$$$ exchange rate???

feline figaro

WDW Bride May 2009 - WDW Vet
Ok whats going on with the exchange rate?????????????:confused3 :confused:

Few months back it went as high as $2.07 & now it just keeps dropping:scared1:

My df has just brought our dollars, hes a financial adviser & has been advised that over the next few wks that its gonna continue to drop & drop:mad:

We got a rate of $1.78 & brought $3000 for 11 days

Am gutted though that we did nt buy them when they were still around the $2 mark:headache:

Yep, seems to be steadily dropping now.

We are lucky in that I accumulated $3500 or so over a period of time when the rate was high.

i need to get ours too before the rate drops even further but i havent got the money at the mo! arrgghhhh!

Managed to get mine at a good rate before it started dropping, but I still need to change about another £1000. By the looks of things it's not going to go up or even stay where it is... so might as well get them now !

I managaed to get the majority of ours at $1.93 rate a few weeks back and we are using the new (well to us) Visa Electron debit card and cash system, has anyone used this before ? Hopefully this way we will not have to touch credit cards.

Just checked that link, the highest rate was $1.75 & went as low as $1.70. Looks like its def on the downwards spiral :sad2:

The rate seems to have actually gone back up a little bit today

We brought ours late this morning & got a rate of $1.78

They ve been going up & down constantly for what must be a month now:rolleyes:

I know it sounds harsh but $1.78 or even $1.75 isn't bad. It's just we've all been spoiled with $2 to the £1! When we went in 2005 we were pleased to get a rate of $1.72 and in the late 90's you were lucky to get $1.50 - $1.60.

You will still be surpised at how reasonable things are even with a rate of $1.70.

With the state of our economy at present it certainly isn't going to improve in the near future!

We've just had to go to Disneyland Paris with a rate of 1.20 euros to the £ - now that was harsh!!!!!

Sweet Pea UK :

Good point, the last time we went to Seattle back in 2002 we got a rate of $1.59 which at that time was seen as a standard good rate. We went to New York this May & got $2.00 & it seemed to stay a round that mark for many months. As mentioned at one point it went to something like $2.07:eek:

I guess all good things must come to an end though & the given rate is proving this. We should of got our money when things first started to drop, we were in hope that in may jump back up:rolleyes:

I know it sounds harsh but $1.78 or even $1.75 isn't bad. It's just we've all been spoiled with $2 to the £1! When we went in 2005 we were pleased to get a rate of $1.72 and in the late 90's you were lucky to get $1.50 - $1.60.

You will still be surpised at how reasonable things are even with a rate of $1.70.

With the state of our economy at present it certainly isn't going to improve in the near future!

We've just had to go to Disneyland Paris with a rate of 1.20 euros to the £ - now that was harsh!!!!!

Very true the exchange rate was unbelievably high and having been to the USA many time always been able to get more for your cash than the UK especially with food and drink etc unless your after "imported hard liquor" :woohoo: :rotfl2: I thought the :woohoo: was a smilie with a beer glass I need my glasses :eek:

Ticket prices are going up too. We just got our 14 day ultimates for £170, last month they were £162.

Denise
(who's very happy now we've got our tickets and spending money sorted!)

On one of our trips it was as low as $1.36:scared1: But we were lucky this time as I changed all our spends at $2.01.It's probably only going to get worse once the Govt finally admits what everyone else knows..we are in a recession!
We'll just have to get used to telling ourselves that things are a bargain because we got 2 to the £:goodvibes
SD:thumbsup2

we booked rooms for free ddp next year while there on bounceback.for us to cancel and book in £ over here rate would have to drop to $0.75 to £1.
we bourght our dvc in 99 and for years around that date average was $1.60
we always use that as our benchmark
Paulh
eta
then again been when $1.10 and still good value

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter