Expiring Points Extension?

pkrieger2287

Senior Editor - DVC Fan
Hearing some reports recently that Member Services is looking at things on a case-by-case basis, but is processing some further extensions for international DVC owners who are unable to travel and use their points currently. Has anyone experienced this?

They didn't for me, they just offered RCI banking. I ended up gifting them to someone I know based in the states. It was only 70 odd points, but I'm always using banked points from the previous year, so I hope I can get out there before March 22 to use 2020's. Otherwise I will rent them out.

I’ve seen some comments on this forum with people being successful on that but I’m personally holding out until end of May before cancelling my Aug trip.
My problem will be that I can’t go back until Aug 2022 and some banked points will expire 31st Jan 2022 and I can’t see Disney extending those. I will probably have to rent those out.
I think the ones who got extensions probably had points expiring in next 2 months with no chance of borders opening before 17th May.

Member services have just transferred 28 points due to expire 31/8/21 into my September 21 use year , I called bang on 1pm UK time and only
Waited 11 mins, points showed immediately on my
Account. Not sure if I got lucky but it’s worth calling up to ask them

Anyone else had their 19 unused points moved forward yet and if so what’s your use year?

I have been waiting since the start of March and have called 4 times and had 4 different responses from, they’ll be transferred next week, up to 4 weeks, to your change of use year (June). The latest today was up to 2 weeks past your use year.

It wouldn’t have been an issue but we are waiting on the points to complete our reservation on a room known to go quickly.

The points disappeared yesterday but I don’t know if that would have happened if the points were lost 🤷‍♀️

Last edited:
I spoke to member services this morning about boo bash tickets, but when I was on asked about my 2019 points expiring. They basically confirmed they would be extended until May 2022, but that I could 'swap out' points that I used fo book my December '21 trip to make use of the 2019 ones.

My 19 points were transferred into my account today and I have been able to finish off my reservation. It was a bit nail biting as the dates I had already booked sold out whilst we were waiting and I was concerned that the dates we needed would be taken.

We have booked a 2 bed lock off as we are taking extended family. We used all our points including borrowing all we could from our 22 points.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter