Everything Rope Drop

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was asking if, rather than all of our party waiting in the car to park before heading to the turnstiles, I dropped the others off or let them out of the car to get in line, and then I waited to park.
Access to the official drop-off won't open until cars are allowed into the parking lot. You can't simply join the line of cars and just have your family hop out at that point to walk; it won't be allowed and is unsafe.

I guess it depends on your intention: are you planning to skip the first ride or what would be the benefit of the others arriving before you? If your family was dropped off -- say at Speedway -- and walked, they would join the queue to do health-screening and park entry before you. You can't really plan to join that queue as it does move fairly rapidly. You would need to meet up inside the park somewhere -- with either you missing a ride that they do, or negating their early arrival by having to wait for you.

Oops! @scrappinginontario types faster than me

Access to the official drop-off won't open until cars are allowed into the parking lot. You can't simply join the line of cars and just have your family hop out at that point to walk; it won't be allowed and is unsafe.

I guess it depends on your intention: are you planning to skip the first ride or what would be the benefit of the others arriving before you? If your family was dropped off -- say at Speedway -- and walked, they would join the queue to do health-screening and park entry before you. You can't really plan to join that queue as it does move fairly rapidly. You would need to meet up inside the park somewhere -- with either you missing a ride that they do, or negating their early arrival by having to wait for you.

Oops! @scrappinginontario types faster than me
Thank you both very much. In that case, how early should we line up to get into the parking lot at DHS and MK so we are near the front to give us the best chance of getting into the park as early as possible?

They won't allow cars to line up more than an hour prior to stated opening time. If you try earlier they'll send you off to circle around.

This question is for those of use staying at a resort with a Skyliner stop (specifically, AoA.) Can you still line up at the bus stop 90 minutes prior to park opening (which I would prefer), or should I be lining up at the Skyliner 90 minutes prior? Note sure where to start when trying to get to parks with Skyliner access!! Do they run the buses and Skyliner simulataneously?! Help, please!

I saw on another thread that people at AoA were being discouraged by CMs from taking the Skyliner for rope drop. (Of course, I cannot find that thread now to refer you to it...) I'm not sure why?

We’re at BLT and want to take the bus tomorrow to rope drop DHS. If I’m reading correctly, we need to be at bus stop by 6:30 for a 9 AM open?

We’re at BLT and want to take the bus tomorrow to rope drop DHS. If I’m reading correctly, we need to be at bus stop by 6:30 for a 9 AM open?

No, 7:30 would be the recommendation. The first bus probably won’t be coming until about 7:45 or a little later, but getting there by 7:30 should get you on the first bus.

It’s been a long few days!!! My husband is very thankful to hear this!! It would have been a long hour of silence waiting for that bus!

It’s been a long few days!!! My husband is very thankful to hear this!! It would have been a long hour of silence waiting for that bus!
LOL! I'm sure! The rule of thumb right now is to arrive for rope drop you want to arrive at your method of transportation 90 minutes before the park is scheduled to open.

If the parks open to all guests 45 minutes before their posted opening, is there still an advantage of being a resort guest and having entry to the parks 30 minutes before the posted opening?

If the parks open to all guests 45 minutes before their posted opening, is there still an advantage of being a resort guest and having entry to the parks 30 minutes before the posted opening?
I'm really hoping they don't start the "30 Minute Early Entry" until after our July trip. The current early entry sounds much better.

The 30 min early entry for resort guests has not started yet. A start date has not been announced.

I keep seeing high wait times for Pirates of the Caribbean. Do they start running that ride early at MK? I'm thinking of going there for rope drop rather than run to 7DMT like everyone else.

Depends.... Any ride could have some issues getting started, and might not open at the same time as the rest.

Many had said do Big Thunder and then Splash.... but last week the 10 year old wanted to do Mine Train first so we did that and then headed to BT to find both it and Splash were still not running and neither was Pirates. Ended up doing Jungle Cruise with a 20 Min wait and then Pirates was a walk at parking "opening" Splash was up to 65 Min... and BT still wasn't running.

We are arriving May 18th for a week staying at SSR. Should we arrive at the bus stop at 6:30 A.M. for an 8:00 park opening at DHS, MK and AK? Would using Lyft/Uber be a better idea for DHS, AK, Epcot? Thanks!!!

We are arriving May 18th for a week staying at SSR. Should we arrive at the bus stop at 6:30 A.M. for an 8:00 park opening at DHS, MK and AK? Would using Lyft/Uber be a better idea for DHS, AK, Epcot? Thanks!!!
Generally Disney transportation from resorts is arriving shortly before those who drive. Those who take car services will be held with those parking in the lots.

My last attempt to ask this question to this group what deleted...

I have read in previous posts that guests are held at various security/temp checks if walking from a Disney resort. I am wondering, and hoping someone will report back, how the removal of the screening changes the timing of arriving for rope drop in advance of those driving in? We will have the option to do walk/drive/bus this June and trying to plan how we will travel to each park in time for RD...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter