Everything Rope Drop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! We are staying at Coronado next week. Wanting to be as close to front of line for entry to MK. I have a car and willing to upgrade to preferred parking. Then transfer to a bus? Or is it faster to take bus from Coronado? And would that be lining up for the bus at 6:30? That would be around 90 minutes if they let us in at around 7:15 instead of 8 am. Is this correct? I only have one shot at this and don’t want to screw up. Thank you for suggestions

Hi! We are staying at Coronado next week. Wanting to be as close to front of line for entry to MK. I have a car and willing to upgrade to preferred parking. Then transfer to a bus? Or is it faster to take bus from Coronado? And would that be lining up for the bus at 6:30? That would be around 90 minutes if they let us in at around 7:15 instead of 8 am. Is this correct? I only have one shot at this and don’t want to screw up. Thank you for suggestions
For MK the bus is your better option to rope drop, Yes, you will want to arrive at your bus stop at 6:30 for a posted opening time of 8:00.

If you take your car you will want to arrive at the MK parking toll booths around 6:45ish. If it’s timed right they will let you line up. If you’re early and they haven’t started letting cars line up you will need to circle around and try again. Once parking opens and you park, you will walk to the Ticket and Transportation Center and then need to take a monorail or ferry to the MK from there.

Historically it seems bus guests are arriving a bit before monorail and ferry guests which is why I recommend bus.

Where are you staying at Coronado? I'd take a look at the resorts board on the Coronado thread and see how the buses are currently running. If you're staying at Gran Destino Tower, know that's the last bus stop and (previously) the bus often fills before it gets to GDT. However, this was before capacity was increased and distancing reduced so hopefully it's better. Or maybe they've finally added buses.

We've had hit or miss experience at GDT during the pandemic and from what I've read this was an issue before the pandemic too. If you're at Casitas, you'll be the first bus stop. We went over to that stop during our last stay and got to MK pretty quickly. I'd totally do that again.

In February, we drove in when staying offsite and did not park preferred. One day we did monorail, the other, ferry. The monorail seemed to be a tad quicker. We found MK let us line up by car a little earlier than DHS did. One day we arrived at the tollbooth at 7:30 for a 9 a.m. open and the other day, 7:40. Both times we were maybe 5-7 cars back in our lane and toll boots opened at 8 on the button. We had great rope drops at Frontierland and Tomorrowland on each of those days and knocked out a few rides.

my sister was at pop this week, still there. she said pop bus line for mk was a line well before 6:30 a.m. She got on the first bus out to mk and was in line at approx. 6:17 a.m. and she was the last one on the first bus. unbelievable.
In February I was SO impressed by how organized Pop is with the crowds and buses. We only did one park day before moving offsite, but wow, super-efficient and orderly. We got on the 5th bus and still made pretty good time to MK. Those buses just kept coming :)

In February I was SO impressed by how organized Pop is with the crowds and buses. We only did one park day before moving offsite, but wow, super-efficient and orderly. We got on the 5th bus and still made pretty good time to MK. Those buses just kept coming :)
The buses are so organized at Pop! Makes it easier that you line up in order that you arrived at the bus. I feel badly for the mods and deluxe resorts that don't have the dedicated bus lines for each park as it makes lining up and waiting so much easier.

Getting to the bus stop 90 minutes before the first bus is simply not an option for our family. How far behind the buses/Disney transportation would we be at each of the parks, if driving and parking on our own? We don't have to be first in the parks, but also don't want to already have 45 min wait for SDD, FOP, SDMT, etc.
If you can't be on one of the first buses out, your next best option is your own vehicle. They open parking lots at the same time as the gates, so anyone waiting at the gates will get in first, but you should get through the tapstiles pretty quick. Imo, a personal vehicle is the better option because it does provide more control on your part on when to come and go. However, with MK, you'll still have to take monorail to get to the park entrance, so that may slow you some.

If I drive than I can’t get into the TTC area until when? What time should I leave my resort to wait in car line?

If I drive than I can’t get into the TTC area until when? What time should I leave my resort to wait in car line?
Please read post 1 as it answers many of your questions. What time you leave your resort will depend on how far your resort is from the parking booths for MK.

This information may be on the resorts board for the resort you're staying at. If not, you may wish to request it there as people at your resort will know the distances to each park best.

Looking at this thread... what are everyone's thoughts about how best to rope drop Epcot from Pop? That post makes it seem like the Skyliner puts those coming in from the IG at a real disadvantage.

Ugh. Yes coming in IG put us at the back of a 40 minute line for test track. Would not recommend

Looking at this thread... what are everyone's thoughts about how best to rope drop Epcot from Pop? That post makes it seem like the Skyliner puts those coming in from the IG at a real disadvantage.

Pop guests can walk over to AoA and take the bus to Epcot if they wish. Bus drops at the front of the park for those who wish to arrive there.

I didn't know that AoA ran buses to Epcot. I assumed that since it was on the Skyliner, that was the only option. Thanks!

Pop guests can walk over to AoA and take the bus to Epcot if they wish. Bus drops at the front of the park for those who wish to arrive there.
Aren't the busses also running to Epcot from Pop well before the 11am opening?

I have not been to Pop in a while.

edit: we were at AoA in Dec 2020 and we had to line up very, very early to catch the first bus to a park.

Aren't the busses also running to Epcot from Pop well before the 11am opening?

I have not been to Pop in a while.

edit: we were at AoA in Dec 2020 and we had to line up very, very early to catch the first bus to a park.
No. Buses have not run from Pop to/from Epcot and DHS since re-opening in Jul 2020. (The exception to this is that buses run when the Skyliner is closed for inclement weather)

If you wish to arrive at a park in time for rope drop it is recommended you arrive at your resort transportation 90 mins before posted park opening time.

No. Buses have not run from Pop to/from Epcot and DHS since re-opening in Jul 2020. (The exception to this is that buses run when the Skyliner is closed for inclement weather)

If you wish to arrive at a park in time for rope drop it is recommended you arrive at your resort transportation 90 mins before posted park opening time.
Wow..............I did not realize that.

That is a big deal!

Thanks for the update.

How does one get from Pop to HS for rope drop - Is the skyliner early enough? Or do we need a different strategy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter