exchange rate

misspickle

DIS Veteran
looking at buying dollars,who has the best rate? I did follow a thread last year but can't find it for this year.

thanks in advance

I went to thomsons sat and it was 1.55 it's gradually going up I got a bit on sat but will get more

I changed some more today at Bestforeignexchange and got a whopping $1.59 :cool1::cool1: but I did notice that the FX rate went down slightly today

I changed some more today at Bestforeignexchange and got a whopping $1.59 :cool1::cool1: but I did notice that the FX rate went down slightly today

I'm also going to be needing to buy some dollars, ive just tried to get on the best foreign exchange website to check the locations for pick up but I can't seem to get on it??

I'm not sure whether to buy some now or hold out a little longer?

Thing is I don't seem to have much luck with exchange rates!

1andrea said:
I'm also going to be needing to buy some dollars, ive just tried to get on the best foreign exchange website to check the locations for pick up but I can't seem to get on it??

I'm not sure whether to buy some now or hold out a little longer?

Thing is I don't seem to have much luck with exchange rates!

I also tried using the link on here and couldn't seem to get on it??? I wanted to change around £1000 so exchange rate of 1.59 would be brilliant!
I was going to hold out till payday at the end of the month as we want to change £2000 altogether but I'm so worried it will drop if I hold out!! Wish I could get on the site it just takes me to some random web page!?

$1.59 is a cracking rate at the moment. Good spot.

Personally, I think that the exchange rate may creep up a little more yet. Our economy is in much better shape than many people say - manufacturing is doing pretty good at the moment, which is why our deficit figures were pretty good for last month (unlike the States) so I can see the rate improving further. Stock Exchanges across Europe are going up, but the US is relatively flat, which is a sign that the exchange rate is likely to rise further.

closing rate today was $0.005 up on yesterday so for all those buying their $$ tomorrow I doubt the tourist rate will change much

sorry the link doesn't seem to work I really don't understand as it works perfectly for me.

Anyway this is there home page http://www.bestforeignexchange.com/index.php

and the rate right now is still $1.59

The new link works thanks! I didn't realise collection was for Lindkn locatik s only and as I am in Liverpool it's a likely far to travel!

Think the best for me is Travelex today with a rate of 1.57 and free postage. Hopefully it will increase tomorrow as I'm too tired to order now!

so what's the rate these days? i know the dollar just weakened against the euro (which is incredibly hard to do), so i assumed the same was true against the pound.

Hi there,

Just to let you know that Fair FX are quoting £1 to $1.60, which is good as they are FSA checked and I only go with these firms since I lost upwards of 4 figures with a bad company last year.

it went up a bit because of the Fed's move to start printing money (to buy back debt). A move that weakens the dollar, resulting in an improvement of the exchange rate for the sterling.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter