Everything Park Hopping - Please Read Post 1

AP holders. Have park reservations for 5 for MK. Intend on park hopping to Epcot (if available) after 2pm. My one DS, actually arrives that day to meet us - and "may" not arrive in time to enter MK with us (but will want to PH to Epcot later with us.)

Questions:
1.) can I just scan his band at MK for him to "swipe in" for purpose of hopping later?
2.) If not, do I have to modify his park reservation for that day to Epcot?
3.) Can the above typically be done the day of?
4.) Assuming we have PH availability, does that mean there would also likely be the availability at that time to modify (for him) to his "main park" for the day?

Thanks in advance.

Two options:
  • You can change his reservation to Epcot. That may or may not be something he can do day-of - keep an eye on the park reservations.
  • When he finally arrives at WDW, he can first go to MK and tap in then leave to go to Epcot.

AP holders. Have park reservations for 5 for MK. Intend on park hopping to Epcot (if available) after 2pm. My one DS, actually arrives that day to meet us - and "may" not arrive in time to enter MK with us (but will want to PH to Epcot later with us.)

Questions:
1.) can I just scan his band at MK for him to "swipe in" for purpose of hopping later?
2.) If not, do I have to modify his park reservation for that day to Epcot?
3.) Can the above typically be done the day of?
4.) Assuming we have PH availability, does that mean there would also likely be the availability at that time to modify (for him) to his "main park" for the day?

Thanks in advance.
1 No. You need his finger, which I'm guessing he isn't gonna give up, LOL
2 Yes - ETA - if you are fairly sure he won't get there till after 2:00, or after y'all have hopped, just make his for Epcot from the get go.
3 Sometimes
4 One has nothing to do with the other. PH has not been affected by no reservations for the park being hopped to

1 No. You need his finger, which I'm guessing he isn't gonna give up, LOL
2 Yes - ETA - if you are fairly sure he won't get there till after 2:00, or after y'all have hopped, just make his for Epcot from the get go.
3 Sometimes
4 One has nothing to do with the other. PH has not been affected by no reservations.
Thank you! Now - a follow up question if you don't mind :-) We intend on doing MK, then PH to Epcot after 2pm, then back to MK for late night hours. How would I handle his reservation if he ends up not being able to meet us early for MK - but still wants to go to Epcot and then MK late night? Would it be - 1.) Change his main reservation to Epcot then PH for him to MK? Can this be done if he doesn't hit Epcot until after 3pm for his "first" park?

Thank you! Now - a follow up question if you don't mind :-) We intend on doing MK, then PH to Epcot after 2pm, then back to MK for late night hours. How would I handle his reservation if he ends up not being able to meet us early for MK - but still wants to go to Epcot and then MK late night? Would it be - 1.) Change his main reservation to Epcot then PH for him to MK? Can this be done if he doesn't hit Epcot until after 3pm for his "first" park?
As long as there is availability for the park you want to change to, you can change a reservation if that ticket hasn't been scanned in for the day.

Sure. It doesn't matter if you don't enter your first park till late in the day.
Only 2 rules, until further notice at least, #1 is you must enter your reserved park before you can hop and #2, you can't hop till 2 PM
Beyond those 2 points, anything goes.
You can enter your reserved park at 6PM, walk right back out and hop to your next park
You can enter your reserved park, hop after 2PM, go back to your reserved park
You can enter your reserved park, hop after 2, then hop again to another park and again to a 4th park. Then back to another park you've entered already. Time permitting. You can hop like bunnies on a sugar rush ;)

Since MK is full some days in December already, you might consider having him go to MK and scan in then monorail to Epcot. Then he can easily go back to MK with you. Or, if he doesn’t make it in till late, he can still meet you at MK. I saw that it is closed for reservations on Dec. 5.

Since MK is full some days in December already, you might consider having him go to MK and scan in then monorail to Epcot. Then he can easily go back to MK with you. Or, if he doesn’t make it in till late, he can still meet you at MK. I saw that it is closed for reservations on Dec. 5.
Great idea! Once he scanned in - no need for "availability" for PH to MK for him later... correct? He could then just enter with us as normal.

Is tomorrow when the surge pricing starts for park hoppers? We are going Dec. 30 - Jan 4 - I already have one day tickets, so I would need to buy park hopper option today to avoid the surge pricing?

Is tomorrow when the surge pricing starts for park hoppers? We are going Dec. 30 - Jan 4 - I already have one day tickets, so I would need to buy park hopper option today to avoid the surge pricing?
Sorry, not sure what you mean by 'surge pricing'? As of tomorrow, each park's one day ticket can be a different amount.

If you have one day tickets and want to add the park hopper option, it will probably be cost effective to do that today. I would guess the only park that may not be affected would be AK as it rarely fills up so I personally anticipate those tickets to be the lowest cost but, that's only a guess on my part.

Historically with Disney tickets, prices go up and rarely go down. I don't anticipate tickets being less tomorrow.

Sorry, not sure what you mean by 'surge pricing'? As of tomorrow, each park's one day ticket can be a different amount.

If you have one day tickets and want to add the park hopper option, it will probably be cost effective to do that today. I would guess the only park that may not be affected would be AK as it rarely fills up so I personally anticipate those tickets to be the lowest cost but, that's only a guess on my part.

Historically with Disney tickets, prices go up and rarely go down. I don't anticipate tickets being less tomorrow.

Thanks so much for the quick response: this is the article that mentioned tomorrow prices change for various add-ons, including park hopper: https://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2022/11/21/why-december-8th-is-such-a-big-deal-in-disney-world/

Just wondering that if I already have one day, if I need to purchase by tomorrow.

Hi. If we want to make dining reservations in the park we want to hop to at the 60 day mark, can we do that or do we have to have a park hop reservation in place for the second park? We haven’t hopped in so long and are unfamiliar with how it works now.

Thanks,
Dee

As long as the adr for park #2 is after 2pm you are fine… keep in mind they ‘could’ restrict hopping access due to capacity but they so far have only enacted this once to my knowledge

Hi. If we want to make dining reservations in the park we want to hop to at the 60 day mark, can we do that or do we have to have a park hop reservation in place for the second park? We haven’t hopped in so long and are unfamiliar with how it works now.

Thanks,
Dee
Post 1 of this thread explains park hopping in detail. Information in post 1 is all current.

I got up early to get my ADRs and scored a reservation at Space 220 at 1:55 the day we leave. My plan was to rope drop and spend the morning at MK and then hop over to Epcot to eat at Space 220....I recently realized there is a snag with my plan. We cant enter Epcot until 2. (can't teach old dog new tricks)

Would my solution work?

DH is not a rope drop kind of guy and I would let him chill and make his park reservation for Epcot to be at Space 220 on time. The rest of us would be at the Epcot turnstile at 130 to hopefully be allowed to enter at 1:45 - 2. I know there is chance hopping might start earlier but I haven't seen where that has happened yet... I also know we all can have Epcot park reservations.

I am travelling with my grandson and that is why MK is preferred over Epcot

Thank you all for your opinions and experiences :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter