EXPIRED - Direct Sales Incentives - Summer 2020 - Expanded list!

I agree, I think those would both be priority over yacht club conversion.

Flip side hahaha they also might want a Yacht Club conversion sooner so that SAB is paid more by DVC than the hotel side. 25% at WL is fine if they can get YC/BC to 50/50 instead of the 75/25 its at today.

A pandemic hadn’t happened yet. Noone ever had reason had to think, gosh, it sure would be annoying if we ever had to keep open all of our deluxe resorts when demand is 1/15th of normal.
Is there a reason to think a pandemic on this scale will happen again in 5, 10 , or 25 years? The main rationale behind a Yacht Club DVC would be that it isn’t a new construction and the property is already known and beloved by many. Converting a known wuantityis less expensive than new construction

If they were to do a conversion before 2030 I think it would be the remainder of WL to turn it into a stand alone DVC resort and get it "off the books". Another option would be a conversion of those CBR blue roofs in to more Poly style resort that is "attached" to RIV and has possibly a more Swiss Alps style to them. Final option of a conversion would possibly be something at Coronado Springs with the Skyliner extension planned between AK and Epcot for that resort.
Wilderness Lodge going full DVC makes sense as a replacement for the full DVC resort their we’re building next door.

I’m not sure how they would be able to pass off a CBR conversion at $195pp without heavy incentives and/or a point chart like BW/OKW.

A Coronado conversion seems like a stretch given that no DVC was included in the Grand Destiny Tower.

Is there a reason to think a pandemic on this scale will happen again in 5, 10 , or 25 years?
Gosh I hope not, but the fact remains that this is the 2nd time in 20 years that Disney has closed resorts for sharp drops in demand outside of their control (9/11 being the first). It would behoove them to assume that something bad will happen periodically.

I’m not sure how they would be able to pass off a CBR conversion at $195pp without heavy incentives and/or a point chart like BW/OKW.

Brought it up before but they can look to target a moderate style with lower point charts, lower buy in, and reduction from 7months possibly down to 5 months to book outside the DVC moderate/value category.

The resort room costs could be in line with that if AKV Value rooms.

I do see them possibly transforming that section of CBR at some point.

I am only guessing though at possibilities.

RIV/DLV sales end 2025, River Country 2025-2028, Between GF and MK 2028-2031, YCV 2031-2034, WL 2034—2037, OKW Extension/Buy Back Resell 2037+, 2037-2042 BWV Current/Future Resort Bundle (get 5 years of a 2042 resort (whatever they had bought back you pick with point conversion chart of 200p=100p as example) and 50 years of BWV2), 2042-2045 BRV2, 2045-2048 BCV2

Lots of different ways to slice it though.

Just got an email from DVC stating what will happen after 9/16... they will increase.. email states "Savings Reduce By $1,050 In 15 days, 10 hours, etc....."

Can you provide more details on what they said ?
Last chance to let your vacation dreams soar with one of our best offers.
Magic is knowing that all it takes is a little pixie dust. Act by 9/16 to save $3,750 or more when you add on with one of our best offers yet, and imagine the possibilities your family can reach, year after year!
Extra savings disappear on 9/16 — call today or click below to learn more and use our new Online Add-on Tool.

Important Offer Information: This offer requires Members to add on a new real estate interest of at least 150 Vacation Points in AULANI, Disney Vacation Club Villas, Ko Olina, Hawaiʻi, Disney’s Riviera Resort, or Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge. Offer to save an extra $1,050 expires September 16, 2020. Please note, if tour occurs on or after September 10, 2020, offer expires 7 days after tour. All tours must be completed by September 16, 2020. Prices don’t include one-time closing. Offer cannot be combined with other select offers or discounts and may be extended, modified, or withdrawn at any time without notice. Void where prohibited. Additional restrictions and terms may apply.

Theme Park admission is not part of the ownership interest and is sold separately. The complete offering terms of the timeshare are in a public offering statement and purchase agreement available upon request from the developer. Disney Vacation Development, Inc., 1390 Celebration Blvd., Celebration, FL 34747.

THIS PROMOTIONAL MATERIAL IS BEING USED FOR THE PURPOSE OF SOLICITING SALES OF TIMESHARE INTERESTS.

Please do not reply to this email as this address is not monitored. If you wish to contact us, click here for additional information.

This email was sent to:

Pretty much it.

Historically, how long does Disney wait between an expired offer and a new offer?

I asked my rep, and she did say in her last 6 years this was the best shes ever seen, and thinks the next one will be nearly half of what we see now.
I do not think the next offer will be better at all so if anyone is looking to buy I would pull the trigger if you are interesting in RIV or CCV. The fact Disney has restarted a bunch of projects in the parks and has opened ROFR again tells me they are not in desperation mode and that this was just to get the people who were interested in buying before closure to still buy after all of this.

I know if you are an existing member the incentives are pretty amazing but do you think the new member lower incentives are really worthwhile?

I loved RIV but with the cost, restrictions, and point charts I said “no way”. I’d been 100% set on buying AKV resale (160 points). Now the deal on RIV makes me consider it again but I’d only buy 150 points so it’d still be $180/point which still isn’t an amazing deal. Any thoughts?

Also, anyone worried about buying right now without knowing how things will be post Covid?

I do not think the next offer will be better at all so if anyone is looking to buy I would pull the trigger if you are interesting in RIV or CCV. The fact Disney has restarted a bunch of projects in the parks and has opened ROFR again tells me they are not in desperation mode and that this was just to get the people who were interested in buying before closure to still buy after all of this.
Makes sense. We ended up going direct. for OKW, and she said this was the first time shes seen discounts on the older resorts. Usually its the only the not sold out ones.

