*Exchangers-Come and join us for the QOTD & Chat w/us* Part 4-Our New Thread

If you were able to purchase any one type of indoor, or outdoor appliance, what would you choose to get? Ex. Refrigerator, stove, ......?

I don't need anything.............but I would take a grill and give it to DS. He wants a new one.

If you were to pick an oldies classic song from a juke box, what song would you choose? Have you ever used a juke box?
It's been a long time since I've used a juke box. I would pick something with a fun, happy beat.

If you were able to purchase any one type of indoor, or outdoor appliance, what would you choose to get? Ex. Refrigerator, stove, ......?
I'd like to convert my cooktop to gas so I guess a new cooktop.

If you were to think of 3 simple R.A.K-(random acts of kindness), that you could do, what would they be? RAKs are something that you do for others out of the kindness of your heart, to make others smile, .... they do not have to be anything big, it doesn't even have to cost any money,.... some ideas of RAKs are- paying for someone else's meal, making cookies for the fire station, ....

What are 3 RAKs that you could do?

We need a new grille, we had a really nice one, but the bottom rusted out!! We don't know why:confused3 as we've always kept it clean & covered. We plan to go to Lowes tomorrow or we'd to look.

Now I've always wanted a built in double oven, but that's more of a fantasy

If you were to think of 3 simple R.A.K-(random acts of kindness), that you could do, what would they be? RAKs are something that you do for others out of the kindness of your heart, to make others smile, .... they do not have to be anything big, it doesn't even have to cost any money,.... some ideas of RAKs are- paying for someone else's meal, making cookies for the fire station, ....

What are 3 RAKs that you could do?

1. Make blankets or hats for cancer patients
2. Leave coupons at grocery store on top of the item
3. Thank a veteran

Those are great RAK ideas! My daughter and I both do number 2 that you listed!

My three....

If you are in a fast food drive thru, pay for the person's meal in the car behind you.

Hold the door open for someone.

If you are out to eat and see someone in the military having a meal, pay for it anonymously.

We need a new grille, we had a really nice one, but the bottom rusted out!! We don't know why:confused3 as we've always kept it clean & covered. We plan to go to Lowes tomorrow or we'd to look.

Now I've always wanted a built in double oven, but that's more of a fantasy

1. Make blankets or hats for cancer patients
2. Leave coupons at grocery store on top of the item
3. Thank a veteran

***UPDATE:rotfl2:***
We went to Lowes today to look at grills, we were very disappointed. They had 4 models out side when you walk in ranging from $140-$400, I lifted the lid on all 4 & they all had rust spots in the corner!!! This is not good for sales. My DH says its because theyre steal inside instead of stainless or even ceramic. That's why they rusted. They only had 1 grill there inside that was stainless steel all the way thru , but it was $950!!! They just don't make things to last anymore, very frustrating:furious:. So I think tomorrow were going to go to a grill store to look around.

Those are great RAK ideas! My daughter and I both do number 2 that you listed!

My three....
�� making a special dish/dessert for a family friend.
�� donating to your local humane society.
�� letting someone who only has a few items go in front of you at the checkout stand if you have a bunch of things to buy.

I leave coupons too! That's funny!

One of the RNs on my floor just started collecting new handmade blankets to give out to our cancer patients on our floor & my grandpa received one. It was so heartfelt & meaningful, one of my aunts started crying. We kept it on my grandpa thru hospice & at the very end my grandma got to take it home with her! It's funny how a little bit of yarn can make such a difference! I've recently started learning to loom knit, I haven't worked myself up to blankets yet, but it's my goal.

Great idea about humane society, ours is always in need.

Yup our grills do not last either.

Great RAK ideas Susan!

Doing little things for others could make a big difference in someones life or put a smile on their faces.

This month is National Ice Cream month. So what is your most favorite ice cream flavors?

Daiquiri ice. Baskin robins is the only place that carries it in summer

This month is National Ice Cream month. So what is your most favorite ice cream flavors?

We have a couple Handles Ice Cream places here where they make like 30 homemade ice creams every day, my DH is very adventurous & always tries new things. I'm more stick with what I like, probably because I'm so picky as I don't like chocolate :duck:,peanut butter :scared1: or bananas :banana:! I almost always get cake batter sometimes strawberry. I do really like vanilla soft serve too.

You know how I told you guys that I won that contest in May for a dinner gift card to a local Italian restaurant & 2 movie tickets? With everything that went on with my grandpa, then my FILs cancer diagnosis in May (he starts chemo next wk), and then my DH had a convention last wk in MN we've had no time together to use it. Well DH & I both had yesterday off, so we thought lets go out!

We were excited, maybe that was the problem. We got there with a few people ahead of us checking in, we had 7p reservations, so when it was our turn at the hostess stand they were seating the few people ahead of us. No biggie, the 1st hostess returns, does not look or acknowledge us & starts going thru the reservation book & then starts answering calls. I'm like, what the heck :confused3. She does say hi or "just give me 1 minute," nothing. The 2nd hostess returns & she starts talking to the 1st hostess, again no acknowledgement. Finally the 2nd hostess checks us in with "how many?". No hi, how are you? Whatever, everyone has a bad day, not going to let it ruin mine.

So I excuse my self, tell DH what I'd like to drink, come back thinking drinks will be there. Nope waiter just arrived stating he has a table keeping him busy, well I'll tell you they kept him busy all night:laughing:! He hands us the specials list & says he will be right back to take our orders. He came back 15 mins later, which at that time was no biggie as DH & I really didnt know what to get as I've been there 2x & DH 1x. Both times I was there I was not impressed with food, it's supposed to be an upscale Italian place. Since its not close to home we just don't go there as we were not wowed the 1st time, but dinner tonight would be pretty much free :scratchin.

When the waiter returns he again apologizes that other table keeping him busy, I ask him questions about the menu & you can tell he really doesn't care or really doesn't know the products. Oh well, we order & he says he will put in our dinner salads 1st then our dinners so everything come out slow. He said he will bring out bread & oil to enjoy before salad. He eventually bring out the bread with our salad, oh well, I kept telling myself this is free. My salad was very good & DH was really Enjoying his until he pulled a piece of Saran wrap out of his mouth the size of 1& 1/2 of a silver dollar!!! Im like omg:crazy2:! The waiter never check to ask how salads were & DH flags him down. He apologizes profusely & says that the will take off of bill & get DH a new one right away. Then dinner arrives 10 minutes later, still no salad & was brought out by a waitress. We're halfway thru our meals when waiter returns & he says, "so sorry, I found out it was the Saran that goes on the cucumbers (there were no cucumbers in DHs salad by the way). I told them you needed a new salad, but they needed to remake it so I left & got busy with that other table. Do you still want it? We will take it off bill regardless.". DH says, I'm almost done with dinner, no thanks.

At this point were out of drinks. He come back with drinks & asks if we want to see dessert tray & we do. He comes out a while later with it, we order & wait for desserts that are already made. He finally brings out bill, he says my manager took of the salad (uh I hope so) & DH dessert. Now the manager never came to our table, never apologized, nothing. Then I gave him 20% tip, DH was mad at me, but I always feel like I should tip well & DH says this is the occasion you don't. We only went over $6 of the value of gift card as we still had money left on it to use towards tip.

We get to the movies & it was surprisingly busy for a tue night, DH & I usually do matinees on our Amy's off unless we're doing a night out with friends. We realize it's $5.50 discount movie night, which we were told they were getting rid of when the new movie chain took over. So we saved the tickets & just paid the $11 as I think an evening movie is now $10/person. We saw Maleficent :maleficen:maleficenwhich we enjoyed, the beginning & ending we're awesome, the middle lacked a little something.

What do think of our weird evening? I kept telling myself, it was a $6 dinner which we'd have paid at taco bell :rotfl2:....

Ube and green tea.

Sounds like a night to remember Angela. And to confirm that you should not go to that restaurant again.

Ube and green tea.

Sounds like a night to remember Angela. And to confirm that you should not go to that restaurant again.

I have never heard of Ube. What's it like?

I have no plans to return that restaurant! I did send them an email today which I've never done before, I've taken surveys on receipts, but never outright contacted a restaurant to tell them how dissatisfied I was.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter