Everything Rope Drop

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is best to RD at each park? Actually, I guess I am asking for EP and for MK. I assume for AK it is FOP. It seems like for HS there are at least 3 philosophies/ strategies. For EP is it TT, Soarin', or something else? For MK, is it SDMT?

I'd check. It seems some parks have some rides that operate before official opening. I also feel some have rushed to Splash only to find out the hard way it's not up and running until right around official park opening. Same deal has happened with Soarin' at times.

I'd check. It seems some parks have some rides that operate before official opening. I also feel some have rushed to Splash only to find out the hard way it's not up and running until right around official park opening. Same deal has happened with Soarin' at times.
Back to AK, should we consider RD the safari at AK instead of FOP? My older DD LOVES the safari. We can do FOP at the end of the day and be happy with it. So now I am asking about RD strategies for AK and for MK.

Sorry, guess I am posting as I am thinking rather than having my thoughts together.

What is best to RD at each park? Actually, I guess I am asking for EP and for MK. I assume for AK it is FOP. It seems like for HS there are at least 3 philosophies/ strategies. For EP is it TT, Soarin', or something else? For MK, is it SDMT?
Back to AK, should we consider RD the safari at AK instead of FOP? My older DD LOVES the safari. We can do FOP at the end of the day and be happy with it. So now I am asking about RD strategies for AK and for MK.
There's a sticky thread at the top of this forum that covers this and "Everything Rope Drop."
Just read the first post of the thread (and more) HERE.

On the days we arrived before the official opening time in March, this is what we did:
HS- RNRC & TOT (we wanted to flip flop them but TOT wasn't open yet when we got down there)
AK- Navi & FOP (we walked on to Navi and then waited about 20-25ish for FOP)

We hopped to Epcot midday both days we were there, so I don't have any advice about RD. I will say though, that we found the wait times towards the end of the night to be manageable.

We hopped to MK late afternoon and arrived shortly after RD the other, but the day we got there right after RD we went towards Adventureland and had a manageable wait for Pirates.

Bus is your best option for sure. Arrive at the AoA bus stop 90 mins before official park opening.

If you take an Uber they will have to drop you off at the Ticket and Transportation Center and then take monorail or ferry to MK.

Thanks, we are actually moving from AoA to Bay Lake Tower for the remainder of our stay. We didn’t want to lose DVC points for first night in town since we are arriving late and decided to stay at AoA.

Since we are moving into Bay Lake, we would just take Uber to BLT. Would bus still be better option than Uber if we are trying to get to MK 60 minutes prior to opening?

Thanks, we are actually moving from AoA to Bay Lake Tower for the remainder of our stay. We didn’t want to lose DVC points for first night in town since we are arriving late and decided to stay at AoA.

Since we are moving into Bay Lake, we would just take Uber to BLT. Would bus still be better option than Uber if we are trying to get to MK 60 minutes prior to opening?
If you are moving to BLT that day then you will be allowed to enter the BLT parking lot. I'm guessing you are having Disney move your luggage for you?

Since you have a resort reservation you can enter the BLT lot at any point and if you don't mind the walk, you can walk to the MK. It's really close as there is no real guarantee which form of transportation to the MK will be allowed in 'first'. Some days it's the buses, other days it's those walking and other days the ferry or monorail. Traditionally the bus seems to be granted access first but it's only by minutes so no real advantage. Really it's whatever you'd prefer to do.

If you are moving to BLT that day then you will be allowed to enter the BLT parking lot. I'm guessing you are having Disney move your luggage for you?

Since you have a resort reservation you can enter the BLT lot at any point and if you don't mind the walk, you can walk to the MK. It's really close as there is no real guarantee which form of transportation to the MK will be allowed in 'first'. Some days it's the buses, other days it's those walking and other days the ferry or monorail. Traditionally the bus seems to be granted access first but it's only by minutes so no real advantage. Really it's whatever you'd prefer to do.

Thank you, yes Disney will move the luggage. Appreciate your help!

What is the current capacity protocol for Disney buses?
I am catching up on posts and I did not see a reply.......so here is my answer.

I am here now.

All the bus seats are being filled.......but there is no one standing

My guess is that each bus only 2/3's to 3/4's filled compared to the pre covid days.

I am catching up on posts and I did not see a reply.......so here is my answer.

I am here now.

All the bus seats are being filled.......but there is no one standing

My guess is that each bus only 2/3's to 3/4's filled compared to the pre covid days.
Are the plexiglass dividers still in place?

Sorry, guess I am posting as I am thinking rather than having my thoughts together.

I’ve heard the Safari does not operate until posted opening (generally 8 AM). Not sure if this is always accurate, but definitely heard it from several people. Just keep that in mind :)

For Epcot, I’d definitely recommend doing Test Track ASAP. It tends to break down a lot these days and wait times never seem to go down. Soarin’ waits are not bad after dinnertime, and Frozen Ever After at least fluctuates. Test Track (if it even consistently runs), just seems to stay at a high wait time.

Have a great trip!

Rope Drop ---- Blizzard Beach---Late April 2021

I looked at the first post and also the last 3 pages before posting this..............

Who has rope dropped Blizzard Beach lately?

I do not mind waiting to be one of the first people in the park.

What time do we go through the tapstiles?

What time do we cross the bridge?

Thanks in advance..............and NO.............I will not be doing Summit Plummit !!!

Ok stupid question. What is rope drop? How do you rope drop if you are already in the park early?
No stupid questions.

Others will chime in with more detail, but rope drop refers to being at the park well ahead of scheduled opening time (roughly 45 minutes early) in order to take advantage of lower crowds when the park first opens.

Right now, the parks are opening about 45 minutes before posted times. So by getting there early, you beat the crowds and can pack in a few headliner attractions before wait times escalate. Posts to this thread largely center around what rides to prioritize during that time, how to get to the park ahead of opening time, and what time is best.

In the past, CMs would literally have a rope that prevented park entry, and they'd take it down to let people in. Hence the name.

Rope Drop ---- Blizzard Beach---Late April 2021

I looked at the first post and also the last 3 pages before posting this..............

Who has rope dropped Blizzard Beach lately?

I do not mind waiting to be one of the first people in the park.

What time do we go through the tapstiles?

What time do we cross the bridge?

Thanks in advance..............and NO.............I will not be doing Summit Plummit !!!
I drove to Blizzard Beach about 6pm and talked to 2 CM's---

Official Open: 11 am
Tapstile Open: 10:30 am
Temp Tent Open: 10:00 am

There can always be some variation but this is the "new normal" as of recently

----During weekends the crowds build very fast----

What is the best way to Rope Drop MK and Epcot if staying at a Disney Springs hotel? In past I have ubered to the park or close resort and walked or monorail.

We rope dropped at DAK this morning. Got the first bus out of the Boardwalk at about 6:55 and arrived at DAK about 7:10. There was almost nobody at the gates; there must not have been any other buses arriving at the exact same time. We walked very casually to FOP and walked nonstop through the long queue and were waved right into the loading area.

When we got off the ride we went directly to the Safari, and they had not let anyone in yet. The line started moving a little before 8 and we were on and off the ride a little after 8:30. After my wife and daughters stopped for Starbucks and finished their drinks we went to Dinosaur (walk on) and EE (10 minute wait).

Bottom line: to rope drop DAK, take an early bus and go to FOP before the Safari.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter