explain why dvc is a better deal than....

Just don't expect to stay as happy as you currently are with All Stars once you actually start staying in OKW Villas... :D

:bounce:

I have to agree with JonHM.

We started going to WDW in the early '80s and stayed off site, because we thought we couldn't afford to stay on. Then we took the plunge and stayed on-site at a moderate (before All Stars) and could NOT see ourselves going back to off-site. Then we tried OKW to see if we wanted to do DVC. We LOVED the studio, so we purchased. After ONE TRIP in a 1 bedroom, we were so bowled over by the jacuzi, in room laundry, huge balcony, quiet pools etc., that we could NOT BELIEVE what a bargain DVC was. We were spending $4000 plus to stay on site each trip. Now we figure we stay in a 1,2,or 3 bedroom unit any time whe want and have it paid for already!! We figured our investment was recouped after just 4 trips.

WE LOVE THIS PLAN!!:bounce: :bounce: :)

All-Stars = apples. DVC resorts = oranges. Folks who are members of the DVC prefer citrus.:)

Unfortunately, baileybrad, lemon is also a citrus! :D (Couldn't resist, LOL).

You have to look at the big picture here. We're not talking about *this* year, we're talking about the next 40 years - my parents bought their house in 1970 for $39,000 - here it is 32 years later, and it's worth about $250,000 - so if an All-Stars room is $50 now, how much will IT cost in 30 years? ;)

Meanwhile, the DVC costs are locked in (except for the dues). While it may not seem like the most fantastic deal to you *right now*, you have to think about 10 and 20 and 30 years from now, when you'll be paying LESS than All Stars for a much nicer accomodation!

The only citrus where I come from -- Tenn is the orange. And I actually have never heard someone say it's apples and lemons.

You are trying to compare Apples and Oranges.

We usually stayed at the allstar Sports. It was cost effective.

DVC is for enjoying the vacation. If you attacked the parks with Gusto and hardly spend time in your room, then DVC probably isn't you best bet.

We are getting older and have been to the parks numerous times. We don't have that urgent need to see everything right now.

We want to relax and literally smell the roses.
We're bringing the family - a few meals in the room - microwave - washer-dryer - coffee without leaving the room.

I can't wait for Feb.
:D

Latest posts

facebook twitter