I know if you are an existing member the incentives are pretty amazing but do you think the new member lower incentives are really worthwhile?

I loved RIV but with the cost, restrictions, and point charts I said “no way”. I’d been 100% set on buying AKV resale (160 points). Now the deal on RIV makes me consider it again but I’d only buy 150 points so it’d still be $180/point which still isn’t an amazing deal. Any thoughts?

Also, anyone worried about buying right now without knowing how things will be post Covid?

There's a pretty big difference between RIV and AKV. Where do you actually want to stay? You're not buying a deal, you're buying a timeshare.

There's a pretty big difference between RIV and AKV. Where do you actually want to stay? You're not buying a deal, you're buying a timeshare.
Also depending on your age or if you plan to hand down to children this might matter or not, RIV gets you 13 more years longer on the contract vs AKV. Something else to consider.

Also depending on your age or if you plan to hand down to children this might matter or not, RIV gets you 13 more years longer on the contract vs AKV. Something else to consider.

The more I've thought about this, the more I think it's totally overrated and more of a marketing tool.

When AKV expires in 37 years, I might be done with Disney. I might even have been done with Disney 10-15 years before that. I don't know where I'll be in 5 years, much less 50. Plus, as nice of a thought as it is to pass it to kids, what if they don't want a timeshare with ballooning annual fees? What if they can't even afford it? That's a lot of pressure.

Each resort is a savings over cash stays, so buy where you want to stay.

The problem is I’d love to stay at both, which is what makes AKV problematic. If I could buy AKV but occasionally stay at RIV, I would definitely just buy AKV resale but I don’t want to buy AKV direct with the 2057 expiration.

Yeah the longer expiration is somewhat desirable to me but I feel like one thing Covid has taught me is the world is a lot more unpredictable than I previously believed I can’t really depend on WDW being a thing in 2070 Haha

The more I've thought about this, the more I think it's totally overrated and more of a marketing tool.

When AKV expires in 37 years, I might be done with Disney. I might even have been done with Disney 10-15 years before that. I don't know where I'll be in 5 years, much less 50. Plus, as nice of a thought as it is to pass it to kids, what if they don't want a timeshare with ballooning annual fees? What if they can't even afford it? That's a lot of pressure.

Each resort is a savings over cash stays, so buy where you want to stay.

It is different for everyone. My wife and I are Disney addicts. So its definitely a consideration for us. Might not be for everyone but we live and breath Disney so if the price difference isn't that significant I'll take the extra years honestly. Especially for CCV those added years make it easier to sell down the line, RIV might be a different beast but I don't mind at this discounted price.

The problem is I’d love to stay at both, which is what makes AKV problematic. If I could buy AKV but occasionally stay at RIV, I would definitely just buy AKV resale but I don’t want to buy AKV direct with the 2057 expiration.

Yeah the longer expiration is somewhat desirable to me but I feel like one thing Covid has taught me is the world is a lot more unpredictable than I previously believed I can’t really depend on WDW being a thing in 2070 Haha

Since you mentioned AKV resale, remember resale points cannot be used to book RIV. If you absolutely must have occasional stays at RIV, you must have direct points. I think I'd go for AKV direct over RIV direct... those restrictions are problematic and you don't know if you'll ever need to sell.

It is different for everyone. My wife and I are Disney addicts. So its definitely a consideration for us. Might not be for everyone but we live and breath Disney so if the price difference isn't that significant I'll take the extra years honestly. Especially for CCV those added years make it easier to sell down the line, RIV might be a different beast but I don't mind at this discounted price.

We also own at CCV so it's not like our membership will expire anytime soon, but it's just such a silly thing. When we bought AKV resale the expiration wasn't a consideration. We were down to BWV and AKV resale and the end date had nothing to do with it. If we get to the end of our AKV contract and still want to go as often as we do now, we'll buy more points. But spending more money now for stays I might want in 37 years strikes me as really silly - my dollars today are worth more to me than that.

Since you mentioned AKV resale, remember resale points cannot be used to book RIV. If you absolutely must have occasional stays at RIV, you must have direct points. I think I'd go for AKV direct over RIV direct... those restrictions are problematic and you don't know if you'll ever need to sell.

We also own at CCV so it's not like our membership will expire anytime soon, but it's just such a silly thing. When we bought AKV resale the expiration wasn't a consideration. We were down to BWV and AKV resale and the end date had nothing to do with it. If we get to the end of our AKV contract and still want to go as often as we do now, we'll buy more points. But spending more money now for stays I might want in 37 years strikes me as really silly - my dollars today are worth more to me than that.

All Valid points but I don't think its silly. Who knows what DVC will cost in 30 years or what it will be. But if price isn't a material difference then having 10 more years on a contract does matter to some. Especially resale. Poly was $125-$135 a point 3 months ago. What I'm saying is if I love both resorts and Poly is $130 a point vs BWV is $115-120 a point those added years matter to me.

All Valid points but I don't think its silly. Who knows what DVC will cost in 30 years or what it will be. But if price isn't a material difference then having 10 more years on a contract does matter to some. Especially resale. Poly was $125-$135 a point 3 months ago. What I'm saying is if I love both resorts and Poly is $130 a point vs BWV is $115-120 a point those added years matter to me.
I agree to this as well, direct pricing will only go up I would imagine and its not just RIV, its also the new DVC location in CA and if they restart Reflections as well, those all cannot be used on the latest resale contracts.

facebook twitter