. We called that morning and got 3 seats by the river. We sat in 2nd row--great view.

Deserts were all-you-can eat and included-chocolate covered strawberries, raspberry filled cookies, biscotti (i think), mickey shaped rice crispie bars and macaroons. Also, water, soda, coffee, cocoa as much as you wanted/

It cost us $47 each and we paid outside at Guest Services and got tickets that we turned in.

we loved it!

Is it still first come first seated? I read on another board that they assign you seats on the balcony in the order you call for your tickets. I would much prefer that, because the whole point of the balcony for me is NOT staking out a spot early... if I have to arrive at the balcony an hour ahead of time in order not to watch through people's heads, I probably won't even do it.

Two questions...

1) Are there two seating spots now for Fantasmic - one on the balcony and one by the river? If so, are both buffets or are they "pre-plated" (I think I've read of a dessert box)?

2) Can you call for tickets 30 or 60 days out? I've read 30 days in this thread. But aren't DL PS 60 days for everything else?

Okay, that turned into 4 questions. But two main areas.

Thanks

Yes, there are two.

I think they have experimented with the box versus buffet at the seating by the river. I don't know what they're currently doing.

30 days.

We're going to do this in July and need a few opinions,please.

How do the two seating areas compare for view? A good seat is our priority.

If you get a second row seat, how much worse is that view?

Are there only two rows? In which case if we do get The Hulk in front row, can we stand to see round him?

We don't want to pay that much for four and then have to stake out in line just to get an adeqaute view.

Thanks in advance.

I don't want "the seat" I want "a seat" without wasting 3 hours of my precious life.;) This past year, staking out for fanstasmic viewing spots has gotten more than out of hand. :( . Peopel have resorted to leaving unattended strollers and blankets in walkway hours ahead of time. I get tempted to round 'em up and send them to lost and found. ;)

While first row balcony is a great thing, we totally enjoyed the Riverside reserved. Both times we were allowed to stay for fireworks after. I think 3 hours of my life and sanity back is worth the money.

a couple of questions:
Do you tip the servers?
Is there any kind of discount if your in a Disney hotel?
DVC members discount?
Its a lot of money on top of passes but it sounds like its worth it.
Seen it 3 or 4 times at WDW and cant wait to see it at DL.
Thanks
Tony and Debbie

We are planning a family trip to DL next year.
Someone in our party uses a wheelchair.
I would love to surprise everyone with this Dessert Buffet but I am wondering if any of the Dessert Buffet areas are Handicap Accessible? If they all are, do you suggest one over another.

We have one member in our family with a wheelchair.
They can get up and walk around and sit in a regular chair if necessary (they just can't walk the entire park all day and have trouble with a lot of stairs) .

Any help/info would be great. I would hate to plan something this great and it not be comfortable to everyone in the party.

Yes there are 2 types of reserved seating balcony and riverside. Balcony seats you in the order the reservation was made, riverside seats you in order of checkin on the night of the show. My husband and I had the pleasure of having balcony seats on Sunday May 9th 2004.

We were the first caller for reservations so we were the first seated. We were seated at the far west side of the balcony. Absolutely perfect view. The chairs were arranged in small groups by party and each party shared a small bistro type table just large enough for plates and drinks. As soon as you are seated they take your drink order- sodas, coffee, hot chocolate, tea, water or mint juleps. You then proceed to a beautifully arranged buffet. We had chocolate cake, cheesecake, petit fors, mini eclairs, fruit skewers, cracker and cheese platter, and warm cinnamon sugar fritters served with a hot apple and custard sauce on the side. Many people went back for seconds and there was plenty of food. the CMs were fabulous and kept our drinks replenished.

It was truly more than a seat and dessert -it was an experience - as you felt so pampered. The only downsides were that it was hard to see the end of the Peter pan scene as the Columia sailed past the large lighting tower, the view of the ship is obstructed. Also there is a small bright light from the projector that shines onto the water screen. You notice it but then ignore it, it is not that distracting.

I highly highly reccomend it. You are not packed up there as I anticipated. As I said, every party was arranged in their own private "semicircle", so you have a small path between each group. The presentation, service, desserts, and view are fabulous! I would call early though, the front seats were best. Children in the back row had to stand, but all the adults seemed happy.

definately worth trying once! It is very special!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter