Family of 5 - Want Value Resort Prices

I'm glad you put the IMO behind your statement, because IMO, the "Disney Bubble" is NOT hogwash. I don't get to visit often, so when I go, I want and need to be surrounded by everything Disney. We dine offsite for our meals because of our kosher diet, so that's when the bubble goes bye-bye....but as soon as I drive back on property, all is good. We are a family of 3, so we aren't "cramped" in the least. I know very well that I could save TONS of money and do something offsite, but considering my family can't take advantage of any breakfast things offered at said hotel, then onsite at Disney is the way to go for us. Also, because I'm a resident, I'm lucky to get great deals on the value resorts anyway. Also, not having to pay for parking is nice. Over 4 days, I'd be paying $100 for that as well as what I pay to park at the resort now. I think the values are $15 a day. So that's $60 of my money gone for resort parking. I'm okay with that over $160 for both.
By no means and I'm saying to you that you're wrong about the Disney Bubble....we all have our opinions and are entitled to state them as we wish. :goodvibes I just needed to chime in with mine. I've been a full time teacher these last 3 years and for me that bubble is what I need especially after the year I've had this year. :scared1:

While your experience is valid, it's not really relevant to this thread, which is not a generic offsite vs onsite debate. It's great that you don't find 3 people cramped in a room meant for 4, but OP has 5 people in her family, and people suggesting she go offsite are trying to find a solution to her problem. As a family of 5 exceeds the occupancy allowance for a single room at a value resort, and OP seems to be having a hard time finding the budget for a moderate that will hold them all, her options are to move her dates or move offsite. Moving offsite is the easier of the two. People are trying to reassure her that her family can still have a good trip and stay within their budget.

I dunno. Tone can be hard to read on the internet, so maybe you're not trying to gloat. But it comes off as insensitive at least to make a post all about how amazing and affordable it is to stay in one value room (that you get a great resident rate on, no less), when OP started this thread because she's upset that her family is no longer ABLE to do exactly that.

While your experience is valid, it's not really relevant to this thread, which is not a generic offsite vs onsite debate. It's great that you don't find 3 people cramped in a room meant for 4, but OP has 5 people in her family, and people suggesting she go offsite are trying to find a solution to her problem. As a family of 5 exceeds the occupancy allowance for a single room at a value resort, and OP seems to be having a hard time finding the budget for a moderate that will hold them all, her options are to move her dates or move offsite. Moving offsite is the easier of the two. People are trying to reassure her that her family can still have a good trip and stay within their budget.

I dunno. Tone can be hard to read on the internet, so maybe you're not trying to gloat. But it comes off as insensitive at least to make a post all about how amazing and affordable it is to stay in one value room (that you get a great resident rate on, no less), when OP started this thread because she's upset that her family is no longer ABLE to do exactly that.

My apologies. Not my intent at all. I hope the OP didn't think I was directing that towards them. I was just trying to point out things I disagreed with in the quoted post. :sad1: :guilty:

We are a family of 5. Staying on property to have fp at 60 days vs 30 is worth it to us. Kids want to do certain rides and we tend to rope drop but getting fp guarantees we get those rides if we want to sleep in or just relax getting ready vs getting up early and being at the gates before the park opens. We don’t rent a car so the parking doesn’t affect our decision. Also we stay on property to have ME so we don’t need a rental car. That alone saves us quite a bit. Not sure what your budget is but sometimes you can rent Dvc pretty cheap. I’ve seen as low as $8 a point. Also like staying on property so if one of us wants to stay late and watch fireworks we can while the other can go back to the room. If we were offsite we wouldn’t be able to split up unless where you stay has a shuttle.
Shades of green if you qualify is an option though I’ve found POR with deals cheaper.

We're a family of 6 so this has been our complaint for years. We use to stay at moderates that slept 5 but then #6 came along and we had to increase to a 2 bedroom DVC or 2 studios/standard rooms. Or like others we stay off-site. Our family has camped at Ft. Wilderness, but camping in the rain and heat isn't fun. The fort is nice though!. The cabins there are also great and we liked the space.

OP seems to have orphaned their thread, but for what it's worth, renting a DVC studio that sleeps 5 is probably an even better deal than Moderate or a Value Suite.

I'm booked two nights in October at AoA for $966 total (tax-in) because it works for us having the separate sleeping room, but if we were so inclined, we could rent a Polynesian studio (with the pull-down bed for 5th sleeper) for the same nights for only $646. A 1 bedroom non-view at AK Kidani would be $901. Mind you eventually there will be some discount to apply to our AoA stay where there isn't right now, but there's definitely "value" out there in DVC-land.

We are a family of five. Our youngest is 1 but I’m already worried about when she is three and “counts” toward the total in the room. I see several people mentioned renting dvc points. Can someone point me in the direction of where I can learn about this? Totally new to me and I’m not sure where to start.

We are a family of five. Our youngest is 1 but I’m already worried about when she is three and “counts” toward the total in the room. I see several people mentioned renting dvc points. Can someone point me in the direction of where I can learn about this? Totally new to me and I’m not sure where to start.

We’ve used DVC Rental Store & loved them! Many folks also like David’s or renting direct from an owner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!