Everything Park Hopping - Please Read Post 1

We've gotten in at 1:55 at the International Gateway at epcot, but I think it was because it wasn't busy (yet) and probably were trying to space out the crowd a bit. Just a guess. We were willing and able to wait, but I wouldn't go early intentionally.
Yes, this is why I wanted to know. I think it’ll be much easier for me to make sure to plan to arrive AFTER 2 so I don’t have to worry or wonder.
At first I was thinking of getting there by 2 to maximize time, but I am too much of a “get everywhere 15-30 minutes early or I’m anxious” kind of person.
Thanks everyone!

Someone said parks have never closed to hoppers because of capacity. Thats true even at really crowded holiday times?

edited to add: i guess i’m asking about pre-covid since there havent been any huge crowd days post covid right?

Someone said parks have never closed to hoppers because of capacity. Thats true even at really crowded holiday times?

edited to add: i guess i’m asking about pre-covid since there havent been any huge crowd days post covid right?
The only time a park closed to hoppers was pre-covid when MK closed to everyone when it reached capacity. That scenario really cannot compare to now as qualifications are different. Now that park reservations are required, a guest with a reservation can access that park from open to close in spite of the number of people in the park.

In the spring there were a number of days when all 4 parks were full for park reservations and people could not book a reservation at any park. Even on those days guests could hop to all 4 parks.

So with the current low crowds anyone think there will be more flexibility with the park hopping time 2PM seems a bit late to me
Im guessing a big part of that time is to get people to Epcot for F&W, but staying in one park to 2Pm is a PITA for me - especially if there are such low wait times currently

So with the current low crowds anyone think there will be more flexibility with the park hopping time 2PM seems a bit late to me
Im guessing a big part of that time is to get people to Epcot for F&W, but staying in one park to 2Pm is a PITA for me - especially if there are such low wait times currently

Everyone is still under the assumption that it's 2pm for the 1pm reservations for Ride of the Resistance and eventually Ratatouille starting October 1.

Everyone is still under the assumption that it's 2pm for the 1pm reservations for Ride of the Resistance and eventually Ratatouille starting October 1.
K -Thanks - I dont follow Disney side much anymore - but considering a day or two just to check back in - as someone who does all four parks in a day 2PM is pretty late for me

I was curious with the BG availability for Rise being wide open through the day, if there were opportunities for multiple rides. Typically it’s one boarding group per person, per day. How were you able to ride 3 times in a day? We’re there this weekend and would love to ride it more than once if possible.
It has been 2:00 since Jan 1 when it restarted so light crowds through full park reservations. Personally I anticipate it staying this way for the foreseeable future as crowds will soon pick up for the 50th starting Oct 1st and it gives Disney more opportunity to spread crowds throughout the parks.

How late can you arrive and tap in to Epcot when it closes at 10pm? Is front or IG entrance different? We just booked a bday trip for me in Oct and my hope is to start in Epcot, monorail to MK for a few hours - watch fireworks from train station - then book it to the monorail back to Epcot for some photos and a drink. This is a Sun when there is a Boo Bash, fireworks are at 8pm.

How late can you arrive and tap in to Epcot when it closes at 10pm? Is front or IG entrance different? We just booked a bday trip for me in Oct and my hope is to start in Epcot, monorail to MK for a few hours - watch fireworks from train station - then book it to the monorail back to Epcot for some photos and a drink. This is a Sun when there is a Boo Bash, fireworks are at 8pm.
There shouldn’t be a problem doing this as fireworks will be done by 8:15ish. Even if it takes you an hour to get to Epcot you will still have 45 mins before the park closes. It may be a challenge getting too deep into the park to get a drink but it will really depend on transportation. I’m pretty sure they will allow you to access a park right until closing, especially if fireworks are offered at closing.

There shouldn’t be a problem doing this as fireworks will be done by 8:15ish. Even if it takes you an hour to get to Epcot you will still have 45 mins before the park closes. It may be a challenge getting too deep into the park to get a drink but it will really depend on transportation. I’m pretty sure they will allow you to access a park right until closing, especially if fireworks are offered at closing.
Thanks! We are staying at the dolphin so once inside the park leaving would be thru WS, even strolling thru is good enough for me

Hi. Thank you for this thread and I read the first page.
Can I ask if you have an AP, I still make ressies at the second park to hop, is that correct?
What if I wanted to do three parks?
Is this a question for AP thread(s)?
Just new to AP and hopping so thought I would ask here first.

Thank you.

Hi. Thank you for this thread and I read the first page.
Can I ask if you have an AP, I still make ressies at the second park to hop, is that correct?
What if I wanted to do three parks?
Is this a question for AP thread(s)?
Just new to AP and hopping so thought I would ask here first.

Thank you.
You can only make a park reservation at one park per day, and it has to be at the park you visit first. If you have a park hopper ticket or an annual pass, you may then hop to any other park at 2:00 or later without having a reservation at the second, third or fourth park . . . subject to park capacity at the second, third or fourth park, which hasn't been an issue to date (but could be on October 1, or Christmas week, e.g.). The fact that the second or subsequent park might have no more park reservations available wouldn't necessarily mean it is unavailable to park hoppers. In the past, people have been allowed to hop to parks where all the park reservations had been taken.

How long should I budget for getting to DHS from MK for a 2pm park-hop for 2 adults? (assuming I start at the MK City Hall)

Great info! Thx!

But cannot find Forum for Q re: Buying 10-day Hoppers.
Former FL Resident & former DVC, but not currently, so AP isn't an option.
May even be staying off-site with former neighbors.

A VERY reputable discount ticket broker is selling 10 day hoppers which they also said will be valid 2022.

Anyone know how to confirm that info?
Two days searching online & nothing....
Thanks again (& good to be back) :earsgirl:

Is it possible to go to HS around 3/4pm and then hop over to MK for the evening/fireworks? We are staying at Beach Club. Trying to decide how to spend our first day (Saturday). We land at 10:30am.

ETA - never been to Disney as an adult with kids and don't really know what the transportation will be like.

Is it possible to go to HS around 3/4pm and then hop over to MK for the evening/fireworks? We are staying at Beach Club. Trying to decide how to spend our first day (Saturday). We land at 10:30am.

ETA - never been to Disney as an adult with kids and don't really know what the transportation will be like.
Yes, get your park pass reservation for Hollywood Studios for that day. Go to DHS when you're ready and then when ready to head to magic kingdom, go to the Bus stops and find the bus to the magic kingdom.

Forgive me if this is already been answered. I didn't read through all 21 pages. What happens if I want to change a park reservation day from one day to another during my trip? Can that be done, if so can it be done easily? Can it be done the day before a park reservation?

Thanks,
Dee

Forgive me if this is already been answered. I didn't read through all 21 pages. What happens if I want to change a park reservation day from one day to another during my trip? Can that be done, if so can it be done easily? Can it be done the day before a park reservation?

Thanks,
Dee
Just clarifying that you are asking about changing a Park Reservation and not park hopping, correct? (Only asking as this is the Park Hopping thread).

If you wish to change a Park Reservation I would recommend checking the availability calendar first. If there is availability at the park you would like to change your reservation to, you will need to cancel your original reservation and rebook a reservation at the other park.

Note: If you do this during busy times (not really a problem right now but was earlier this year) there is no guarantee that the new park will be available nor are you guaranteed to get your first reservation again so if trying to change during busier times, just be aware of the risks.

Hope that helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter