$$$ exchange rate???

I also got some $$ for our trip at the $2 mark - agree that we have been spoilt as at one time anything around $1.50 to $1.60 was the norm.

We just changed some more today at $1.71 and 2 weeks ago we got $1.80 the girl in the TA said all currencies have dropped especially this week:confused3

The long term average is around 1GBP-1.65USD.

The very weak dollar over the past couple of years was one of the fundamental reasons for purchasing DVC when we did.

I can also remember getting sub $1.50 to the £, so not too bad I guess.

Will be interesting to see what effect the General Election in the US has, must be some uncertainty around that which should have a negative effect on their economy?

I walked through the Coop travel agents this morning and their sign was $1.72.

all good things have to come to an end i suppose. im just glad we brought our AP's back when the rate was 1.97.

I have been keeping an eye on it on travelexs website, today they are offering 1.701.

Fairfx have been at around 1.76 all week, Has dropped to 1.74 today though.

It has been going up and down though, not just down. :D

I think the first time we went in Jan 2000 the rate was about 1.32. So the present rate is still pretty good really.

Fairfx have been at around 1.76 all week, Has dropped to 1.74 today though.

It has been going up and down though, not just down. :D

dead cat always bounces, but it sill dead
Paulh

just be glad you are on the end of a stronger currency. When I went to the US from New Zealand the rate was .38 NZ to their $1.00. Yikes it was costing me something like $10 New Zealand dollars for two pieces of toast and a glass of juice.

Kirsten

I think the first time we went in Jan 2000 the rate was about 1.32. So the present rate is still pretty good really.

Excatly.I think we've been lucky to have had such a good exchange rate of late.It's always going to go up and down,sadly down more so with the economy of late but that would never put me off.
Now the Euro on the other hand :scared1: SHOCKING.

The Euro is mad.

If I was to change money now into $ i'd get a worse rate than you lot changing sterling - Dollar.

Good job i'm not planning on going for another year - I hope it changes by then.

Our travel agent rang this morning to advise us to buy dollars for our trip. We told them we did it already and they could have let us know a bit earlier!

Denise

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter