Everything PhotoPass & Memory Maker

Hi all. Following up on my post about borders and stickers. I emailed PhotoPass a couple of weeks ago and after not hearing back I decided to call. The cast member I spoke to said that while the button to add a border or sticker is still there, borders and stickers have been taken away as of the last update and are not slated to come back. She did say that they've been instructed to fill out a form every time a guest calls about this so she wonders if there's enough interest they might bring them back. Bummer :(

What a shame. Does that mean the ride photo borders are gone as well? My last experience with MM (years ago), they had to be added manually.

What a shame. Does that mean the ride photo borders are gone as well? My last experience with MM (years ago), they had to be added manually.
We didn't have any ride photos this trip so I'm not sure of the answer. We did have some photos taken around the Polynesian and they had borders when they showed up in my account, so seems like there is a way for the photogs to add them maybe?

Are there currently photographers at the character meet & greets? We went last year but the characters were distanced and no photographers. Just wondering if things are different this year.

Hi all. Following up on my post about borders and stickers. I emailed PhotoPass a couple of weeks ago and after not hearing back I decided to call. The cast member I spoke to said that while the button to add a border or sticker is still there, borders and stickers have been taken away as of the last update and are not slated to come back. She did say that they've been instructed to fill out a form every time a guest calls about this so she wonders if there's enough interest they might bring them back. Bummer :(
Quoting myself with another update. I finally got an email back from PhotoPass today, four weeks after I emailed them. The response said they are experiencing technical difficulties with borders and it should be corrected in a future app update. This is totally different from what the phone CM told me and now my photos have expired anyway. Kind of disappointed.

Quoting myself with another update. I finally got an email back from PhotoPass today, four weeks after I emailed them. The response said they are experiencing technical difficulties with borders and it should be corrected in a future app update. This is totally different from what the phone CM told me and now my photos have expired anyway. Kind of disappointed.
They might say no, but I would email back and say you are disappointed in how long the response took, and disappointed that the update hasn't happened, and ask if they would extend your photos until it gets updated.

They might say no, but I would email back and say you are disappointed in how long the response took, and disappointed that the update hasn't happened, and ask if they would extend your photos until it gets updated.
That’s a great suggestion. Thank you. I just emailed them.

We are planning for our trip next week and looking forward to the PhotoPass/MemoryMaker. Is it starting to feel like there is a good number of photopass opportunities throughout the parks again? For a bit there, the offerings felt somewhat sparse. We always recommend to our family and friends that they should buy the MemoryMaker/Photopass for their visit... but we were starting to hear back from some folks that they didn't think it was worth it. We love being able to put our own phones away and get great-quality pictures of the whole family so I'm hopeful that Photopass stuff is "returning to normal."

Are there currently photographers at the character meet & greets? We went last year but the characters were distanced and no photographers. Just wondering if things are different this year.

Following up on this post: Is there a way in MDE to see which characters have photo pass photographers or boxes? I know how to view character meets OR photopass locations on the map in MDE but is there a way to see which characters have photographers?

Hi all! I am confused about the pricing. Everywhere I see that it costs $169USD, but to purchase on the app for our January trip, it's showing as $319AUD - which is equal to $242USD. Has the price risen, or am I doing something wrong?

Following up on this post: Is there a way in MDE to see which characters have photo pass photographers or boxes? I know how to view character meets OR photopass locations on the map in MDE but is there a way to see which characters have photographers?
There isn’t a way to see this in MDE but since I was a photopass photographer in Epcot until recently I can tell you there are boxes with Anna and Elsa, and the rest of the characters in Epcot have a photographer (not every character is back to having a photographer but most do). I’m not 100% sure on the other parks except I know for sure Mickey on Main Street has a box.

Believe me, the CMs hate the boxes as much as the guests. They don’t take great pictures and they malfunction a ton but there’s no way for the CMs to fix them. My favorite part of my job was working with the characters.

Wondering if anyone knows what time the photopass people are in front of the castle in the mornings? Are they there for early morning hours before the parks fill?

Wondering if anyone knows what time the photopass people are in front of the castle in the mornings? Are they there for early morning hours before the parks fill?
We were able to take pictures in front of the castle before early entry - my guess is they were there right at opening

To be thorough, make sure every person is linked to every other person. So if there's six of you:

A links to B
A links to C
A links to D
A links to E
A links to F
B links to C
B links to D
B links to E
B links to F
C links to D
C links to E
C links to F
D links to E
D links to F
E links to F

Then, within Friends and Family, make sure this box is checked for each linked pair.

View attachment 668419

It should be checked by default.
Can someone please tell me where to find this in MDE? Thank you!

I don't think it would be an issue, but my boyfriend questioned me about, so thought I would ask. We are linked to a family member with an annual pass and so usually they download our photos for us. This trip we are going with friends and linked to their account to use their memory maker. It shouldn't be an issue, right?

I don't think it would be an issue, but my boyfriend questioned me about, so thought I would ask. We are linked to a family member with an annual pass and so usually they download our photos for us. This trip we are going with friends and linked to their account to use their memory maker. It shouldn't be an issue, right?
If the annual pass still has photopass, everyone linked should have their photos show up. However, this has not been happening for us. DS still has a gold AP with photopass, dh and I have Sorcerer pass without photopass. On attractions that don’t have a place to tap, ride photos of my husband and I are not showing. We were in separate cars for Guardians, 7DMT, Buzz, the ones of us are not showing. The of ds’s car are showing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter