exchange rate

Hopefully this is the beginning of it going up again. Really cannot remember the last time it was $1.60 to the £1, must be well over 2 years??

Hopefully this is the beginning of it going up again. Really cannot remember the last time it was $1.60 to the £1, must be well over 2 years??

No, it has touched 1.60 quite a few times over the last couple of years. I bought a few months ago (can't remember when, but during the school summer hols) and I got a rate of 1.60 on FairFX. Also bought at 1.62 odd before our trip last year. It does hit 1.60 - it just hasn't been sticking

Thanks very much for the info, apologies for giving out the incorrect info :-)

Have a great day all.

Im trying to wait until the end oft month (pay day) to get our £2000 changed as wanted to do it all at the same time but I'm now wondering if I should at least change £500 at the post office or something to secure a good rate for part of out money!

Anyone think it's going to keep climbing or do we think it's going to drop soon?

I hate the waiting game lol on a positive note it's now just over 3 wks before we go :)

1.62 with my PO credit card, hope it continues to rise, 46 days to next trip.:goodvibes

Is it a better rate when buying currency from Post Office using their credit card?

I was accepted for a card a few months ago and was going to use it for overseas purchases and not my actual spending money.

Thanks

Andrea

Is it a better rate when buying currency from Post Office using their credit card?

I was accepted for a card a few months ago and was going to use it for overseas purchases and not my actual spending money.

Thanks

Andrea

The rate you get on a PO credit card is the full interbank rate, its not possible to get anything higher.
Don't now a great deal about buying currency anymore, not done it for years. I use my CC for everything, only cash we spend is for tolls so we don't need spending money.
I would guess you get the rate quoted above, $1.57, about 5 cents less than using your card.

The rate you get on a PO credit card is the full interbank rate, its not possible to get anything higher.
Don't now a great deal about buying currency anymore, not done it for years. I use my CC for everything, only cash we spend is for tolls so we don't need spending money.
I would guess you get the rate quoted above, $1.57, about 5 cents less than using your card.

So the rate with the PO card is not 1.62 to exchange GBP for US dollars? Only if you use the card for transactions?

madmumof2 said:
So the rate with the PO card is not 1.62 to exchange GBP for US dollars? Only if you use the card for transactions?

That's right, you get charged the interbank rate for any transactions. Changing GBP to US Dollar cash/travellers cheques you get the standard rate from the website.

We found this out a few years ago and got one, saves us a fortune as we have DVC annual dues etc to pay. :)

Fingers crossed the rate continues to go up!

I just got 1.70 at the postoffice on £1000,

Really hoping it wise rise a little more at the end of the month for payday!

I hope it continues to rise! We go in 40 days and although I'm only changing £300, I will still get a good rate on my Nationwide credit card :)

I hope it continues to rise! We go in 40 days and although I'm only changing £300, I will still get a good rate on my Nationwide credit card :)

Do you know they now charge 2%? used to be a good card but not anymore:( Unless you use it a lot in the UK, you get credit for charges abroad.

We just got our first instalment of $800 for £505 this morn, used tesco with there own credit card so no charges either! :thumbsup2

Debs x

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter