Everything PhotoPass & Memory Maker

If I have purchased Memory Maker for the first half of a split stay, it will be good for the second half, correct? I've read the site and I "think" that I'm good but I'm asking for reassurance that I understand it correctly.

I’m really wanting to buy the MM for our end of July trip, but now hesitant after seeing the Orange County mayor recommended masks again. I don’t want to pay that much for pictures with masks. I wonder if Disney will make masks mandatory again?

Last edited:

No idea. We had MM for our trip with indoor masks. My DW bought the MM package. I was hesitant. I have ended up purchasing all sorts of pictures and created vinyl artwork with our outdoor maskless pictures. In the end, it turned out to be a great investment for our family. I really cherish our pictures.

Also, when we went CMs were not allowed to take pictures with our phones as that was COVID safety measure for staff. That too has changed as far as I am aware.

Ok, I just purchased the advanced memory maker for our trip next Sat. Is there anything I need to do right now, or do I just show up at the parks and let them scan the magic band (for either myself or son) and the pictures link up? Just want to make sure I’m reading everything correctly. Thanks

Is it better to wait to buy the One Day Memory Maker since it doesn't seem like there is a discount for buying it in advance?

I noticed the app doesn't appear to give a discount for purchasing in advance. Go to the website and log in. It shows up there. You pay 169.00 versus 199.00. Good luck! That's the way I purchased ours the other day.

Ok, I just purchased the advanced memory maker for our trip next Sat. Is there anything I need to do right now, or do I just show up at the parks and let them scan the magic band (for either myself or son) and the pictures link up? Just want to make sure I’m reading everything correctly. Thanks
After you get your first picture, you go into the app, select the picture(Will have a watermark), and select activate.

I noticed the app doesn't appear to give a discount for purchasing in advance. Go to the website and log in. It shows up there. You pay 169.00 versus 199.00. Good luck! That's the way I purchased ours the other day.
I’m looking at the one day memory maker which on the app says it’s $69.99. I’ll check the website just to see if there’s a discount.

I have purchased the Memory Maker Service for our trip in September. How many people can share in its use? There are 9 in my Party.

To clarify, everyone in your F&F group in MDE will be able to see all the photos, but they'll see a watermark across them. Only the "owner" of the MM (you) will be able to see the photos without watermarks and be able to download them and then share them with your F&F.

I have an upcoming trip with two families in a 2 bedroom. Each family has a single MDE account with the other people managed by 1 parent. We've linked the two accounts and linked each person in each account. ETA: I've purchased Memory Maker already.

They are newbies to MDE and I don't want them to accidentally alter our plans. In Family & Friends, as long as we've all selected to share Photopass photos, can we set it to only view shared plans? Any problems with their photos syncing to my Photopass in that situation?

Thanks

I have an upcoming trip with two families in a 2 bedroom. Each family has a single MDE account with the other people managed by 1 parent. We've linked the two accounts and linked each person in each account. ETA: I've purchased Memory Maker already.

They are newbies to MDE and I don't want them to accidentally alter our plans. In Family & Friends, as long as we've all selected to share Photopass photos, can we set it to only view shared plans? Any problems with their photos syncing to my Photopass in that situation?

Thanks
They need to set their MDE for you to view their photos (and of course you can set it for them to view yours). And yes, you can set it so they can only view shared plans. They will see the photos with a watermark; you will see them without a watermark and can download them and share them via email, flash drive, etc. I believe that the only plans they could alter would be plans you all share, such as park pass reservations (and FP if it comes back by then). I don't think they could mess with your hotel reservations unless they logged into your MDE account, and only the person set as manager of an ADR can change it.

They need to set their MDE for you to view their photos (and of course you can set it for them to view yours). And yes, you can set it so they can only view shared plans. They will see the photos with a watermark; you will see them without a watermark and can download them and share them via email, flash drive, etc. I believe that the only plans they could alter would be plans you all share, such as park pass reservations (and FP if it comes back by then). I don't think they could mess with your hotel reservations unless they logged into your MDE account, and only the person set as manager of an ADR can change it.
Much appreciated, thank you!

Does the memory maker website still have borders and stickers? They weren't available in our Dec 2019 photos, and the only recent info in this thread was from the spring where you could only add them through an Apple app (don't have) and not the website. If the usual borders aren't available to add on the website, we'll skip memory maker in our upcoming Dec trip and just buy 1 or 2 good shots ... will save us a lot of standing in Christmas photos lines!

Does the memory maker website still have borders and stickers? They weren't available in our Dec 2019 photos, and the only recent info in this thread was from the spring where you could only add them through an Apple app (don't have) and not the website. If the usual borders aren't available to add on the website, we'll skip memory maker in our upcoming Dec trip and just buy 1 or 2 good shots ... will save us a lot of standing in Christmas photos lines!
They do, but can only be accessed on the Apple app. They can't be saved to your account, but can be messaged or emailed to yourself. It's been this way for years. I just edited mine last week from our visit in June. It was the same.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!