exchange rate

We just got our first instalment of $800 for £505 this morn, used tesco with there own credit card so no charges either! :thumbsup2

Debs x

That's what I'm going to do too. What was the exchange rate? I can't do the maths:blush:

I just bought some more $s with FairFX and got 1.60. Hopefully it will continue to rise, but I'm really happy with this! :thumbsup2

It's 1.5740 for small change so 1.60 sounds right for £1000 :D

Slowly going up!! :D:cool1:

I got 1.57-10 for £1021 I was hoping for 1.58 :( but oh well at least ive changed some for more then the 1.48 i got in 2010!!

I have another £1000 to change at the end of the month on payday so im really really hoping that the rate is 1.60 or higher!
We only have 1 CC and i paid my flights on that and we dont use it for anything other then paying flights off

I was thinking about getting a Post office card BUT we really actually enjoy having most of it in cash and then having it in daily amounts :rotfl: which everyday that any is left over we then pop into our blow out pile for the end of the holiday :)

I was thinking about getting a Post office card BUT we really actually enjoy having most of it in cash and then having it in daily amounts :rotfl: which everyday that any is left over we then pop into our blow out pile for the end of the holiday :)

Thats me too ::yes::

Annette x

I know there is just something incredibly satisfying about seeing that MONEY!!!
Even more so when you keep having some left over each day:lmao: not that it stays that way we never come home with more then about 20 dollars:rotfl2:

OMG are you sure you don't have some king of spy camera hidden in my bag as thats EXACTLY us :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: No matter how much we take be it $2000 or $5000 I only ever seem to bring a few bits of loose change home :confused3

I got 1.57-10 for £1021 I was hoping for 1.58 :( but oh well at least ive changed some for more then the 1.48 i got in 2010!!

I have another £1000 to change at the end of the month on payday so im really really hoping that the rate is 1.60 or higher!
We only have 1 CC and i paid my flights on that and we dont use it for anything other then paying flights off

Just check your insurance, some policies only cover as little as £100 in cash. Being a Yorkshireman I find nothing at all satisfying spending money, far better for me if I use a card and don't see it all disappearing :rotfl: Plus I usually get 5 or 6 cents/£ better rate and I don't have to pay it until a month after I return, the longer I keep it the better:rotfl2:

Just check your insurance, some policies only cover as little as £100 in cash. Being a Yorkshireman I find nothing at all satisfying spending money, far better for me if I use a card and don't see it all disappearing :rotfl: Plus I usually get 5 or 6 cents/£ better rate and I don't have to pay it until a month after I return, the longer I keep it the better:rotfl2:

Well when im at home I dont really use cash at all! BUT when on holiday thats a whole different ball game!
It not the spending of the cash that i enjoy its actually seeing what i have left over each day out of the daily budget that thrills me:lmao: as then I get all happy thinking about how much will be left at the end to buy all the stuff with!

We rarely buy as we go along we normally get it all a few days before we leave and so I love knowing that a ton of dollars are left over for me to play with :)

Ill check my insurance we are with the postoffice so ill have a little look.:thumbsup2

I don't spend money at all at home, it's all on the cards, but in Florida you're right there's something satisfying having cash!

I love the smell of dollars and having some on me is a necessity there.

I have most of our money on my travel cards but I do have $500 cash as well for tolls, tips etc :D

Ill check my insurance we are with the postoffice so ill have a little look.:thumbsup2

Depends which policy you have. They do 3 levels

Basic - no cover
Classic - £250 with £60 excess
Premium - £300 with £45 excess

wayneg said:

Basic - no cover

Just found out that all out money is covered by RAF insurance we only have the post office one as it was cheaper to have buy the family insurance with the kids rather then just insure the boys!
DH said that he has kit insurance cover which covers any loss of money when out of the UK :)

Basic - no cover

With the excess waiver, premium family annual travel to the US we are covered upto £750 cash!

If we get into trouble we can go to the UK Emabassey for assistance!

Two weeks on Monday!! :woohoo:

With the excess waiver, premium family annual travel to the US we are covered upto £750 cash!

If we get into trouble we can go to the UK Emabassey for assistance!

Two weeks on Monday!! :woohoo:

Post Office Premuim policy?
You are covered upto £750 for cash & documents but a limit of £300 for cash. Thats the policy I have.
Details on page 32:
http://www.postoffice.co.uk/sites/default/files/6788_TI policy_Premium_online_tag.pdf

I used to take cash myself but after losing my wallet at East Midlands airport with over £500 in I prefer to stick to cards now, at least if I lose mine Karen has more but we all have our own preferred ways, go with what you are happiest with, 2 weeks will be here in no time.:goodvibes

Post Office Premuim policy?
You are covered upto £750 for cash & documents but a limit of £300 for cash. Thats the policy I have.
Details on page 32:
http://www.postoffice.co.uk/sites/default/files/6788_TI policy_Premium_online_tag.pdf

I used to take cash myself but after losing my wallet at East Midlands airport with over £500 in I prefer to stick to cards now, at least if I lose mine Karen has more but we all have our own preferred ways, go with what you are happiest with, 2 weeks will be here in no time.:goodvibes

Correct, Post Office Premium Policy, I must stipulate that it's the annual, as appose to single trip!

£750 spending money, documents i.e passports is £500!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!