• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

SDFP: CHANGES COMING!! Beware the 7th of June?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright. Me again. Our trip is in 5 days!

I purchased 5 MBs from a disney store so they are good and currently unopened.

Today, I logged into MDE and created 5 phantom's for the 5 MBs. All are 16 years old and all have our middle names as the first name. I re-read the part about linking the MBs and followed the instruction until I got to the part of actually adding the MB ID number. I am following this instruction from page 1.

I get to the point of adding the actual number on the disneyworld website and stop because I am afraid that I will be adding them to our primary guests (making them clones). Is there a step AFTER putting the number in where you assign the MB to a person (phantom) on your account?

Thanks in advance. John
Yes; the one remaining step is to link the MB to the phantom of your choice.

The MB ID has to be entered and the MDE account has to accept it as a valid MB prior to it being linked. Use a Sharpie to add the phantom name to the MB if you purchased a set of same-colored MBs. :)

Yes; the one remaining step is to link the MB to the phantom of your choice.

The MB ID has to be entered and the MDE account has to accept it as a valid MB prior to it being linked. Use a Sharpie to add the phantom name to the MB if you purchased a set of same-colored MBs. :)
Thank you! I purchased 5 different colors (I do follow directions!) :D

I swear, I read the sticky. I'm probably asking an extremely dumb question, so I'm sorry in advance.

We have a split stay, the first night is on site but with no tickets attached. We move to AKV the next day. Am I right that the MBs we will get from the first stay can NOT be used as SDFP bands since the reservation has already been linked on my MDE?

If so, I should just buy a set of bands, correct?

ETA: OR - could I book a room only stay, wait until they ship the MBs and cancel it?

I swear, I read the sticky. I'm probably asking an extremely dumb question, so I'm sorry in advance.

We have a split stay, the first night is on site but with no tickets attached. We move to AKV the next day. Am I right that the MBs we will get from the first stay can NOT be used as SDFP bands since the reservation has already been linked on my MDE?

If so, I should just buy a set of bands, correct?

ETA: OR - could I book a room only stay, wait until they ship the MBs and cancel it?

You're right, the two sets of bands will be clones since they're associated with the same profiles. Might as well decline one.

For SDFP bands, I'd buy them.

I'd buy them.
Thanks, I reread the sticky slower the 3rd time (I have a migraine right now, I'm not trying to be difficult) and I get that the bands we will have will all be clones.

That being said, we will have at least 2 people on the reservation that will not be in the parks every day. I can use those bands as SDFP, correct? Trying to cut down financial outlay if I can.

Adding in - we will definitely get usage out of SDFP bands as we are getting annual passes. :D Debating getting cool bands to swap the puck with our primary APs on it with versus plain ones. I know my kids would be in 7th heaven and it would make it much easier to tell which ones were SDFP that way.

Last edited:
Alright. Me again. Our trip is in 5 days!

I purchased 5 MBs from a disney store so they are good and currently unopened.

Today, I logged into MDE and created 5 phantom's for the 5 MBs. All are 16 years old and all have our middle names as the first name.

[a guy sitting in the back row slowly raises hand and quietly asks:]

Is there any particular reason for making phantoms all 16 years old?

Thanks to all of you who have contributed to this thread. My sister successfully used my MB as SDFP at the Magic Kingdom today. She used the kiosks near Philharmagic to book her first set of 3 during the early morning entry event, and then booked at least 4 more during the course of the day. (I was stalking her by watching my MDE account) Between her FP and the SDFP, she did not use a standby line at all after 11am.

[a guy sitting in the back row slowly raises hand and quietly asks:]

Is there any particular reason for making phantoms all 16 years old?

The answer is in the first post. :)

The reason is that you might at some point want to add a phantom to a room reservation - mostly for the MagicBand the stay will entitle you to though you may have other reasons. And you won't have to pay extra to add that phantom to the reservation since he/she/it is under 18. (You have to pay extra for more than two adults in the room.)

Would this work? I have a varying amount of people in the parks at any point during the week we are on site. My 60 day window opened yesterday. Can I reassign the tickets of the people who are staying in the room to phantom doubles, remake FPs for the phantom profiles so we have prebooked FPs and then the primary profiles that are actually staying linked in the room with MBs would then become our SDFP people?

Would this work? I have a varying amount of people in the parks at any point during the week we are on site. My 60 day window opened yesterday. Can I reassign the tickets of the people who are staying in the room to phantom doubles, remake FPs for the phantom profiles so we have prebooked FPs and then the primary profiles that are actually staying linked in the room with MBs would then become our SDFP people?
Yes, the new MBs that are linked to the phantoms will provide the link to the booked FPs.

When you upgrade to the APs though, who/where will the AP be linked?

Yes, the new MBs that are linked to the phantoms will provide the link to the booked FPs.

When you upgrade to the APs though, who/where will the AP be linked?
I was going to keep them on the phantoms (basically those would become our primary profiles at that point).

The other option is to reassign all the people that aren't getting APs but still in the room (which actually kind of already happened because of nicknames, hubby's ticket is assigned to his nickname and his full name is on the reservation, he's not getting an AP)

The other option is to reassign all the people that aren't getting APs but still in the room (which actually kind of already happened because of nicknames, hubby's ticket is assigned to his nickname and his full name is on the reservation, he's not getting an AP)
This is better. ID needs to match AP info. You don't really need to reassign Tickets.

If you scan a MB at a FP kiosk, you'll be able to choose FPs. It won't matter that there are FPs booked for later in the trip.

The kiosk offers FPs as long as the RFID doesn't link to any FPs for that specific day.

This is better. ID needs to match AP info. You don't really need to keep be Tickets.

If you scan a MB at a FP kiosk, you'll be able to choose FPs. It won't matter that there are FPs booked for later in the trip.

The kiosk offers FPs as long as the RFID doesn't link to any FPs for that specific day.
Ok, then I need to reassign my mom's ticket as it is linked to her nickname and she will be upgrading to an AP.

Ok, then I need to reassign my mom's ticket as it is linked to her nickname and she will be upgrading to an AP.
Typo in my response.

You really don't need to reassign tickets. Keep the tickets to be upgraded with the real people.

Use the MBs of anyone who doesn't have FPs pre-booked for that day and you can get SDFP.

I'd keep phantoms without the tickets and not change anything.

Typo in my response.

You really don't need to reassign tickets. Keep the tickets to be upgraded with the real people.

Use the MBs of anyone who doesn't have FPs pre-booked for that day and you can get SDFP.

I'd keep phantoms without the tickets and not change anything.
Ok, will do, thanks!

I haven't seen anything about really old cards - I did read! I promise!! I have some cards from 2009 & 2011 (I don't know why....) they are not the green cards that everyone on here has discussed. They are from old package trips. They are not on my MDE. And I can't link them - the code or ID is not the right amount of numbers. So.........??? Would they work?

I haven't seen anything about really old cards - I did read! I promise!! I have some cards from 2009 & 2011 (I don't know why....) they are not the green cards that everyone on here has discussed. They are from old package trips. They are not on my MDE. And I can't link them - the code or ID is not the right amount of numbers. So.........??? Would they work?
They have to have the Mickey head symbol (or whatever the newer symbol is) - as far as I know, only ones from about 2013 and more recent work. Edited to add pics from the back of cards - the one on top is the newer symbol (Mickey head on a card); the second one is the older symbol (just Mickey head). If it doesn't have one of these it won't work.

Attachments

• Cards.JPG
    Cards.JPG
    100 KB · Views: 48
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter