• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Facebook?

The US Government has implanted a device that controls my thoughts. I am not paranoid. I am not paranoid. I am not paranoid.

I *just* got off the phone with my little brother, and we were joking about this. He's all into texting, I'm still into email (so 20th century), and our parents are happy they use a cell phone. We were saying communication's getting so much more immediate (and we mentioned FB, too) that soon we'll just go with the implants to communicate with each other.

Well, let's look at that in comparison then... Here, when you get a lively debate or a snarky fest, people run to the moderators and tattletale and they take the whole thread down. Here, you are not allowed to talk about politics, unless you are someone named in my signature, or religion because everyone took it too far one way or the other and it all got out of hand. Here, things are bland because people censor themselves in what they can and cannot say (I don't fall in that category!). For me, it is a no-brainer why the people here found out real names (the people that didn't already know each other personally that meet up already) and talk on FB. If we want to chat (which could never be on the DIS chat because we always get kicked out), we put out the "bat-signal" on FB and everyone comes running to talk.

I still think it is quite interesting that the people who are on FB are the real "fiends" IMHO. They are the people who, either have, or will hang out with people and not just run their mouth on the boards.

What exactly are you tryin to say here, Jen?

What exactly are you tryin to say here, Jen?

:lmao::lmao:

Oh it don't matter what other people think they know or believe about religion or politics,,,pretty much the stuff thats in my head is the way things are, and I'm more than willing to tell ya about'em too ,,
course I have been told that my opinions are pretty much worth what ya pay for them,,whatta ya spose they mean by that :confused3

I am not on FB for personal reasons, which have nothing to do with any Fiends. And yet I consider myself a Fiend, I have met several other Fiends, and I have camped with several other Fiends. I hope to do more of that in the future. I didn't think I needed to be on FB to be a Fiend. :confused3

I am good at running my mouth however.

To be honest, I've thought about getting on FB just to get to know many of you Fiends better. Beyond being Fiends, I consider many of you my friends. But I just am not into the FB thing.

In fact, I think it is a Bilderburg plot to control our minds. :rolleyes1

I think you do quite well in the snarky department and do consider you a fiend, because YOU MEET PEOPLE, you don't stalk, and you don't just lurk on the boards/internet. If I just came off as being a facebook snob, I am sorry. I was referring to the thread.

oh h*ll Jen,,anyone who can start a thread about clothesline abuse and GREEN THONGS can't possibly be a snob of any sort !

Well, let's look at that in comparison then... Here, when you get a lively debate or a snarky fest, people run to the moderators and tattletale and they take the whole thread down. Here, you are not allowed to talk about politics, unless you are someone named in my signature, or religion because everyone took it too far one way or the other and it all got out of hand. Here, things are bland because people censor themselves in what they can and cannot say (I don't fall in that category!). For me, it is a no-brainer why the people here found out real names (the people that didn't already know each other personally that meet up already) and talk on FB. If we want to chat (which could never be on the DIS chat because we always get kicked out), we put out the "bat-signal" on FB and everyone comes running to talk.

I still think it is quite interesting that the people who are on FB are the real "fiends" IMHO. They are the people who, either have, or will hang out with people and not just run their mouth on the boards.

Ouch. :sad1:

:wave2: I'm still here. I thought I was a fiend. :confused3
Then again, go figure.. I'm always the last to know.:laughing:

I certainly do understand the attraction to FB though.
Who knows..maybe one of these days.

Oh..and if you haven't noticed.. I've got a new tag. Seems it's official. I'm the Underwear Fairy!:laundy: Bland my a$$!:rotfl:

(okay..so, I'm easily amused :sad2:)

I think you do quite well in the snarky department and do consider you a fiend, because YOU MEET PEOPLE, you don't stalk, and you don't just lurk on the boards/internet. If I just came off as being a facebook snob, I am sorry. I was referring to the thread.

I guess I've been a bit sheltered from the "weirdness" some of you have experienced. The stalking in particular is a bit creepy. Ok, it's very creepy. But I guess I only get to the Fort once a year or so, so the stalkers haven't found me or don't care about me. Hopefully it's the latter.

Oh, and ME snarky? Never! :rotfl2:

The one thing I would enjoy more on FB is being able to express my true views on politics and religion. Although I scare some people. They say I make Glenn Beck look like a bleeding heart liberal.

I mainly haven't gotten on as I'd rather not revisit my past, especially high school. I much prefer the present.

Maybe I will sign up with a fake name. Like Dave Snowhitesux.

I only get stalked by this guy with pink toenails, mooching beer. Whether I'm on disboards or FB is of no consequence. This guy just walks into my site and before he says "hi", he says, "Hey, gotta a cold beer?" I guess the word "hey" is redneck-speak for "hi"!! :rotfl2:

I only get stalked by this guy with pink toenails, mooching beer. Whether I'm on disboards or FB is of no consequence. This guy just walks into my site and before he says "hi", he says, "Hey, gotta a cold beer?" I guess the word "hey" is redneck-speak for "hi"!! :rotfl2:

I think I get stalked by this same guy, but he goes one step further and stays in my camper, so he takes our beer and then sleeps on our bed. I think he is going to change his toenails to purple, he saw another guy with purple toenails and really liked it.

I know that guy! He stalked me for beer too, and spare keys to my camper. Never figured that out cause he didn't sleep in our beds. Aren't the purple toes gonna have sparkles in them like pixie dust? pixiedust:

Isn't this the same guy who has been braggin' on the boards that he has been moochin' campsites off peoples and plans to mooch a site off peoples Labor Day with his pop up? I know this dude...he eats my food and tries to kill waverunners.

Ouch. :sad1:

:wave2: I'm still here. I thought I was a fiend. :confused3
Then again, go figure.. I'm always the last to know.:laughing:

I certainly do understand the attraction to FB though.
Who knows..maybe one of these days.

Oh..and if you haven't noticed.. I've got a new tag. Seems it's official. I'm the Underwear Fairy!:laundy: Bland my a$$!:rotfl:

(okay..so, I'm easily amused :sad2:)

Crap, I didn't even see your post until now. Phyllis is the exception to the FB rule. She calls on the phone. Whenever Auntie needs help, she calls in the troops via the old phone lines. She don't need no stinkin' Facebook!:rotfl2:

PS-How did you get to be the underwear fairy? Did you lose a contest of some sort?

;)
ok, I am not a snob....but I am quite snarky;)

What!? I never picked up on that! :lmao:

The one thing I would enjoy more on FB is being able to express my true views on politics and religion. Although I scare some people. They say I make Glenn Beck look like a bleeding heart liberal.

I mainly haven't gotten on as I'd rather not revisit my past, especially high school. I much prefer the present.

Maybe I will sign up with a fake name. Like Dave Snowhitesux.

1. I ain't skeered. Glenn Beck rocks.

2. Well, I've actually enjoyed catching up with old friends on FB, but I also keep up with new ones too.

3. You have Snow White confused with Nancy Pelosi.

Oh, BTW, I'm a real Fiend and I'm on Facebook.

I didn't know you could say crap on here.
If you can only do one, Disboards or FB, which one is best for Fiends?

Yuppers, you can say crap, and you can say, poop, snot, and boogers too, :rolleyes1

Best for the fiends,,Disboards of course !
Facebook is just a fad.

Crap, I didn't even see your post until now. Phyllis is the exception to the FB rule. She calls on the phone. Whenever Auntie needs help, she calls in the troops via the old phone lines. She don't need no stinkin' Facebook!:rotfl2:

PS-How did you get to be the underwear fairy? Did you lose a contest of some sort?

I hate texting by the way too. Although..I admit, I do text my kids. Otherwise I'd never hear back from them. pirate:
This week..I'm due for a new phone ...drum roll please......
I'm getting a phone with a KEY BOARD:scared1:..(yeah, I know..very high tech for me.:laughing:)

Underwear fairy is a badge of honor..(or so I tell myself :sad2:) some 30 plus years of doing laundry every evening.:laundy: Seems I'm a professional cleaner of skid marks..:scared: My older son once told me that there appeared to be an "underwear drought"..then lo and behold he prayed to the "underwear fairy"..and the very next morning. pixiedust:Wallah!...clean underwear appeared in his drawers (so to speak..:laughing:). Thus the story of underwear magically appearing in our home. Heartwarnming isn't it. :rolleyes: I think the Hallmark Hall of Fame may be making a movie. :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter