Extended evening hours for DVC & Deluxe Guests only starting Oct

I hope they list which parks for which dates soon. We are going Christmas week and I want to make sure I have the parks booked according to the available EMH evening dates available. I’m not getting hoppers so I want to change plans if necessary before park reservations are all gone.

Wonder if they will make this into a direct vs. resale benefit at some point?
My guess is that they would really like to make this a blue card perk, but its implementation would be a nightmare. Currently probably under 3% of owners don't have a blue card, at any time the vast majority of owners would have access. Checking the card status at each attraction every night or distributing a bracelet would take time and money, not worth it.

My guess is that they would really like to make this a blue card perk, but its implementation would be a nightmare. Currently probably under 3% of owners don't have a blue card, at any time the vast majority of owners would have access. Checking the card status at each attraction every night or distributing a bracelet would take time and money, not worth it.
I think your right.

You can show the image on your phone if you don’t have the physical card. Where did you get the 3% number from?

You can show the image on your phone if you don’t have the physical card. Where did you get the 3% number from?
Anyone who can use PowerPoint can create a fake screenshot with his name. Moreover there is the cost of training all CM. An automatic system should be implemented, but it has to work with all different types of media (MB, KTTW card, apple watch etc) and then there is customer support for those for whom it doesn't work and deal with complaints.

It has been estimated that around 1% of DVC contracts are sold every year. A good proportion of which are bought as add-ons. So 3% is a semi random number, might be a bit more or a bit less, but that is the order of magnitude, not 50% or 25%.

Anyone who can use PowerPoint can create a fake screenshot with his name. Moreover there is the cost of training all CM. An automatic system should be implemented, but it has to work with all different types of media (MB, KTTW card, apple watch etc) and then there is customer support for those for whom it doesn't work and deal with complaints.

It has been estimated that around 1% of DVC contracts are sold every year. A good proportion of which are bought as add-ons. So 3% is a semi random number, might be a bit more or a bit less, but that is the order of magnitude, not 50% or 25%.
Still not seeing where you are getting this data from. I have used my blue card image multiple times with no issue. I mean Disney gives you the ability to download it. So what is the big deal?

Still not seeing where you are getting this data from. I have used my blue card image multiple times with no issue. I mean Disney gives you the ability to download it. So what is the big deal?
I think it could become an issue due to more and more dvc owners are resale thus no blue card. So if folks want to "fake" one they can.. but I never read anything on people doing that. Also this perk is not meant to be dvc exclusive. Disney wants folks to fill up the top cost rooms that's all. I would not be surprised if they add suites soon from AoA and such.

1% sold every year; where did you find that statistic? That seems really low, even if you are only counting resales.

ROFR accounts for under 10% of resales, so even if your 1% figure is correct, 0.9% represent resales sold EACH YEAR. In order to make your 3% claim work you'd have to assume that virtually every resale is going to a blue card holder because, since automatic blue card ended (April 2016), and the requirement for a certain number of qualifying points began (first 25, then 100, then 125, and now 150), resale-only members are becoming more abundant each year. While I agree that it's not likely 25%-50% of all DVC members, it could easily be 10% or more.

I was a resale-only member for several months before I bought my "qualifying" points, which at that time was only 25 points. After September 2018, when the number of qualifying points jumped to 100, I doubt that most white card members did an add-on to get a blue card. At the current 150 qualifying points requirement, about the only resale-only members who are adding on at that volume of points direct are ones who are buying a second resort such as Riviera.

Well, it's not a DVC perk at all. It's a deluxe hotel perk, which includes the DVC hotels because they're considered deluxe by Disney's standards, and DVC members not staying in a "Disney Deluxe or Deluxe Villa" (DVC) resort aren't eligible no matter what the color of their membership card. This benefit is about Disney trying to incentivize people to stay at their deluxe hotels. It's not really about DVD trying to incentivize people to buy DVC direct. So a lot would have to change before it became a white card/blue card issue.

If you peeked at the machine that used to check EMH back in the day, it could see what hotel you were staying at and whether you were DVC. They already know who is DVC and who is your guest. Your auntie will still show up as non-DVC, whether she is staying in your GV or you booked her somewhere.

If you made auntie's Blue Card reservation, I guess you are proposing some kind of special thing that gives powers to auntie when you made her a reservation with magical Blue Card points? Like giving Blue Card benefits to a non-member? Or, it should be for only Blue Card, so you just leave auntie in the GV while only the Blue Card holders ride Slinky Dog for an hour with the Four Seasons people? I can't think of another situation where the Blue Card allows you to give a benefit to a third party. Even the golf discount or whatever, you need to be there.

I'm just thrilled this will work for White Card. The late night EMH are the only reason my spouse flipped to be on board.

When I joined the DISboards and started my researched on buying DVC a statistic was often quoted that DVC members keep their contracts for an average of 10 years. But this was never corroborated by an actually statistic.
So a guy wrote some code to download data from the OC website. Sorry I'm too lazy to look for the thread as I'm on my phone.
He considered all DVC transaction where Disney was neither the buyer (meaning a ROFRed contract) or the seller (a direct purchase).
He discovered that on average for sold out resorts 1% of contracts are sold each year. This is lower for newer resorts and slightly higher or older resorts (aas expected, so it accelerated a bit over time) but at the time 1% was the global average. This was one order of magnitude less than expected and disproved that "10 years average" statistic which is now no longer used. The board sponsor at the time chimed in saying that for the contracts they sell, they see an average of 10 years, but that doesn't take into consideration contracts that are never sold.
Maybe it's not an exact statistic, even if it's 2% and not 1% it still shows how members are more loyal that thought and a testament to the success of the program.
Also, it makes sense: resale prices are high because demand outstrips offer because people tend to keep their contracts for a long time.

I am not going to say that 3% is certainly right, might be 4% or 5%. We will never know, unless someone is going to analyze every contract sold on the OC website, checking which contracts are add-ons of people who already qualify for the card (I'd say an impossible task).

I've seen some stats on foreclosure at 5%-ish. Disney takes back a significant amount of DVC. Nice, eh?

If you peeked at the machine that used to check EMH back in the day, it could see what hotel you were staying at and whether you were DVC. They already know who is DVC and who is your guest. Your auntie will still show up as non-DVC, whether she is staying in your GV or you booked her somewhere.

If you made auntie's Blue Card reservation, I guess you are proposing some kind of special thing that gives powers to auntie when you made her a reservation with magical Blue Card points? Like giving Blue Card benefits to a non-member? Or, it should be for only Blue Card, so you just leave auntie in the GV while only the Blue Card holders make trouble? I can't think of another situation where the Blue Card allows you to give a benefit to a third party. Even the golf discount or whatever, you need to be there.

I'm just thrilled this will work for White Card. The late night EMH are the only reason my spouse flipped to be on board.
Good point about the guests, that's why I say I think they have evaluated it being a perk for blue card holders and passed on the opportunity because it's too difficult to enforce.

When I joined the DISboards and started my researched on buying DVC a statistic was often quoted that DVC members keep their contracts for an average of 10 years. But this was never corroborated by an actually statistic.
So a guy wrote some code to download data from the OC website. Sorry I'm too lazy to look for the thread as I'm on my phone.
He considered all DVC transaction where Disney was neither the buyer (meaning a ROFRed contract) or the seller (a direct purchase).
He discovered that on average for sold out resorts 1% of contracts are sold each year. This is lower for newer resorts and slightly higher or older resorts (aas expected, so it accelerated a bit over time) but at the time 1% was the global average. This was one order of magnitude less than expected and disproved that "10 years average" statistic which is now no longer used. The board sponsor at the time chimed in saying that for the contracts they sell, they see an average of 10 years, but that doesn't take into consideration contracts that are never sold.
Maybe it's not an exact statistic, even if it's 2% and not 1% it still shows how members are more loyal that thought and a testament to the success of the program.
Also, it makes sense: resale prices are high because demand outstrips offer because people tend to keep their contracts for a long time.

I am not going to say that 3% is certainly right, might be 4% or 5%. We will never know, unless someone is going to analyze every contract sold on the OC website, checking which contracts are add-ons of people who already qualify for the card (I'd say an impossible task).
I would think you would need to count all contracts that are resold including the ones DVD ROFR to see what the average is for how long someone holds onto the contract and what percentage is sold each year.

Well, it's not a DVC perk at all. It's a deluxe hotel perk, which includes the DVC hotels because they're considered deluxe by Disney's standards, and DVC members not staying in a "Disney Deluxe or Deluxe Villa" (DVC) resort aren't eligible no matter what the color of their membership card. This benefit is about Disney trying to incentivize people to stay at their deluxe hotels. It's not really about DVD trying to incentivize people to buy DVC direct. So a lot would have to change before it became a white card/blue card issue.
exactly! LOL. I'm happy to see someone else figured this out.

I doubt it, but they will for sure use it as a way to help sell DVC contracts.

If this perk is here to stay, it's one of the best ones DVC has ever had.
This is not a a DVC perk. Anyone staying at a Deluxe or Deluxe Villa qualifies. Cash or Points, it does not matter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter