Excuses for being in cab/Uber alone?

mikeishere

Mouseketeer
This might come across as being a big worrier, however does anyone have any good excuses you can tell the cab driver if they ask why your in a cab alone?

I’m going to Florida next year and will be taking a cab from hard rock universal to Disney world hotel swan and dolphin but I don’t fancy the idea of telling the cab driver I’m a solo traver If they get talking so does anyone have any excuses they tell people when travelling?

I’m also considering LA so may need a cab from a Disneyland hotel to universal.

I can tell you that it is VERY slim anyone will ask you this. Also, make sure you take a Lyft/Uber, not a cab if you’re alone. Cab drivers, in my experience, tend to be more skivvy. No hate to cab drivers, just my experience as a solo traveler.

What I usually do is take a phone call as soon as I get in the car, and don’t hang up until I get out.

This might come across as being a big worrier, however does anyone have any good excuses you can tell the cab driver if they ask why your in a cab alone?

I’m going to Florida next year and will be taking a cab from hard rock universal to Disney world hotel swan and dolphin but I don’t fancy the idea of telling the cab driver I’m a solo traver If they get talking so does anyone have any excuses they tell people when travelling?

You don’t need to say anything! But if you want to, you can say your meeting up with others on a later flight!

They are used to it so won’t ask you that. Uber and Lyft drivers are happy to talk, though you might get a language barrier. As far as a cab or ride share to Universal Hollywood from Disney, don’t. It’s cheaper to rent a car or take a train/bus or hire a shuttle to Universal. Anaheim is a good hour(or more) from Universal, to the point it may be easier to split it into a Universal portion and a Disneyland portion of your trip. It’s a very different situation from Orlando, in spite of Disney being in Orange County in both states. From Disneyland to Universal Hollywood will run you close to $100 each way(Lyft/Uber).

They are used to it so won’t ask you that. Uber and Lyft drivers are happy to talk, though you might get a language barrier. As far as a cab or ride share to Universal Hollywood from Disney, don’t. It’s cheaper to rent a car or take a train/bus or hire a shuttle to Universal. Anaheim is a good hour(or more) from Universal, to the point it may be easier to split it into a Universal portion and a Disneyland portion of your trip. It’s a very different situation from Orlando, in spite of Disney being in Orange County in both states. From Disneyland to Universal Hollywood will run you close to $100 each way(Lyft/Uber).
Thanks I didn’t realise they where so far away. I was going to do Adventures by Disney at Disneyland then onto universal.
Where do I get public transport from to get to universal from Disney ?

After watching one episode of Cecil Hotel on Netflix think I’ve scared myself about LA haha.

Last edited:
Thanks I didn’t realise they where so far away. I was going to do Adventures by Disney at Disneyland then onto universal.
Where do I get public transport from to get to universal from Disney ?

After watching one episode of Cecil Hotel on Netflix think I’ve scared myself about LA haha.

Unless you can arrange for a shuttle, I would take a train from Anaheim Regional Transportation Intermodal Center to Union Station then Uber/Lyft from there. In Anaheim, there is Anaheim Resort Transportation service that goes close to Disneyland, under normal circumstances. SoCal is a bit of a Beast when it comes to getting around, so it takes a different sort of planning.

Unless you can arrange for a shuttle, I would take a train from Anaheim Regional Transportation Intermodal Center to Union Station then Uber/Lyft from there. In Anaheim, there is Anaheim Resort Transportation service that goes close to Disneyland, under normal circumstances. SoCal is a bit of a Beast when it comes to getting around, so it takes a different sort of planning.
Cheers

I travel alone a lot, and I don't think I've ever been asked that. You could just say you're on your way to meet friends, or say you're traveling for business. I get asked a lot what brings me to the area (when I'm going to/from the airport), but not really why I'm traveling alone. Honestly, personally I'm not a huge fan of small talk so I'll say hello/ask how they are when I get in and then just be on my phone. Personal preference but it does usually avoid any potentially awkward questions.

My experiences are so much the opposite. I am usually asked if I'm vacationing alone and have been asked out on dates on 3 occasions by Uber drivers, one guy even wrote down his number while he was driving and gave it to me. I usually say I'm meeting up with a boyfriend/friends/family or if I'm staying at a convention hotel, I'm in town on business.

I usually get on the phone when I get in Uber/Lyft by myself. I always seem to end up with chatty drivers and I hate small talk with strangers. Not sure if I've ever directly been asked why I'm alone but I'm generally vague and noncommittal when asked questions. I think you can set your preferences to prefers not to talk. I never remember to look for that until I wish I wasn't being talked to.

I don't think I've ever been asked why I'm alone in an uber. What a super sketchy thing to ask someone! "Oh, I'm going to meet my husband and father. They both work for the FBI."

I doubt they care you are alone and you can just make up an answer. If overly concerned about taking any type of taxi maybe renting a car is a better choice?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter