Evolution of a DISer

disneymore

Mouseketeer
I don't know if this happend to all of you, but this has been my evolution on this board.

Step 1. Discovered this board while planning for an upcoming DW trip. At first you find lots of different Disney websites, but you quicly realize that this one seems a little special :blush:. First you lurk around for a bit. Find out somethings you never knew.

Step 2. Your first post!! You ask two or three questions you NEED to know for your trip. Fellow DISers politley answer, even though had you searched the topic, your question was likely covered.

Step 3. Obseesion. As your trip gets closer, you want to know everything. You check the board constantly, you have question after question. You may even start answering some of the "newbies" questions.

Step 4. Withdrawl. You go on your trip and hate :goodvibes , reading the board, all those dumb people planning thier trip, what do you care. Maybe you just do your trip report, but that is it. Your not planning anything for a while anyways.

Step 5. Acceptance. You are drawn back to the board, want to know what new stuff is going on at DW, help fellow DISers out. If you get to this stage I think you are likely to be a lifer.

Step 6 A Lifer.

Now I haven't gotten to step 6 yet. Heck I may have just gotten to Step 5, barely. I know I am a relative newbie (only a memeber for over a month and less then 60 posts), but for someone reason I don't think I am the only one that has evolved this way. :goodvibes :goodvibes

I totally agree with you. Up until my trip I was addicted, I was on the board every possible moment, then I came back from my trip and I didn't even want to consider that other people were planning their trips. I came back about 3 months after (of course knowing that I am planning again for this june made it easier) :earsgirl:

I look every day (OK most days, more than once) and always read interesting and informative info.! It is part of my routine.

2boyshere said:
I look every day (OK most days, more than once) and always read interesting and informative info.! It is part of my routine.
Ditto - I think I'm well on my way to being a lifer. :rolleyes:

hi all,
you forgot some,
step 7,you wake up and say to yourself i can dis for about 20 mins before geeting ready for work,40 mins later your making deals with yourself that you skip shaving,60 mins later your new deal to yourself is you'll drive 10 mph faster to work and forget about stoping for coffee on the way,90 mins later your on the phone with your boss explaining your car won't start(it's not really a lie if you did not try to start it)

step 8,you talk the fdny computer rep into allowing the dis to be entered as allowed material on the fdny computers. :teeth:

step 9,your wife makes you sleep on the couch because she mad at you,but thats ok its closer to the computer room.

step 10,several famiy mebers are leaving phone messages that thier worried about you cause no one has heard from you in a couple of days.

step 11,friends and family members now show up at your house together to talk to you about this problem they think you have with the dis,afraid your are addicted to the disney message board.

step 12,it's 8 pm and you just realized you have not eating all day cause you been on the dis and last you remember it was 11 am.

step 13,you'll threaten anyone with his or her own life if they say one bad thing about disney world or the dis boards.

step 14,you now think going to disney only once every year is too little.

step 15, when at disney you feel the need to just walk up to total strangers and tell then about disney,also when on the potc ride you become the "tour guide" for the boat pointing out hidden mickeys and facts about the ride to a boat full of strangers.

step 16,you get to the disney on your first day and while checking in at your resort you began to cry uncontrolable and tell the cm that you just realized that you'll have to leave in 9 days.

step 17,you'll knock down a group of preschoolers just to be the first to wake up tinkerbell,so who cares that your a 30 y/o man with a beard that just woke a fairy.

step 18, you scream at your family when they get on a line to the right,when everyone knows that the left side is shorter.

step 19,you know the parks hours long before even disney does. :teeth:

that's all i could think off,sorry i was'nt trying to hijack this thread i figured you all could use a good laugh tonight i hope i was able to make you grin. have a great day all,

Love your post MR. FDNY. Hopefully I don't make it as far as you. I live in Florida, so I am close enough to DW I may just bag everything up and buy a permanent campsite at Fort Wilderness.

So is being a Disneyaholic a disease? If so I hope I don't need an intervention. I have to admit I spend more time reading than posting due to not wanting to sound stupid. By the way :disrocks: . I have to agree, I've read other sites, but I always return to the DIS.

Since DH left for Korea (just this past Monday :sad2: ) I have been spending more time on the boards. :rolleyes: Staying up late, kicking the kids off vmk, telling kids to get their own food......need I say more. :rotfl2: We are going to WDW when DH comes home for a month, he needs to have the perfect vacation and I need to get all the info I can! :grouphug: I can pull myself away if I want, I just don't want to! :tongue:

I totally agree with the OP, I know I probably got a lot of crazy looks for taking pics of my food, Even Dfi asked "WHY on earth are you doing that???" I said...calmly...its for the DIS.

And heck yeah, I turned my back on the dis after my dining report, it just hurt too much...but like a moth to a flame I was surely drawn back to it.

Gladly on my way to being a Lifer. :)

I totally agree. I started planning my Oct 06 trip the day after I got home. :flower:

Mr. FDNY...you are too funny! My DH always says he needs to stage an intervention for my addiction! I am on DIS for like, 3 hours a day...every day! Of course, i always do it at work so as not to take away from my family time at home ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter