Everything Park Hopping - Please Read Post 1

Me and my friends going there tomorrow, and since the mask mandate was partially lifted in Disney world in Florida, does it change anything? Like for example, park hopping and such. Can we still only park hop at certain times?
I have to think the restrictions on park hopping hours will remain as long as the park reservation system is operational. If they were to open up park hopping to what it was in the past, then the park reservation system becomes pretty much worthless when it comes to controlling the number of people in each park.

What I could see them doing is starting to vary the hours more and possibly open up hopping to certain parks earlier, especially if there are parks that are not fully booked. For example, if Epcot and AK have quite a bit of availability on any given day, why not let people hop over to there from MK or HS anytime they want?

We are going to Disney in July and have park hopper added to our tickets. At 2pm we check and find that the park we want to hop has capacity. Do we have to go immediately to that park or do we have a certain amount of time we have to get there. Example, at MK and want to eat at Epcot for dinner. We find at 2pm Epcot has capacity but don't want to head over there until 5pm. Do we have to check again closer to 5pm or does it "reserve" our spot when we check at 2pm. Hope this makes sense.

We are going to Disney in July and have park hopper added to our tickets. At 2pm we check and find that the park we want to hop has capacity. Do we have to go immediately to that park or do we have a certain amount of time we have to get there. Example, at MK and want to eat at Epcot for dinner. We find at 2pm Epcot has capacity but don't want to head over there until 5pm. Do we have to check again closer to 5pm or does it "reserve" our spot when we check at 2pm. Hope this makes sense.
There is no "reserving a spot" when it comes to hopping. When you're ready to hop, you can call the phone number to check to see if any parks are at capacity and if not, then you make your way to your selected park.

So far, no one has been turned away from a park during park hopping hours as long as you first tapped into the park you have a reservation for. We were there earlier this month and didn’t even call to check. We just went to the park of our choice after 2:00.

When you're ready to hop, you can call the phone number to check to see if any parks are at capacity and if not, then you make your way to your selected park.
What phone number do you call see if any parks are at capacity?

There is no reserving a spot, but to date there has been no instance of the parks not allowing hopping. So unless something changes before July (which I doubt), there is really no need to call and check for capacity.

Can you park hop to the same park? For example - MK in morning then back to resort then back to MK. Since we reserved the park do we get to keep it all day OR when we leave we have to check the crowd hopping counter before returning to the MK.

Can you park hop to the same park? For example - MK in morning then back to resort then back to MK. Since we reserved the park do we get to keep it all day OR when we leave we have to check the crowd hopping counter before returning to the MK.
You can leave and come back the same day and it would not be considered "hopping".

You can go to a park in the morning, leave go to another park or back to the resort to swim, etc and then return to the first park later in the day. This is allowed, and you don't need a park hopper for this as its not considered park hopping unless you go to another park.

Just to clarify, your entrance is guaranteed all day for the park you reserved. There are no situations where capacity would stop you from entering that park, whether you have entered before that or not.

We have park hopper tickets and the Saturday we are there, have an AK reservation. My son is dying to build a droid, so we reserved a spot for that at Hollywood that evening. Anyone have any trouble keeping the droid reservation for a park where you don't have a reservation (but do have a hopper ticket). They let me book it, just curious if anyone else has experiences to share.

We have park hopper tickets and the Saturday we are there, have an AK reservation. My son is dying to build a droid, so we reserved a spot for that at Hollywood that evening. Anyone have any trouble keeping the droid reservation for a park where you don't have a reservation (but do have a hopper ticket). They let me book it, just curious if anyone else has experiences to share.
You won't have any trouble. To date park hopping has never been restricted even when parks are at capacity.

I've read through the whole thread and replies and just so I'm clear (realizing things could change in the next three weeks). If I don't currently have park hoppers and the parks are at capacity, then we won't be able to add them on, correct?

I've read through the whole thread and replies and just so I'm clear (realizing things could change in the next three weeks). If I don't currently have park hoppers and the parks are at capacity, then we won't be able to add them on, correct?
Correct. There have been instances of people being able to add them at the park but it's not often.

I'm confused by this. So, we are going June 5-12. Some of us have APs, some have single park tickets. We are staying at Beach Club so hoping to upgrade the non-hoppers when we get there so we can spend some nights in Epcot. But this may not be allowed if all 4 parks hit capacity? Should we purchase in advance just to be sure? As of now, at least Epcot is available all but two of our days. Those 2 days (June 5th and 7th), no parks are available. But we all have park passes for each day so I was thinking we could upgrade to hoppers without issue since there are no reports of hopping not being allowed. Is that not the case? Thanks!

But this may not be allowed if all 4 parks hit capacity?
I think you should be able to do it onsite, but if you are sure you will hop there is no harm in buying in advance.

The issue with "the parks are full" is that ticket sales are completely stopped when all 4 parks become sold-out of park reservations. Once that happens, the phone CMs are no longer able to see prices and therefore can't do the upgrade. Some folks have reported being able to upgrade by requesting a supervisor or Guest Relations, so I think it's largely a situation that front-line phone CMs don't have access.

According to ticketing CM I just spoke with, the only option when there are sold out days is to do it in person. But she didn't sound like it was a big deal. Do-able, just not do-able in advance. Even if all days are sold out, she said they would be able to do it at the ticket window so we could hop.

However, if they add availability between now and our trip, I'm going to do it in advance to ease my mind.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter