Everything Virtual Queue - Please Read Posts 1 and 2

ok so if I understand correctly, we pay for the iLL for Cosmic but instead of it being for a set time, we get a boarding group number and wait for a notification that it's his turn?
Please see post 1.

Yes, a VQ and ILL$ will get you a BG when your time arrives. Once your BG is called you can ride anytime from them until park close.

ok so if I understand correctly, we pay for the iLL for Cosmic but instead of it being for a set time, we get a boarding group number and wait for a notification that it's his turn?
No. You can buy an ill just like normal with a return time and/or book vq and get a boarding group number.

So, for example you have 2 parents and toddler.... Parent 1 gets a VQ or ILL, both parents go to podium,request baby swap, Parent 1 rides, parent 2 waits, then goes in LL to ride- is this correct? So technically only parent 1 needs the VQ or ILL in this scenario?
Everyone riding needs a ILL or VQ. The CM will check that you have a rider too young to ride and issue a rider swap for 1 person. They will also scan that the waiting adult has the same entitlement (ILL or VQ). One of the riders from party 1 can ride again (gets the rider swap entitlement) to ride with the waiting parent. Second party goes through LL.

If the ride breaks down and you have an issue with the RS (happens at HS) you can explain to a CM that you had a rider swap and they will let you in. For ROTR LLIA we got a multi experience pass for 4 when party 2 couldn’t ride despite waiting in line until loading area (2 hours prior to closing). We also got refunded for that portion of the LLIA. We had the multi experience converted to our next day (Epcot) via chat (We had a Fantasmic dining package and so couldn’t use the multi experience pass). The converted Epcot multi experience pass was valid for GOTG as well, but we had it converted to a pass for 5 for Remy instead by going to GET (added toddler; had a GOTG VQ, took 55 mins to go through VQ for party1 and 20 mins for party2 to go through LL with RS (ride broke down earlier)).

Is it still allowed to go hours after return time? Call back time is like 11:30am but we won’t even be in the park till 3 or 4.

Hi.
Exactly what screen do you start refreshing prior to 7:00 am?
Thank you so much.

55 mins was during Christmas/New Years week and that was an exception due to the ride breaking down earlier in the day. The CM said it is usually 35 mins.

During EETPH (9-11 pm) the CM said the line was 45-50 mins and it did take that long to clear the line (we got in at 10:15 pm just a few mins after our BG was called and didn’t get off until slightly after park closing). Ride itself is 3 mins 20 secs long. We didn’t want to sprint over to Frozen or Remy (had similar waits which fell to 15 mins towards the end of the night) so chose to do GOTG as our last ride. We didn’t do rider switch but at TT they have you wait at the exit with the stroller and let you in once your party gets off, even if the park closes.

Last edited:
Also, a CM said if I got a VQ at 1 pm, I would have had to finish riding the first VQ to get another VQ at 6 pm (only issued for the extended evening hours 9-11 pm). I’m still not sure if he was correct as the 1 pm is issued until regular park close and the 6 pm is issued only for extended hours so they don’t conflict. We did ride our VQ in the afternoon, but just something to consider.

If you had a VQ (ride anytime after it’s called) and LLIA (say for same time) I think you can just ride it twice (be careful not to scan your band twice - our son’s RS got removed when he did).

Both parents need a VQ to use child swap. If only one parent has a VQ, only that parent will be able to ride. Same with LL reservations. Both parents require a reservation to ride.
When my husband and I rode we both got ILL and I waited outside with our two small kids and went through and never told anyone, would it have been faster if we used rider swap?

When my husband and I rode we both got ILL and I waited outside with our two small kids and went through and never told anyone, would it have been faster if we used rider swap?
If you WDW using ILL to both ride in this situation, no as the rider switch enters through the ILL line.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter