• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Extended evening hours for DVC & Deluxe Guests only starting Oct

Has anyone been able to confirm DVC owners using points to stay at a DVC resort get this perk? Or is it guests staying cash only at DVC resorts? The wording of the announcement feels strange to me.

Has anyone been able to confirm DVC owners using points to stay at a DVC resort get this perk? Or is it guests staying cash only at DVC resorts? The wording of the announcement feels strange to me.

Those staying at Deluxe and Deluxe Villa resorts. All DVC resorts are Deluxe Villa, so anyone staying there are included. Nothing about how you paid.

Those staying at Deluxe and Deluxe Villa resorts. All DVC resorts are Deluxe Villa, so anyone staying there are included. Nothing about how you paid.
Thanks - I must admit I am not wholly trusting of the Mouse corporation in terms of certain things! So my first thought was of course it’s only for cash guests but my second thought was there’s no way the IT department will be able to sort cash vs point paying guests at the turnstiles.

Amazing news.

Was just saying how I like the morning hour changes and now with this it's icing on the cake for those who prefer evening hours and even better possibly than the only evening hours since it's more limited.

What about direct vs resale reservations? I am assuming it will make no difference?

What about direct vs resale reservations? I am assuming it will make no difference?
I would assume the same. :-)
It says: "Another new perk has been announced for those staying at Disney Deluxe Resort Hotels and Deluxe Resort Villas. These guests will also be able to enjoy extended evening hours on select nights in select parks. This is a big benefit for Disney Vacation Club members and anyone who opts to stay in the deluxe category."
Direct vs resale isn't a difference, it's just the class of hotel on site. All the DVC resorts are deluxe resorts, so white card, blue card no matter.
The only difference is how you should enter the park: 1) White card - Walk in normally; 2) Blue Card - Strut
In both cases...preferably dressed correctly for Disney extended hours:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/what-to-wear-at-disney.3842867/:cool1:

Last edited:
It's based on the resort you are staying at, so anyone staying at a DVC Resort is eligible for the extended evening hours. Direct, resale, cash, points, members, and non-members are all eligible when staying at a DVC Resort.

It's based on the resort you are staying at, so anyone staying at a DVC Resort is eligible for the extended evening hours. Direct, resale, cash, points, members, and non-members are all eligible when staying at a DVC Resort.
At the moment I have park reservations (in December). Once this happens, will everyone have to make new park reservations to either enter early or stay late? Any time frames for this perk? Hoping it carries over into December.

Most excellent news. The morning hours didn't do anything for me at all, and I was mourning the loss of EMH in the evenings. Glad to hear they'll be back in at least some capacity.

And DVC members are not eligible when not staying at a DVC or other deluxe resort. It has nothing to do with being a DVC member, only with where you’re staying.

Wonder if they will make this into a direct vs. resale benefit at some point?

Wonder if they will make this into a direct vs. resale benefit at some point?
Currently, this is not a DVC benefit. It's a benefit of staying in a deluxe or deluxe villa hotel, no matter how you pay for the room - cash, DVC points, RCI exchange, credit card reward points....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter