"Fancy restaurant"

Neesy228

DIS Veteran
My DD7 asked me if we could go to a "fancy restaurant" when I asked her where she would like to eat for our trip. We've done all the princess meals numerous times, and she's not interested doing a character meal this time...just "something fancy."

We have two boys who are not going to be interested in "something fancy" at all! Is there somewhere I'm not thinking of that may make everyone happy? (All that's coming to mind is possibly Chefs.) Somewhere that looks fancy to a little girl, but isn't going to completely torture her brothers?

It has to be one TS credit as well, so no signatures.

Thanks in advance :)

If it has re-opened by the time you are there, California Grill would fit the bill. The location and the view will appeal to the boys who may overlook the fact that the restaurant is nicer than they had hoped for. And it definitely will seem "fancy" to your DD.

Other possibilites where the atmosphere might fool your sons and still please your daughter:
Chefs de France
La Hacienda
San Angel Inn
Tutto Italia
Brown Derby

we really enjoyed Chefs- and the boys will enjoy seeing Remy if you can get the timing o your ADR to match his schedule.

If it has re-opened by the time you are there, California Grill would fit the bill.

The OP specifically stated no signatures- it has to be a one-credit place.
California Grill is a two-credit, signature restaurant.

What about the Coral Reef? I can't remember offhand whether it is a signature or not so apologies if it is. I actually have not ever loved a meal there but lots of people like it and it is a very cool atmosphere. Have fun!! :)

Chefs de France seems to cater to everyone. Very kid friendly but they have some more fancy dishes on the adult menu, and the atmosphere is beautiful.

Kouzzina is also very nice. Beautiful inside, a more quiet restaurant yet kid friendly. Just a 5-minute walk or short boat ride from Epcot, on the boardwalk.

What about Jiko, it's a signature and has a dress code. It has great food, is fancy but a fancy type that the boys will like as it has an African theme. It's located in AKL so you could always explore the resort as well.

I think Chefs de France looks the fanciest from the outside. San Angel Inn has a nice interior.

I think Sanaa has the fanciest food/presentation and with a window table overlooking the animals on the savannah, the boys might like it too.

Grand Floridian Cafe is very fancy, and one of our favourite restaurants. I'm sure all your kids will love it! It is inside the Grand Floridian too, which adds another element of 'fanciness' to the restaurant. It's so elegant and light and airy and the food is great. A hidden gem IMO!

Chefs De France is nice, but doesn't strike me as being particularly 'fancy'. It's a little and quaint French cafe. Going to a Deluxe resort would probably be a good idea. The GFC is a great choice IMO. They have cute chocolate Mickey figures for dessert if I remember correctly, which your boys might like.

Be Our Guest is fancy too but not sure how easy it'd be to get an ADR there for you. It's very difficult.

Meg~ Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

California Grill is a two-credit, signature restaurant.

Do we know for sure that's what it will be?

CA Grill has been a signature (or equivalent) for as long as I remember (even back when it was called "Top of the World", at least for dinner). Personally, I don't see any reason why it wouldn't continue to be a signature place after the refurbishment.

Here are the chocolate mickeys we got (I think they come with a dessert but we just asked for one each!) Sorry it's a bit blurry...

IMG_5343.jpg

CA Grill has been a signature for as long as I remember (even back when it was called "Top of the World", at least for dinner). Personally, I don't see any reason why it wouldn't continue to be a signature place after the refurbishment.

Yup, and it's so popular I don't think they'd want to change it anyway! :)

I would suggest Chefs or Coral Reef. I think Chefs would be "fancier" for your daughter and everyone will love Remy but Coral Reef will be "fancy" for a kid as well and the boys will LOVE the aquarium.

I think Sanaa or the Grand Floridian Cafe would be great. Also, is there any chance you could "ditch" the boys for a few hours? If so, then I say take DD to the Garden View Tea Room at the GF for afternoon tea (not the insanely expensive princess party tea, just the normal make an ADR tea). It's super girly and a lot of fun for a little girl who likes "fancy."

I think Sanaa or the Grand Floridian Cafe would be great. Also, is there any chance you could "ditch" the boys for a few hours? If so, then I say take DD to the Garden View Tea Room at the GF for afternoon tea (not the insanely expensive princess party tea, just the normal make an ADR tea). It's super girly and a lot of fun for a little girl who likes "fancy."

I agree about the Garden View Tea Room. We were considering making an ADR for our upcoming trip but didn't want to pay the money having the deluxe dining plan!

It would be interesting to see how 'British' the tea was too! My dad loves scones, as do I. Eating at the Rose and Crown was a little disappointing, authenticity wise.

I'm not sure when it opens, but the Neverland Club at the Polynesian is very popular with kids. You could drop the boys off there and spend time with just your daughter. :)

Nice of people to post about the nicer restaurants and include ones that are specifically kid-friendly. That is a terrific idea. The children will need to have their "fancy" manners in effect so everyone at the restaurant will be able to enjoy it. I'm sure they'll enjoy whatever you choose.

What about Jiko, it's a signature and has a dress code. It has great food, is fancy but a fancy type that the boys will like as it has an African theme. It's located in AKL so you could always explore the resort as well.

op said no signatures

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter